H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Elcova Newbie

Central Florida Hummer is off the scale

The navigation system on the H2 is an incredibly lame piece of junk! The Bose unit has only ONE CD/DVD capability. Basically, you CAN'T navigate if you listen to a CD. What a bunch of bull$hit. My wifes Lexus has had that capability for over 4 years now. Hummer doesn't even offer an option for a multi-disc CD/DVD player - your stuck with the junk they provide. Worthless.....
Old 02-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Elcova Newbie

Central Florida Hummer is off the scale

The navigation system on the H2 is an incredibly lame piece of junk! The Bose unit has only ONE CD/DVD capability. Basically, you CAN'T navigate if you listen to a CD. What a bunch of bull$hit. My wifes Lexus has had that capability for over 4 years now. Hummer doesn't even offer an option for a multi-disc CD/DVD player - your stuck with the junk they provide. Worthless.....
Old 02-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Hummer Professional

alldunn is off the scale

Thanks for sharing...
Old 02-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

McHummer is off the scale

Since they didn't offer NAV in 2003 we put in the Pioneer in dash NAV system and we love it. You can play only one CD while driving. It doesn't have a multi changer. BUT we said goodbye to CDs forever since we got the iPod and XM enable features. Now that is some awesome stuff. I highly recommend it.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Funny, I know of several H2s that have the stock navigation in them and also have cd changers, but if you just want to bitch....
Old 02-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Your first post:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Posted 10-14-05 01:07 PM
I've had pretty good response to my hummer except one very strange incident where this guy in a toyota corolla purposely turns left directly in front of me and very slowly clears the road and flips ME the finger. I just smilled back at him as I barreled down on him at 50 miles an hour - and I never flinched! Some people have a death wish I guess..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your second post.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Central Florida Hummer:
The navigation system on the H2 is an incredibly lame piece of junk! The Bose unit has only ONE CD/DVD capability. Basically, you CAN'T navigate if you listen to a CD. What a bunch of bull$hit. My wifes Lexus has had that capability for over 4 years now. Hummer doesn't even offer an option for a multi-disc CD/DVD player - your stuck with the junk they provide. Worthless..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Why don't you get rid of it.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear you don't know how to order the correct GM RPOs for your H2. Here's U1S:
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Hummer Professional

working Hummer is off the scale

Boy, I think you should just sell your H2
Old 02-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Central Florida Hummer:
The navigation system on the H2 is an incredibly lame piece of junk! The Bose unit has only ONE CD/DVD capability. Basically, you CAN'T navigate if you listen to a CD. What a bunch of bull$hit. My wifes Lexus has had that capability for over 4 years now. Hummer doesn't even offer an option for a multi-disc CD/DVD player - your stuck with the junk they provide. Worthless..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:
Sorry to hear you don't know how to order the correct GM RPOs for your H2. Here's U1S: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Klaus, that's cool. Where'd you put the onstar? Is that a GM model nav system or aftermarket? Sorry I don't know what RPO's are.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:39 AM
Banned

That's actually a picture of MY nav unit. And yes it's a GM stock one from a 2004 retro'd into our 2003s

I didn't do the CD changer though, I have an MP3 player dedicated to the truck. Much better having 20GB of songs over around 3GB in CDs
Old 02-02-2006, 03:43 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
That's actually a picture of MY nav unit. And yes it's a GM stock one from a 2004 retro'd into our 2003s

I didn't do the CD changer though, I have an MP3 player dedicated to the truck. Much better having 20GB of songs over around 3GB in CDs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Can you hook an MP3 player to a stock 05? My 05 Nav/CD player doesn't play the CD's that I burn on my computer. It plays for a while then starts to skip.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:46 AM
Banned

Yep, IPOD is prolly the easiest. There are interfaces.

Search IPOD on here and you'll see a bunch of posts on it.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:48 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Yep, IPOD is prolly the easiest. There are interfaces.

Search IPOD on here and you'll see a bunch of posts on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>K thanks.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

Get the GMIP-1 by a brand called Axxess. It's worked really well for all of my customers.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't do the CD changer though, I have an MP3 player dedicated to the truck. Much better having 20GB of songs over around 3GB in CDs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That NAV unit did travel! From a California Cadillac dealer to Georgia, then to Mississippi!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:
Sorry to hear you don't know how to order the correct GM RPOs for your H2. Here's U1S: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Klaus, that's cool. Where'd you put the onstar? Is that a GM model nav system or aftermarket? Sorry I don't know what RPO's are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I junked the OnStar... I never used it. The changer is a GM unit from a Cadillac Escalade or a GMC Denalli. RPO stands for Regular Production Order, which in english means GM order code number.

I agree that now the thing to do is install an iPod adapter and be done with it. Good adapters were not available at the time I did my install (I was on the bleeding edge). Eventually, I plan to install an iPod adapter and replace the CD Changer with a ham radio.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Hummer Professional

md_sailor is off the scale

Klaus helped me Retro a 05 TSN into mine and I LOVE it. I installed Factory XM with it and a Ipod adapter in place of the CD changer I added initally. I have no complaints about the system....the original post Kinda makes me think the newbie was gonna try to sell somthing.