H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Hello everyone,

Yes, its yet another poll from uniblack. I've got a lot of great feedback from my
I'm a die hard rock crawler. 5 16.13%
I live and work in a concrete world. 6 19.35%
I like traveling of the beaten path on occasion. 20 64.52%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2003, 11:13 PM

uniblack is off the scale

Hello everyone,

Yes, its yet another poll from uniblack. I've got a lot of great feedback from my other posts but, I'm having a difficult time determining where you all fit in with the H2 scene. All of you are obviously die hard H2 enthusiasts, thats a given. What I would like to know is how and where you use your H2s day in and day out. Are you an extreme rock crawler, a pavement cruiser, or a weekend adventurer? If you have any other input to this discussion please state it below.

Thanks,

[[uniblack]]
Old 10-27-2003, 11:13 PM

Hello everyone,

Yes, its yet another poll from uniblack. I've got a lot of great feedback from my other posts but, I'm having a difficult time determining where you all fit in with the H2 scene. All of you are obviously die hard H2 enthusiasts, thats a given. What I would like to know is how and where you use your H2s day in and day out. Are you an extreme rock crawler, a pavement cruiser, or a weekend adventurer? If you have any other input to this discussion please state it below.

Thanks,

[[uniblack]]
Old 10-27-2003, 11:18 PM

ZeroTolerance is off the scale

So you have told us that you work for GM, you will have to prove more for more info.. You can not just walk on here and say that you work for GM and expect info and response to polls.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:21 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Uni...everybody falls in between these catagories. The H2 can't rockcrawl very well on account of it's long wheelbase, low clearance and width...perhaps you just meant to say "hardcore off-roader"?

Perhaps try a these

1) Hardcore offroader - very aggressive
2) Frequent offroader - moderately aggressive
3) Occassional offroader - mild/moderate
4) Hummer Happening offroader
5) Bling bling
Old 10-27-2003, 11:52 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZeroTolerance:
So you have told us that you work for GM, you will have to prove more for more info.. You can not just walk on here and say that you work for GM and expect info and response to polls.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ZeroTolerance,

You seem to express a feeling of negativity toward me which is shared with a few of your other H2 Source forum goers. I could lie to all of you and claim to own an H2 myself but, I don't. I could claim that I work for a supplier and pose as a GM employee to get certain reactions but, yet again, I'm not. I'm hear because I recognize this site as a forum site where people discuss their feelings and opinions for the Hummer H2. I respect everyones opinion on this site. I'm trying to get an "inside" look at the world of H2 enthusiasts. So far, in the past two days, I have been helped greatly by the members of this forum. As I've stated before, for reasons of confidentiality, I can not and will not disclose information reguarding what function I serve for the General. I have a passion to learn and grow from everyones input here on the H2 Source forums. Hopefully in the future I will be able to be more open. Untill that time comes I will keep persuing information and insight into your world. If any of you would like to discuss things further, please feel free to contact me by posting a private topic. As a side note, I've begun contact with Jason on this very subject and hope to get his approval for my actions here.

Thanks,

[[uniblack]]
Old 10-27-2003, 11:55 PM

NCHummerman is off the scale

I work for GM too ....

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Old 10-27-2003, 11:56 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

I smell Troll poontang!

You gotta prove your credentials before you start BSing us for this info. I think you`re going to use this for some other reason.

Clear it through Jason first. If he says you`re legit, then fine. But for now.....

FORGET IT!

----------------------------------------------------------
"You have a tawyt body...yesh yesh....tawyt...lawyk a tawyger"
------------------------------------- Yohan Van Der Shmut

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-28-2003, 12:10 AM

unaslob is off the scale

who cares if the guy works for GM or not... what is the big deal.

I would describe myself as a mild/moderate offroader...like to get muddy, not rockcrawling.. with strong ties to "civic duties" meaning I drive around during winter snow storms in the most deplorable conditions possible, down the worst roads that plows get stuck on, and look for people who need help, and help them. it is part of the responsibility of owning a hummer. I keep a log of who I pulled out...situation, they way I pulled them out...ect...going to carry a camera this winter... hoping for a good winter blast!!!I think that the 'civic duty' aspect is the most important part of being a hummer owner, either h1 or h2... owning a hummer is a responsibility, not a privledge. una...
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 10-28-2003, 12:11 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by uniblack:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZeroTolerance:
So you have told us that you work for GM, you will have to prove more for more info.. You can not just walk on here and say that you work for GM and expect info and response to polls.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ZeroTolerance,

You seem to express a feeling of negativity toward me which is shared with a few of your other H2 Source forum goers. I could lie to all of you and claim to own an H2 myself but, I don't. I could claim that I work for a supplier and pose as a GM employee to get certain reactions but, yet again, I'm not. I'm hear because I recognize this site as a forum site where people discuss their feelings and opinions for the Hummer H2. I respect everyones opinion on this site. I'm trying to get an "inside" look at the world of H2 enthusiasts. So far, in the past two days, I have been helped greatly by the members of this forum. As I've stated before, for reasons of confidentiality, I can not and will not disclose information reguarding what function I serve for the General. I have a passion to learn and grow from everyones input here on the H2 Source forums. Hopefully in the future I will be able to be more open. Untill that time comes I will keep persuing information and insight into your world. If any of you would like to discuss things further, please feel free to contact me by posting a private topic. As a side note, I've begun contact with Jason on this very subject and hope to get his approval for my actions here.

Thanks,

[[uniblack]]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a total cop-out hiding behind "confidentiality" is.
If you're not going to verify with either Jason or SteveR the veracity of your claim then don't solicit any more information or opinions from this forum's members.
I still say you're full of ****.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:36 AM

ZeroTolerance is off the scale

Hey maybe it is moojiber. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 10-28-2003, 02:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

hognose is off the scale

I am a little confused by the push back on replying to these polls. My opinion about the quality, its use, the fun factor, etc, remains the same no matter the intentions of the person asking the question. I do not believe in hiding the negatives of something simply because someone is seeking them for negative(or positive) use. Just like I don't believe in blowing smoke up someones ass just because they expect only positive responses. If someone is willing to take the time to ask my opinion, they will get an honest answer, whether it is what they want to hear or not.

uni, whatever your motives, my answer to your poll would be the third option (I like traveling off the beaten path on occasion), however I think Steve R's suggestions are valid for increasing the accuracy of your poll. Based on his suggestions I would choose

Friend or foe, your intentions will not change the way my Cheerios taste in the morning.

Don't let the skepticism on the board sway you in your pursuit of owners impressions of their vehicles.

Chris
Old 10-28-2003, 11:23 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hognose:
I am a little confused by the push back on replying to these polls. My opinion about the quality, its use, the fun factor, etc, remains the same no matter the intentions of the person asking the question. I do not believe in hiding the negatives of something simply because someone is seeking them for negative(or positive) use. Just like I don't believe in blowing smoke up someones ass just because they expect only positive responses. If someone is willing to take the time to ask my opinion, they will get an honest answer, whether it is what they want to hear or not.

uni, whatever your motives, my answer to your poll would be the third option (I like traveling off the beaten path on occasion), however I think Steve R's suggestions are valid for increasing the accuracy of your poll. Based on his suggestions I would choose

Friend or foe, your intentions will not change the way my Cheerios taste in the morning.

Don't let the skepticism on the board sway you in your pursuit of owners impressions of their vehicles.

Chris<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hognose,

Thank you for your feedback and help. The skepticism is not going to sway me in any way. I'm trying to strive for the best. Its unfortunate that within three days I have made three enemies. On the flip side, I've made countless new friends and contacts.

I'm greatfull for that,

[[uniblack]]
Old 10-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

Stand down guys!! (What a group of watchdogs!)

I got to speak with Uniblack last night, he seems to be who he claims to be. I did get in touch with him initially through a phone number "owned" by GM. He was looking to do some additional market research on his own, as opposed to going through the processes and taking an incredible amount of time through GM.

If you feel like participating in his polls, please do so with some confidence that it will be used for good reason - however, it is obviously not mandatory to participate!

Regards,
Jason
Old 10-28-2003, 03:03 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Many people work for GM. My father was at Fisher Guide for 33 years. You know the little blue carriage that you would see on the door sills back in the 70's? That was Fisher Body (slightly different name).

Anyway, I get these professional GM letters frequently where they want me to either come down to a catered event with my current vehicle OR drive new vehicles to give them input. Maybe it's because I'm in California, I don't know but my point is that GM is huge and they would never have a guy jump into a forum and ask these questions that were probably answered about 5-6 years ago before they even decided to buy the Hummer name. Ok, so he works for GM, big deal. That doesn't mean anything. If GM found out he was using their name to gain info on a forum he would be out on the sidewalk. It's just not how GM works.

I don't really care about the questions. It's not a big deal to answer them but just don't think that some bigwig at GM is actually going to read your response because they're not. I think it's more likely that Steve would get some info to the top of Hummer mgmt. before this guy does.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:24 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

I agree with Steve. Rock crawling is a special class of off-roading which not many are likely to get involved with. True rock-crawlers are set apart by their expensive mods to stock vehicles.

I am not an avid off-roader, but have enjoyed a couple of Hummer Happening off-road events and look forward to more. IMHO the H2 must maintain the off-road capability even if only 10% of owners actually take advantage of it. The Hummer should not slowly evolve into just another SUV. Personally I think you ought to offer a rear Sunroof, rear swivle seat and .50 caliber mount.

Jim
Red H2
Old 10-28-2003, 10:58 PM

Detonate is off the scale

Hey Buckeye, ever heard "The best way to get the last word is to apologize."

A few of you should just put "I'm sorry." in your signature.

[This message was edited by Detonate on 10-28-03 at 05:09 PM.]
Old 10-29-2003, 12:33 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Detonate:
Hey Buckeye, ever heard "The best way to get the last word is to apologize."

A few of you should just put "I'm sorry." in your signature.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agreed with Buckeye. GM doesn't go about gathering info this way. I still think this guy is bogus.
What does Buckeye have to apologize about?
Old 10-29-2003, 12:43 AM

Detonate is off the scale

Maybe for jumping sombody ****, along with a complete lack of respect, just for posting a poll in a forum.

That's something only us non-pricks understand.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder
Old 10-29-2003, 02:03 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Detonate:
Maybe for jumping sombody ****, along with a complete lack of respect, just for posting a poll in a forum.

That's something only us http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=1726043161&m=629600046 4 understand.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
_Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You "non-pricks"? HAHA, good one.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:12 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Non-pricks.....Isn't that French for vaginas?

----------------------------------------------------------
"You have a tawyt body...yesh yesh....tawyt...lawyk a tawyger"
------------------------------------- Yohan Van Der Shmut

My Video Collectionez