H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

AK47 is on a distinguished road
Default new bits upgrade

Hi Guys look i a in the proccess of upgradeing all on this H2 its done only 36k so not much milage anyway would like some input

1 have upgraded the cooling system new trans cooler
2 new tie rods pitman idler arms
3 new shocks bilstein
4 new rims and tires
5 new rotors and pads
6 all new chrome
7 new roof bar lights
8, full service on oil and trans cleaned out and filters
9 new decals on outside on paint job

now i was looking at pipes
what would you guys say is the bettter of the two borla or magna flow i was looking at the pipe on each side odel

also i was looking at changing all brake lines to the goodrich stainlees
does this help

also was think about changing diff plate and trans pan ,,i see some advertised giving extra capacity to keep fluids cooler however i could be wrong but on the trans pqan i thought the filter needed to go ie reach bottom ?

Also i was told to if i could get hold of a full trans to keep in storage as the 2005 is better than the 2003/4 ?

now i bought a big pair of 12v truck horns as the H2 horn sounds like a mini coming round the corner ,,can someone show me where the best mount would be these are all elec not air

cheers

www.euroco-corp.com

http://www.hummertruckworld.com/EUROCO/

Old 02-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale
Default Re: new bits upgrade

Brother H2 Fanatic I could take you from A to Z in a PM and give you answers or suggestions from 4 3/4 years of customizing and upgrading my H2 along with Dragon helping. I would not want to go to such length on the forum as that is who TAZ is anyway and I'm trying not to do that long winded stuff.

I will fail because if it is a topic I feel strong about, then whops.

So PM me with a laundry list and I will share my success as well as failures on the H2 plus I do not know how many other vehicles I have altered. H2s to Tiburons.

Now for pipes nothing but, 2 Flowmaster Super 40's for sound with a full set of Dynatech stainless steel long tube headers to gain lowend torque. Next using an x conection or crossover connect to balance the pressure, then 2 Super 40 Flowmaster mufflers for smooth cruise sound yet I have blown you away sound as you have must now most likely figured that out as you get this sound only after I have romped on it and this gut wrenching note is heard only after you have been embarressed, well with my big boost supercharged etc. personally tuned using HPTuners.com software program. Next go with twin true dual tailpipes 2 1/2" each out back off mufflers and over the axle tucked right up where the factory tailpipe sat out of the way of rocks and other off-road obsticales. You should add to the long tube headers a stainless steel set of Dynatech high flow catbacks with pair of 3" pipes to tuck up out of the way flowing from catbacks into the 2 Super 40 Flowmasters mufflers.

Well you end up acclomplising many things all at once. Then you do not have to learn it all on your own wasting money then reading in a magazine that there is a better way of getting to where you wanted to be on the money I kept throwing away because it just did not sound right or man I found out I could have improved my lowend torque so I could have run bigger tires.

Anyway I will honestly try and help and if I have not crossed that bridge yet I will say so or try and figure it out to help. Most times I may have wasted some money and learned something at my own expensive already. I enjoy helping if I can no ego stuff here. It's a free world so far use advice or ignore it someone has most likely figured out somethnig better, maybe it's you for sure no joke but, know one will know unless you step up and share it with the forum.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges