H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-07-2005, 06:26 PM

connorgleason is off the scale

Well, I can't believe I gave in and got my fiance an H3. I just sold my military humvee (with a plate that read 'WUTZA H2') and I was VERY MUCH against the H3 initially. To my surprise I was actually quite impressed. GM really did a nice job, especially for this price range. The agility is awesome and the flexability is impressive. The ONLY thing that I don't like is that puny 3.5L.....why do it?? I have no idea! It definitely won't save much on gas. I would have much rather seen a V6 (like the ones you see in Nissan Xterras). About 40-50 more horses and 60-75 lb-ft of torque. Anyway, now to my question;

Does anyone know how to pull out the stock CD player? Also, I want to get rid of the double-DIN and run a single-DIN flip-out monitor. Anyone know of a company making these adapter plates?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

We've always said that all along.

"Why buy an H1 when you can have an H2 or H3 that does the exact same thing?"

Whenever I see an H1 I always laugh and think how sorry I feel for the poor sap that spent all that money and they still have a hard time following the H2. They look ridiculous driving around downtown parked in front of the Starbucks all spotless. They're also a nightmare to maintain and breakdown too often.

Smart move in getting an H3.

H1 = Blinged H2

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

RMST is off the scale

Dennis,
Even as an h3 owner I would have to say that reading your post made me cringe. You make some of the most ridiculous points that I have read on this site. Just a completely worthless post. Your post makes some of Dirty's posts sound insightful and intelligent.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Crisco is off the scale

Congrats on the H3 purchase.

I’ve been incredibly happy with my H3. Yes… I to would like to see a few more horses under the hood but it still does a nice job.

I replaced my head unit with an after market single DIN unit and used the Metra 99-3304 install kit. I have some detailed pictures/instructions of my install at http://www.rausite.com/hummerh3.htm.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisAJC:

Whenever I see an H1 I always laugh and think how sorry I feel for the poor sap that spent all that money and they still have a hard time following the H2. They look ridiculous driving around downtown parked in front of the Starbucks all spotless. They're also a nightmare to maintain and breakdown too often.

H1 = Blinged H2

I had to read this one over a few times. You are joking right?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by connorgleason:
Well, I can't believe I gave in and got my fiance an H3. I just sold my military humvee (with a plate that read 'WUTZA H2') and I was VERY MUCH against the H3 initially. To my surprise I was actually quite impressed. GM really did a nice job, especially for this price range. The agility is awesome and the flexability is impressive. The ONLY thing that I don't like is that puny 3.5L.....why do it?? I have no idea! It definitely won't save much on gas. I would have much rather seen a V6 (like the ones you see in Nissan Xterras). About 40-50 more horses and 60-75 lb-ft of torque. Anyway, now to my question;

Does anyone know how to pull out the stock CD player? Also, I want to get rid of the double-DIN and run a single-DIN flip-out monitor. Anyone know of a company making these adapter plates?

Any help is appreciated.

That's cool. How does he like it?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Hummer Messiah

YES I WAS JOKING.

Just a stab at some of the stupid comments I hear from H1 owners. Like having licence plates like "WUTZAH2" or "It's a Tahoe".

But like an Blinged H2, I see more spottless H1's in front of StarBucks driven my stickmen in suits.

Keep you panties on RMST. I've read your post and it's all whinning and no wheelin.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-07-2005, 08:25 PM

Vincent is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Damn! Is it happy hour already
Old 11-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

H1 = Blinged H2

Oh really?

95K and never left me stranded, on or off trail. It's all in the maintainence.

We'll see mo'fawker...we'll see!
Attached Images

1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 11-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by RMST:
Dennis,
Even as an h3 owner I would have to say that reading your post made me cringe. You make some of the most ridiculous points that I have read on this site. Just a completely worthless post. Your post makes some of Dirty's posts sound insightful and intelligent.

Say what, biznitch? Dennis made his reply in response to the noob's 1st post in which he just had to take a swipe at H2s by telling us about his *******-ish plate. How would you have felt if he'd made some turdish comment about the H3s? Or would you have even had the nads to speak up and let connor know how you felt? Until you've protected the Hummer name as fiercely as some of us have feel free to shut yer yap.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
YES I WAS JOKING.

Just a stab at some of the stupid comments I hear from H1 owners. Like having licence plates like "WUTZAH2" or "It's a Tahoe".

But like an Blinged H2, I see more spottless H1's in front of StarBucks driven my stickmen in suits.

Keep you panties on RMST. I've read your post and it's all whinning and no wheelin.

BISH!
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 11-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Hummer Messiah

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by GMPartsGuy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:

H1 = Blinged H2

Oh really?

We'll see mo'fawker...we'll see! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTF? were you tring to do here?
More importantly, When are going there to do this?
Old 11-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by Alec W:
While it’s clear Dennis was joking there is some truth in his statements.

H1s are more expensive to maintain and they do tend to breakdown more than H2s. I don’t have any hard facts but from talking to people and wheeling with H1s myself here is some truth there. GMPartsGuy is right it is about the maintenance; however I think he does more maintenance on his H1 than I do on my H2 and we run the same trails for the most part.

H2s and H1s keeping up with each other. The H1 has slightly better specs., but in my experience there is very few places you can get an H1 where you can’t get an H2.

It took the H1 boys 16 hours to run Poison/Golden/Gold Bar with 12 trucks and a professional guide and it took 9 hours to get 9 H2s trough the same trials with no guide (and no one in the group with prior experience on those trails). This anomaly was caused by mechanical failure from what I understand, but maybe we just drive faster Okay, I'll give you that (t/case and 2 axleshafts)

RMST, I read some of your posts and as other have commented you do whine like a little girl a lot.

Fissed!
Old 11-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

RMST is off the scale

Alec you are obviously a douche and Dirty is by any standards completely insane. How's that for whining? You guys are two examples of why there is an anti-hummer movement in the first place. Couple of big mouth hide in the forum punks.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMPartsGuy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:

H1 = Blinged H2

Oh really?

We'll see mo'fawker...we'll see! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTF? were you tring to do here?
More importantly, When are going there to do this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That (Devil's Backbone) is outside Farmington, NM. That is where I wanted to take you fawkers.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by Alec W:
I counted the ones I saw in the movie and eliminated Eric W after his nice H2 comment

ROFLMAO!