H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

moorec614 is on a distinguished road
Default Hummer Warranty Covers Forced Induction?

I just looked over the warranty off the Hummer website and they have superchargers and turbochargers listed under what is covered.

Seeing as how they do not offer these kits themselves, they must be referring to aftermarket kits, right?
Old 02-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hummer Warranty Covers Forced Induction?

As far as I know if its installed by the dealer at purchace its covered under the factory warranty.
If it purchased after the fact the dealer will give 1 year warranty.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
As far as I know if its installed by the dealer at purchace its covered under the factory warranty.
If it purchased after the fact the dealer will give 1 year warranty.

this should not be taken as a blanket truth.....just because it is installed before purchase does not mean it is included/covered by the factory warranty....ask about it before you buy....
Old 02-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Hummer Guru

the dealer will tell you this, get it in writing.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agriv8r
this should not be taken as a blanket truth.....just because it is installed before purchase does not mean it is included/covered by the factory warranty....ask about it before you buy....

True. I went through this with the H3. I had the dealer install Vizualogic DVD in-headrest screens. It was put in before the H3 was ever driven off the lot and was put on the original sales slip. I had many problems with it. In fact, I had it FINALLY replaced for the 3rd time a week before I had traded the H3 in for the H2. My point is, however, that ONLY the dealer who sold it to me would attempt to fix it. That dealer was a long distance from where I live (they gave me the best price for the new '06 H3 when I was buying). Two dealers closer to me wouldn't even look at it because they considered it 'after-market' since it wasn't factory. The selling dealer told me ANY Hummer dealer would honor the 4-year warranty when I bought the DVD. Uh-uh. I made 8 trips to that dealer trying to get it fixed.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 I hope you have better luck with the H2.( I havent seen any pics yet ?)
Only problem with my 3 is/was the brake growning(not a big deal a little lube at rotation )I would off lost my mind if I had all your troubles.
I had a aftemarket AVN unit installed just after purchase and havent had one problem.I had it done at a recomended installer,not the stealer.

When I hear the grown... I think of you Hmmm
Old 02-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Hmmm2 I hope you have better luck with the H2.( I havent seen any pics yet ?)
Only problem with my 3 is/was the brake growning(not a big deal a little lube at rotation )I would off lost my mind if I had all your troubles.
I had a aftemarket AVN unit installed just after purchase and havent had one problem.I had it done at a recomended installer,not the stealer.

When I hear the grown... I think of you Hmmm

fourfourto, let's not forget the stabiltrack, cylinder head, having the hood repainted TWICE, etc. Hey, but who's counting. But, I have news for you!! You have been thinking so long about my H3's groan, that you transferred that thought over to my spanking, brand new H2!!! Yes, it's true. OMG!!!!!!! When I come to a quick stop downhill (only), the rear right groan is heard. I haven't addressed this yet on the H2 forum side yet. I have to forget I've hear it or I'll go crazy. I truly can't go through all of that again with GM... or with the dealer who told me I was hearing things. (They'll be the dealer servicing my H2, though I didn't buy it from them again.)
I loved my H3 .. what a great looking vehicle and drove so easily. I really like my H2, though. Will post pics hopefully over the weekend!
Old 02-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Hummer Guru

I cant beleve you got a groan in the H2.
Are you sure your not hearing things
Give them hell
Old 02-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
I cant beleve you got a groan in the H2.
Are you sure your not hearing things
Give them hell

ROFLOL!!! I know, I know .. sounds unbelievable. But, I didn't say a thing when I first heard it. My son said, "Did you hear that?!?!?!?!" He was in the back seat. My hubby was in the front passenger seat and said, "You mean the groan?" LOLOL. I kept repeating, "I did not hear a thing. I did not hear a thing. I did not hear a thing." LOL!

Wasn't the very latest on that H3 groan that it was not a safety issue and just a sound? Seriously. Wasn't that what I read here a while back?