H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-17-2006, 02:02 PM

Billy Ray is off the scale

I've been away from the forum for a while--damn that work--but what's the story with the photos the Sewell Hummer guys used to post of the Sewell modified rigs? Why no new photos? Did Sewell stop modifying?

BR
Old 01-17-2006, 02:02 PM

I've been away from the forum for a while--damn that work--but what's the story with the photos the Sewell Hummer guys used to post of the Sewell modified rigs? Why no new photos? Did Sewell stop modifying?

BR
Old 01-17-2006, 02:08 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

Uh-OH!

Everybody duck!

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 01-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shipbldr:
Everybody duck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

"Incoming!"
Old 01-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

Is it safe to come out of the bunker yet?
Old 01-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

Some people on this board had a problem with us posting our custom trucks on this board without being paying advertisers. I personally do not consider it to be advertising, since I'm not trying to sell these Hummers to you folks (I just thought people would like to see what some people are doing to Hummers), but I do respect the opinion of those who do. We have two very unique custom Hummers (an H2 and an H3) coming very soon, one being my avatar. For the here and now, however, to prevent some people from losing sleep and suffering an apparently lower quality of life due to the fact that I'm posting pictures of custom trucks that are for sale, even though I've never once sold a custom truck to anyone on this board nor have I even gotten one inquiry, I've stopped for now.

I guess if anyone wants to see them, PM me or something.

Fire away.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets just say they were "encouraged" to stop that practice as it was akin to free advertising. Not cool. They were "encouraged" to talk with Jason, the site owner, to set up paid advertising.

Thats it in a nutshell.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

For the record, first email response from Jason was this week.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:14 PM

Wow. Sorry to hear that. I really liked seeing the Sewell custom jobs. Maybe you could add a section for them to the Sewell website?

BR
Old 01-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

from what i know and read the main issue here is we are all guest to this site. with that said being a guest automatically implies that you are one of the following....i would classify most here as #1 or #2. my best guess would be to put you as #3 but leaning more towards #6.....

1)One who is a recipient of hospitality at the home or table of another.
2)One to whom entertainment or hospitality has been extended by another in the role of host or hostess, as at a party.
3)One who pays for meals or accommodations at a restaurant, hotel, or other establishment; a patron.
4)A distinguished visitor to whom the hospitality of an institution, city, or government is extended.
5)A visiting performer, speaker, or contestant, as on a radio or television program.
Zoology.
6)A commensal organism, especially an insect that lives in the nest or burrow of another species.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aggiehummer...er:
Some people on this board had a problem with us posting our custom trucks on this board without being paying advertisers. I personally do not consider it to be advertising, since I'm not trying to sell these Hummers to you folks (I just thought people would like to see what some people are doing to Hummers), but I do respect the opinion of those who do. We have two very unique custom Hummers (an H2 and an H3) coming very soon, one being my avatar. For the here and now, however, to prevent some people from losing sleep and suffering an apparently lower quality of life due to the fact that I'm posting pictures of custom trucks that are for sale, even though I've never once sold a custom truck to anyone on this board nor have I even gotten one inquiry, I've stopped for now.

I guess if anyone wants to see them, PM me or something.

Fire away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 01-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

Yup..still trying to run things up the corporate ladder. Until then, its not worth the grief of others on the board to post our customs.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 01-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Billy Ray:
Wow. Sorry to hear that. I really liked seeing the Sewell custom jobs. Maybe you could add a section for them to the Sewell website?

BR </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SewellCustoms.com will be up and running by summertime.

Old 01-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Hummer Authority

By then we'll probably be paying members, so yea, we will. If we're not, we won't.

Old 01-17-2006, 03:42 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer Guy:
SewellCustoms.com will be up and running by summertime. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And I’m sure your will be here posting links to it the moment it goes live </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I certainly hope they do.

BR
Old 01-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer Guy:
Yup..still trying to run things up the corporate ladder. Until then, its not worth the grief of others on the board to post our customs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys were just sent a new email with all of the advertising/sponsorship rates. Guess you balked again.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Billy Ray:

BR </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they could pay to advertise.