H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GM Parts Direct and Rocker Protectors

Anyone order their rocker protectors from GM Parts direct? If so, was there no shipping costs, just a handling fee of $9.95? I have written them only to obtain a smart arse answer that never came lose to answering my question. However, the price they show is less than my price.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GM Parts Direct and Rocker Protectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
Anyone order their rocker protectors from GM Parts direct? If so, was there no shipping costs, just a handling fee of $9.95? I have written them only to obtain a smart arse answer that never came lose to answering my question. However, the price they show is less than my price.

Heh 5..I assume you mean Rock Rails..??? As in Rocker panel Protectors or am I screwing this post up..?? If so ....what is the price that there showing.

Also..I received a $50.00 dicount certificut form the General for Accessories.. I wonder if that could be applied..
Old 04-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3 Tiger is on a distinguished road

There is shipping... trust me. It's also quite a bit higher than it should be, but that's how they make up for selling the parts at a lower price. They are a total pain in the ass to deal with in my experience, and I would not recommend them to anyone. You might save a few bucks, sure, but if you have a problem then you better enjoy trading emails like the smartass one you already got. No way to contact them by phone... that should tell you something. Good luck... and thanks for all your insight here too by the way.

Chris
Old 04-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3 Tiger
There is shipping... trust me. It's also quite a bit higher than it should be, but that's how they make up for selling the parts at a lower price. They are a total pain in the ass to deal with in my experience, and I would not recommend them to anyone. You might save a few bucks, sure, but if you have a problem then you better enjoy trading emails like the smartass one you already got. No way to contact them by phone... that should tell you something. Good luck... and thanks for all your insight here too by the way.

Chris

Cool..another satisfied customer... Thanks for the heads up.. Mabe I'll just give my money to my GM HUMMER Dealer.. He did give me some excellent prices on some other things.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road

I have purchased a couple of accessories from gm parts direct, and yes on most items there is only a 9.95 handling fee. I didn't have any problems with their service, and everything showed up when it was supposed to.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron

Old 04-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

My dealer price matched them on the UCP... Paid tax instead of shipping costs... Said they'd do it on the rockers too, but they'd have to order them in.. Of course at first when I asked about them, they told me GM didn' offer rockers for the H3 like come stock on the H2... D'Oh...!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, rock rails, just used the GM baptised name.

I have dealt with GM Parts Direct before, and on some items, their shipping is ridiculous. Whereas most places take into consideration the quantity and lower the shipping price, GM parts direct, puts a shipping price on each part, and that adds up with the order. (Example, purchased four calipers from a Montana dealer for a Vette. The price of shipping was 10 bucks each, but only 15 for the entire order of four. When priced on GM parts direct, they added the 10 bucks for each caliper; thus the shipping was 40 bucks. That is why the Montana dealer got the order.)

However, on these GM accessories they do not carry in stock, I'm assuming they are adding a $9.95 handling fee, and ordering via GM accessories which drop ships the package at my house. If GM parts direct order the GM accessory, the price from GM includes shipping. So it appears in this case, ordering these parts from GM Parts direct might save some pretty good money.

Their price for the rails is $470.92, for the undercarriage protection it is $289.10 and all they show is a $9.95 processing and handling fee. I wrote them and their first reply was worthless, but I addressed their first reply and surprisingly, I received a decent reply. In the second reply, they implied that the shipping was part of the order from GM, and the cost I saw, was what I would pay.

I priced rocky road rails and they were $472.86 shipped, and then from H2Parts the undercarriage was $426.20 shipped.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

aslw is on a distinguished road

My dealer has been really good about matching gmpartsdirect.com prices. great dealer....even installed for free. Ask your dealer's parts desk if they will match the price....maybe even beat it?