H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

KJS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hummer site wont allow any combo with chrome wheels, adventure alone or even lux with off-road. Two local Dealers have told me some crazy reasons, anything from the chrome ones weigh to much to that they are a different size and wont fit the 33's b/c they are wider? I have yet to see an adventure or lux with off-road with them, so there has to be some true or meaningful reason, anyone know what it really is???
Old 02-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hummer site wont allow any combo with chrome wheels, adventure alone or even lux with off-road. Two local Dealers have told me some crazy reasons, anything from the chrome ones weigh to much to that they are a different size and wont fit the 33's b/c they are wider? I have yet to see an adventure or lux with off-road with them, so there has to be some true or meaningful reason, anyone know what it really is???
Old 02-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

The simple reason is that Hummer decided not to offer the Chrome wheels with any vehicle equipped with the ZM6 option (adventure). I currently have chrome factory wheels on my demo, which has the adventure package. They work fine.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:35 AM
Steve - SanJose

Check around at other (urban) dealers. The Silicon Valley dealer has lots of takeoff wheels (including chrome) wasting valuable storage space because of the large volume of custom wheels that they sell. In fact if a customer needs new tires, they can sell them new wheels and tires for equal or less money than the new tires alone.

S.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jackwins is off the scale

I wanted an H3 with Lux & Adv. package and chrome wheels. My dealer told me I they(GM) are not putting out any H3's with Adv. Pkg/chrome wheels. She did tell me I could get the H3 with Lux & Adv. pkg and buy a set of chrome wheels and they would put them on. So I did.

Its a Hummee you dummee,

Jack"always"wins
Old 02-19-2006, 06:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jackwins:
I wanted an H3 with Lux & Adv. package and chrome wheels. My dealer told me I they(GM) are not putting out any H3's with Adv. Pkg/chrome wheels. She did tell me I could get the H3 with Lux & Adv. pkg and buy a set of chrome wheels and they would put them on. So I did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2 questions for you please,..

- what did they charge you for the chrome wheels? you have to buy them outright or did they take back the silver ones too?

- are you able to post pictures of it with the chrome?

thanks
Old 02-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres 2 listings on ebay set of 4 with base tires under 1000.00

ebay 700+

ebay bin $999.00
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

I have been checking eBay for them, just wondering about the TPS? When they swap the tires will they also have to the TPS's? Or will the ones on the chrome wheels work the same and my truck read them? Are they something easy and just unbolt/unscrew from the rim or could the dealer break them and I be SOL?
Old 02-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

Phillyeagle is off the scale

Hi.
If serious offroading will be on your agenda, you may want to stay away from chrome wheels. The chroming process makes them more brittle under stress and they could fail where the non-chromed equivalents would not...Read that somewhere but do not remember where unfortunately....
Old 02-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jackwins is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KJS:

2 questions for you please,..

- what did they charge you for the chrome wheels? you have to buy them outright or did they take back the silver ones too?

- are you able to post pictures of it with the chrome?

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, they charged me for the wheels, but I got custom wheels. I paid $2k. I take pictures later this week.

Its a Hummee you dummee,

Jack"always"wins