H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-30-2005, 12:18 AM

Testtube302 is off the scale

Well today i found a great deal on a H2 After test driving several i have fallen in love with them. I currently drive a Dodge Ram 1500 With a Hemi. Which Dosent look good When you work for GM So i guess its time To take the plunge Even though i have worked for GM for some time I have never purchased a GM veh before. Iam hoping since iam buying what GM consideres the premium Brand veh. That it will turn out alright. Ive Done my research Checked the warrenty History and only had one repair 05/24/05 RPO Code B5450 which i believe is the shock or latch that keeps the back door open From what i can tell this is normal for large vehicles.

The Hummer is a 2003 Silver/Pewter With 30,000 miles on it with no visible scratches. I have found out that its had one owner And it was registered by a lady (Hopefully this means it was used crusing around the malls) But you never know :P They are asking 37,900 the warrenty end date on the veh is 10-22-06 However only have 6k miles on it So ill deffinatly run out by milage. Apparently this veh. Has never had a recall or special policy issued on it It has the chrome Brush guard Off road lights No sunroof/Navigation

I guess thats enough about the truck. Do you guys have any comments or suggestions? Would you consider this a fair price? Iam going to do a bit more research as this is a large purchase for me. And the place iam purchasing it from is willing to have a independant Technician take a look at the vehicle.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:18 AM

Testtube302 is off the scale

Well today i found a great deal on a H2 After test driving several i have fallen in love with them. I currently drive a Dodge Ram 1500 With a Hemi. Which Dosent look good When you work for GM So i guess its time To take the plunge Even though i have worked for GM for some time I have never purchased a GM veh before. Iam hoping since iam buying what GM consideres the premium Brand veh. That it will turn out alright. Ive Done my research Checked the warrenty History and only had one repair 05/24/05 RPO Code B5450 which i believe is the shock or latch that keeps the back door open From what i can tell this is normal for large vehicles.

The Hummer is a 2003 Silver/Pewter With 30,000 miles on it with no visible scratches. I have found out that its had one owner And it was registered by a lady (Hopefully this means it was used crusing around the malls) But you never know :P They are asking 37,900 the warrenty end date on the veh is 10-22-06 However only have 6k miles on it So ill deffinatly run out by milage. Apparently this veh. Has never had a recall or special policy issued on it It has the chrome Brush guard Off road lights No sunroof/Navigation

I guess thats enough about the truck. Do you guys have any comments or suggestions? Would you consider this a fair price? Iam going to do a bit more research as this is a large purchase for me. And the place iam purchasing it from is willing to have a independant Technician take a look at the vehicle.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:48 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

You will love the Htizzle!

Old 08-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Banned

Frenzy is off the scale

Go for it bro ! I also drive a 1500 Dodge Ram (model 2000 http://www.dtwtrucks.com/Frenzy for pics), and I'm gonna order a pewter H2 for delivery April 2006. I drove one some time ago and the H2 is GREAT !!!

Filip
Belgium (Europe)
Old 08-31-2005, 01:29 AM

HummerGuzzler is off the scale

good luck paying the gas price... its too bad that so many people hate such a pitful waste of resources...your gonna be the laughing stock of your neighborhood
Old 08-31-2005, 04:58 AM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerGuzzler:
your gonna be the laughing stock of your neighborhood </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny....I am afraid to admit that a visitor came to my house today, and said something very similar. Let me do my best to recite what was said. Remember I'm old and feeble can can't remember things very well.

It went something like this....

Wow. That is a beautiful rig. Very nice.

Thanks, I'm putting on this awesome roof rack I just ordered.

That is really nice looking. It barely fits in your garage huh? I've never seen inside one of these. Wow. It's very nice inside. Leather huh? Sweet. I would love to be able to afford something like this. That sure is nice.

Two days prior a painting contractor saw my H2 in the garage (the other cars sit in the driveway!!) and said. "Wow, that is a beautiful truck...."

I said it's pretty obnoxious huh?

He replied nah, it's beautiful.

Guy up the road has a new 05 yellow SUT. I'm sure the neighbors that laugh @ him, laugh @ me too.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:58 AM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MUH_HUM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerGuzzler:

Funny....I am afraid to admit that a visitor came to my house today, and said something very similar. Let me do my best to recite what was said. Remember I'm old and feeble can't remember things very well.

It went something like this....

Wow. That is a beautiful rig. Very nice.

Thanks, I'm putting on this awesome roof rack I just ordered.

That is really nice looking. It barely fits in your garage huh? I've never seen inside one of these. Wow. It's very nice inside. Leather huh? Sweet. I would love to be able to afford something like this. That sure is nice.

Two days prior a painting contractor saw my H2 in the garage (the other cars sit in the driveway!!) and said. "Wow, that is a beautiful truck...."

I said it's pretty obnoxious huh?

He replied nah, it's beautiful.

Guy up the road has a new 05 yellow SUT. I'm sure the neighbors that laugh @ him, laugh @ me too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-31-2005, 05:01 AM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Testtube302:
Do you guys have any comments or suggestions? Would you consider this a fair price? Iam going to do a bit more research as this is a large purchase for me. And the place iam purchasing it from is willing to have a independant Technician take a look at the vehicle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems like a reasonable price and if you're gonna have it checked out (not a bad idea REGARDLESS of the vehicle) then go for it.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:40 AM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

If I had my money back, I'd buy my H2 faster than I did the first time. Everyone I know gets a huge charge out of riding in it.

Good luck and good wheeling,

George SSSS
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 08-31-2005, 11:06 AM
Banned

Frenzy is off the scale

Hummerguzzler : "the laughing stock of the neighbourhood " ?????? Heck, I'd love to be the laughing stock of the neighbourhood with my H2 !!!!
Dumb ass hummer hater !! !Get a life bro !!!

Filip
Belgium (future h2 owner)
Old 08-31-2005, 12:48 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

Don't worry about teh scratches.

We'll help you get them properly installed. Just go wheeling with us and leave the magnetic side shields at home.

BTW on this same wheeling trip we can also *modify* your undercarriage...

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 08-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

I think the price is way to cheap...you should offer a much higher price and encourage anyone you encounter to do the same--pay more for used H2s. Im sure people will thank you for increasing the already great resale of our trucks.

If you find it to be a fair price after doing research(checking local ads, dealerships, privatge sellers, nada,kbb, edmunds, etc.) i say go for it. I have only had my H2 for a few months but it still feels like its the first time i drive it everytime. Theres something about looking out in a parking lot and seeing a H2 that you are about to get in and drive off. It still makes me giggle every once in a while.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 09-01-2005, 04:52 AM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

I'll be damned if it didn't happen again today. Yes I was the laughing stock of my neighborhood.

Standing in line @ Starbucks getting one of those frappacino things when the guy in front of me is waiting on his drink, keeps looking @ my Hummer. He has this quirky grin on his face and says "Is that yours?"

I reply, "Yes, pretty obnoxious isn't it?" which has become my standard line, to see how folks respond. I am not so arrogant to expect EVERYONE to love my bright yellow H2. Anyhow....

He says. "It's really neat. I've been thinking about getting one."

I said: "You should. They drive nice, are really comfy and climb like a goat even if gas is @ three dollars a gallon."

I tell him a little about my business and line of work and we chat some more, and then I go on my way, and he wishes me good luck with my business.

Mind you, I don't drive my hummer a lot. I use it more as a personal treat, since I have a daily driver and a fuel economic vehicle. However, when I do, I get some pretty amazing looks and stares.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Hummer Professional

Sportsdude is off the scale

Sounds like a pretty good deal. I had thought of buying a used H2 also but after thinking back of all of the horror experiences I had with used cars, I went and bought a new one instead. I have bad luck with used cars for some reason. I can't seem to get a good one. The last one I had, the engine blew after a few days of driving.

[Hummer Guzzler]I won't be using my H2 as a daily driving vehicle. Just currious why are you in this forum if you are not a Hummer owner/to be owner?
Old 09-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

HeimenHummer is off the scale

good luck paying the gas price... its too bad that so many people hate such a pitful waste of resources...your gonna be the laughing stock of your neighborhood </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, unlike the "HOOD" you probably live in, my neighbors are succesful people who roll with the times. Using a my H2 as a daily driver tells them I'm doing well in life and they are happy to be around that. Nothing worst than complaining trailer trash living next door.

I enjoy filling up when the gas is high and people looking at me with hate. Because like the price of gas, it doesn't bother me.