H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-12-2002, 06:21 PM

Rickster is off the scale

Was just at my local dealer today and they are holding firm at MSRP. They have several in stock with more coming in shortly..

Any dealers discounting yet??
Old 12-12-2002, 06:21 PM

Was just at my local dealer today and they are holding firm at MSRP. They have several in stock with more coming in shortly..

Any dealers discounting yet??
Old 12-12-2002, 07:19 PM

sheag is off the scale

I had one dealer offer me below MSRP, but it was on one I didn't want, plus I was playing two dealers off of each other. I just bought my H2 a couple of days ago and paid MSRP. To my knowledge the vast majority of dealers are still only offering MSRP and some people are still having to pay a markup if they want to get a specific one off the lot. The second sticker on my H2 had a $5995 'market adjustment fee' added onto MSRP. No way I was paying that. As I suspected, that was taken off the table immediately in bargaining.

Oh, I did have to pay that stupid bogus dealer advertising and dealer prep fee. $540. And a $700 "destination" fee. I was really ready to buy, though, and I just snorted and shook my head and paid for it even though I probably shouldn't have.

Shea
Old 12-12-2002, 08:08 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Snorted and shook your head??? My horse does that when he's not happy too.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 12-12-2002, 08:20 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

Quarter Horse? Tennessee Walker? I've ridden both, along with gaited horses...it's been YEARS though, and I'd love to have the chance to do it again.

Kelley
Old 12-13-2002, 11:31 AM

Neal Bardens is off the scale

I paid MSRP for the truck, but the dealer gave a deep discount on all accessories that were added at time of sale. No doc fees, no prep fees, or any other fees. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2002, 11:34 AM

KAC is off the scale

MSRP here, including on all accessories. I was happy to not pay a premium and to get in before the Nov 1 price increase.

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series
Old 12-13-2002, 03:16 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

I haven't seen or heard of anyone getting an H2 for less an MSRP. I had to fight with my dealer to get it at that price.

I can't imagine anyone getting for less, but I suppose it is possible.

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwww
Old 12-13-2002, 08:15 PM

KAC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KAC:
MSRP here, including on all accessories. I was happy to not pay a premium and to get in before the Nov 1 price increase.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgot to mention - I got free tail light guards.

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series
Old 12-14-2002, 12:31 AM

Neal Bardens is off the scale

I don't know about the easr coast and the west coast, but here in the midwest they are starting to pile up on the dealers lots. I was at the dealer tonight and they have seven in stock and are expecting that to double over the next two weeks. Our economy is weak because of the steel mills going bankrupt.
Old 12-14-2002, 12:45 AM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

I bought mine first, and waited a MONTH for it in California...My sister bought hers in the midwest and was able to get it in just under two weeks.

There are prices to pay for living in paradise, I guess... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2002, 01:03 AM

Tiger Bait is off the scale

Depending upon options they sit from 1 day to no more than 7 days according to the dealer. Not nearly as many presold as when I got mine a month ago. They have two white ones that have been on the lot since Monday. They got a black one that only sat for a day and a yellow one arrived this morning.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:01 PM

Peyton77 is off the scale

At my local dealer the other day they must have had 10+ out front and I could see 5 or more in the back. Most of the ones on display had sold stickers on them, but I am almost sure they are starting to pile up, and prices will begin to fall. (Recent TV and Radio adds for the H2 are popping up all over)

Peyton

WWW.LANDMARKBANKONLINE.COM

WWW.GIANTBANK.COM

Old 12-24-2002, 11:28 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I had been stalking my local dealer for a few months before I went in and ordered the SUT. There were/are never more that 3 or 4 H2s in stock, and most times they were all SOLD. In the past month I have seen a couple with the sticker still on them, but going back a week or so later they're gone. They don't even have one in the showroom. If you want to see an H2, you have to drive around back into the "storage area". So it seems they get a few in at a time and they go very quickly.

I was there the other nite with my buddy. One was left unlocked & we sat in it for about a half hour [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

- Dan
Old 12-25-2002, 05:45 AM

Patrick is off the scale

I actually paid $300 below MSRP. I purchased it from Weil Hummer in Chicago. The H2 was fully loaded; sticker price was 56,435. I paid 56,135. It's not much of a difference but it made me feel a little better. The only fee was a doc fee of $51. no destination fee. They had about 12 in stock. Several dealers have mentioned that until a few weeks ago they didn't have any on the lots. The dealership in Milwaukee has about 100 in stock! I forget the name but you can go the official hummer site and look up the dealer. Then look at the inventory at that dealers website. You must page ahead to the next page. I was very lucky. I didn't start looking for another vehicle until about a month ago. I wasn't serious until about two weeks ago. I drove to the dealer to see the colors and options. As I stood there they were unloading a H2 exactly the way I wanted it. I could hardly test drive it there was so much wrapping still on the truck. I put down a deposit and picked it up 4 days later (last friday). The rest is history.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:13 PM

SOCAL XMER is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PATRICK:
I actually paid $300 below MSRP. I purchased it from Weil Hummer in Chicago. The H2 was fully loaded; sticker price was 56,435. I paid 56,135. It's not much of a difference but it made me feel a little better. The only fee was a doc fee of $51. no destination fee. They had about 12 in stock. Several dealers have mentioned that until a few weeks ago they didn't have any on the lots. The dealership in Milwaukee has about 100 in stock! I forget the name but you can go the official hummer site and look up the dealer. Then look at the inventory at that dealers website. You must page ahead to the next page. I was very lucky. I didn't start looking for another vehicle until about a month ago. I wasn't serious until about two weeks ago. I drove to the dealer to see the colors and options. As I stood there they were unloading a H2 exactly the way I wanted it. I could hardly test drive it there was so much wrapping still on the truck. I put down a deposit and picked it up 4 days later (last friday). The rest is history.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow that's good, here in SOCAL a fully loaded H2 goes for about $80,000 way over priced!

future H2 owner
Old 12-25-2002, 11:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2 TOIE is off the scale

I don't know where you are shopping but everywhere i checked it was msrp

Dan
Old 12-26-2002, 12:10 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

They must just be loading them full of dealer installed options to get the price up there to $80K...
Old 12-26-2002, 11:31 AM

I don't think you can get up to high $50K even if you ordered every option..
Old 12-26-2002, 02:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

Doug is off the scale

I'm confused! Does anyone know the true up to date MSRP. I was # 19 on the list and took delivery back on Aug 1st. MSRP was 48,900 plus the dealer adjustment of 5k. At the time I just wanted one so price didn't matter. But it does make you think for the next time.