H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

First start by opening the truck and climbing into the passenger seat. Reach over to glove box and pull UP on handle, thus releasing the door.

This next step is VERY important. Remove the extra clutter in box so you can see and locate the owner's manual. Pull owner's manual up and out with a firm, swift motion.

To re-install the owner's manual, insert manual first, then reapply clutter to top of manual. SLAM glove box shut with a VERY FIRM, rapid swing of the arm. If this doesn't work, reposition clutter and SLAM again. Continue this process until door stays shut.

Exit truck.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Hummer Messiah

First start by opening the truck and climbing into the passenger seat. Reach over to glove box and pull UP on handle, thus releasing the door.

This next step is VERY important. Remove the extra clutter in box so you can see and locate the owner's manual. Pull owner's manual up and out with a firm, swift motion.

To re-install the owner's manual, insert manual first, then reapply clutter to top of manual. SLAM glove box shut with a VERY FIRM, rapid swing of the arm. If this doesn't work, reposition clutter and SLAM again. Continue this process until door stays shut.

Exit truck.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Hummer Expert

SteveRH is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this fix just for the H2, because I'd like to try it on my H3? If it's not compatible, I need to know. I don't want to break anything.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Hummer Messiah

Alec, if you were blonde I'd really have to tell you to "step away from the truck". But since you're just greying you can give thiws a try:

Push the little button on your remote key thingy that has the appearance of an opened lock. Now you must be careful with this because there's a very sensitive button called the "Panic" button that will make your alarm go off.

After trying this the door should open. If not, proceed to step two.

STEP TWO: Now this can be very tricky. Grasp the truck key by the PLASTIC end. Insert metal end into key hole on door next to the handle. Turn key. This should do it. If not, proceed to step three.

STEP THREE: Call Tim and ask him to get intouch with OnStar. Just make sure you're around when he does.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SteveRH:
Is this fix just for the H2, because I'd like to try it on my H3? If it's not compatible, I need to know. I don't want to break anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Steve, I'd love to help you on this very technical issue. However, since I'm not a qualified Supreme Hummer Lord, I'm afraid I can't offer you any help. However, I will do some serious research and let you know with a new thread in the H3 section.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:50 PM

rodster is off the scale

Have you considered rebooting the truck?
Old 12-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

With all that slamming, I'm pretty sure you'll need an alignment after. Perhaps you can confirm, tomp?
Old 12-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Banned

R2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
With all that slamming, I'm pretty sure you'll need an alignment after. Perhaps you can confirm, tomp? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes you prik it need a allignemante after this
Old 12-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomp :
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
With all that slamming, I'm pretty sure you'll need an alignment after. Perhaps you can confirm, tomp? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes you prik it need a allignemante after this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>After the "allignemante", would you need another alignment?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Alec, if you were blonde I'd really have to tell you to "step away from the truck". But since you're just greying you can give thiws a try:

Push the little button on your remote key thingy that has the appearance of an opened lock. Now you must be careful with this because there's a very sensitive button called the "Panic" button that will make your alarm go off.

After trying this the door should open. If not, proceed to step two.

STEP TWO: Now this can be very tricky. Grasp the truck key by the PLASTIC end. Insert metal end into key hole on door next to the handle. Turn key. This should do it. If not, proceed to step three.

STEP THREE: Call Tim and ask him to get intouch with OnStar. Just make sure you're around when he does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
OK, OK, I think I have it but before I try again is this in metric sizes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>LEFT handed metric monkey wrenches only work for this application.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

That sucks. According to the Shop Manual you must return the car to the dealer via flatbed. Unfortunately it's not covered under your warranty either. It turns out that one little dent to the skid plate voids the lock portion of the warranty. With all your dents you have no warranty on anything left.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Will this work on an 05? I've been wanting to tackle the owners manual removal, but I don't want to void my warranty if I screw it up.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:

Exit truck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How'd you figure this out with your rig not actually there?
Old 12-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:

Exit truck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How'd you figure this out with your rig not actually there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was at the dealer getting detailed instructions.

Dan, ours is an 05, too. This method will work for your truck as well. Good luck my friend.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, I don't get it. I followed the instructions to a T, but after I pulled out the manual...nothing happened?!?!? Is there a trick to using it? I really need to figure out how to open the gas cap, and I thought the manual could help...Is there something else I can try?

'03 H2
Old 12-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, and should I get the alignment done before or after I put the manual back in? Thanks for your help guys! You sure do know your stuff!

'03 H2
Old 12-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

Alignments are always required whenever the Manual is removed. It's best to remove the manual at an alignment shop as it's nearly impossible to drive the truck after teh manual's removal.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
Oh, and should I get the alignment done before or after I put the manual back in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where's "tomp"?
Old 12-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Banned

R2 is off the scale

u guys are big bullys and this isn’t fair i found the site owners name (Jason) and have emailed him about u and u will all be sorry
Old 12-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

coach3rd is off the scale

Someone road the small H2 to school.