H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-18-2002, 11:58 PM

Pizza Man is off the scale

What did you pay for it
Seems this is the number one question I get from strangers. Part of me feels great to say 55k, yet part of me finds it rude. You don't just ask people (strangers) what they paid for there car....or DO YOU?
Old 12-18-2002, 11:58 PM

What did you pay for it
Seems this is the number one question I get from strangers. Part of me feels great to say 55k, yet part of me finds it rude. You don't just ask people (strangers) what they paid for there car....or DO YOU?
Old 12-19-2002, 12:18 AM

OUSUCKS is off the scale

I get asked the same thing all the time...I mean complete strangers walk up in parking lots and ask this. It pisses me off but I usually say 55. If they really want to know, it takes about 2 seconds to find out on the internet.
Old 12-19-2002, 12:28 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Same thing when you drive the S500 or the Ferrari or other similiar cars. People want to know.

Its cool, its all good. I'm truthful with them.

I also think most of the time they could care less. It is more than people can or are willing to pay for a vehicle. I think its just a really easy way and most acceptable way to start a conversation with you about the vehicle.

my 2 cents. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 12-19-2002, 01:31 AM

sheag is off the scale

I don't mind either, usually people think I spent a lot more. I paid 60K including about 5K in after-market upgrades, and I tell them that and I also quickly point out that it was cheaper than the Escalade. I'm temporarily am here in Seattle where every third car is one of those Lexus SUVs which I think are as expensive if not more.

Shea
Old 12-19-2002, 04:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

cognitive is off the scale

I don't like the cost questions at all. I know that most people are simply excited and don't know what else to say but I hate having to answer. I always feel like I'm saying "More than you could ever afford" when in reality I don't believe the H2 is such an excessively priced vehicle when compared to exotics. I want a better response that does not include the actual price like maybe "Much less than you think" or "Less than a Boxster"... well ok, that's not necessarily true but I need something to say that doesn't make me sound condescending.

Anyway, I have an a## [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] face so usually people don't ask me questions. Ok, just kidding.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:56 PM

TS is off the scale

I've had people ask me how much I paid for it on several past vehicles. I get embarassed when asked the price, the payments are more than a lot of people pay for rent. My personal take is that they like it and want to know more about it. I am truthful about the price and keep my response clinical so as not to hurt their egos.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:17 PM

SJ is off the scale

I'm a bit shocked when people ask the price, as I would never ask some one the price of their vehicle (or any other worldly possession for that matter). I suppose it's about how you're raised and the way you approach material matters.

I've had two people ask THE question and although I'm tempted to refer them to the Internet, I usually just say $60K after taxes.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 12-19-2002, 06:19 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Well, here is a response that I have used when asked the cost: "about $8.50 a pound."

In $$ per pound it's pretty comparable and cheaper than a lot of vehicles. Hehe!

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 12-19-2002, 06:40 PM

Tiger Bait is off the scale

Good response Texas Red, I'll use it.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:10 AM

Kinda reminds me of when someone asked about gas mileage and I said "it gets about 3 telephone poles to the gallon." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2002, 03:27 AM

Li\'l Davis H2 is off the scale

I was at the hardware store a while back and my wife and 2 year old stayed in the H2. As I walked back to the car I noticed an elderly lady walking around and around the car, when I opened the door and she realized it was my car she said in thick possibly eastern European accent " How much cost this?, Is very expensive yes?" Now I normally don't mind letting people know how much if they ask nicely but this woman was being very rude so I said "I have no idea, my wife and I entered a square dancing contest and this was the grand prize". She looked very confused as we drove away, my wife and daughter said she had been peering in the windows at them for about 5 minutes before I came out. She even stood up on the tube steps to get a better look.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:26 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I had a grandma type lady asked me that a couple weeks ago, I was respectful and I told her $60K. I don't mind any of the questions from strangers from all walks of life, I think they are all good intentioned, I smile and laugh with them, but keep it cordial and brief. Maybe I am just too simple-minded happy go-lucky always postive nice guy type, the sun shines where I go, even in the rain; my attitude determines the outcome in many of these encounters, and in a small way, every encounter is a tiny sparkle in life.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:56 AM

bklynh2srock is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
Maybe I am just too simple-minded happy go-lucky always postive nice guy type, the sun shines where I go, even in the rain; my attitude determines the outcome in many of these encounters, and in a small way, every encounter is a tiny sparkle in life.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

. . . the birds were chirping in the sky, the bunnies were hop, hop, hopping away, and all was right with the world. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
but she knows what she knows.
Give that girl wings and that\'s all she wrote.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:23 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping in Brooklyn, rain romantically pouring down on my head, my pool is overflowing with joy, the lawn is saturated with love, DOW is up 500 points, no line at Two Towers, I have a $5 lotto ticket in my pocket, a Hummer in my garage, and IRS gives me $24000 depreciation. How much better can it get?
Old 12-21-2002, 01:38 AM

bklynh2srock is off the scale

Sorry to ruin the picture, MAC, but even in our quaint little section of Brooklyn, we only have squirrels, no bunnies. Maybe in CA, but alas, not here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I'll have to leave the bunnies for you.

Lest I get flogged for going off topic, no one has asked us directly how much it cost. They've beat around the bush. So far, lots of heads turning, not many questions.
but she knows what she knows.
Give that girl wings and that\'s all she wrote.
Old 12-21-2002, 02:14 AM

JJ is off the scale

we don't have bunnies either, however we have the famed and feared "jackalope"

JJ
Old 12-21-2002, 06:30 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Another way to look at it is: There is no rabbit in Brooklyn, nasty storm is dumping heavy rain in California, the pool is overflowing and the lawn is saturated with water, DOW is down, line is long at the Lord of the Rings, there is no way I will win the lotto, my Hummer is waiting for bumper parts and IRS will audit me if I claim $24K depreciation.

Attitude. Not always, but often my own attitude determines the weather in this tiny little bubble of my universe.
Old 12-21-2002, 06:59 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I like it! MAC's mind is like an E-ticket ride and I'm ready to take that trip!!!

Do you do birthdays and weddings too???