H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-18-2003, 11:02 AM

Subgunner is off the scale

On air filters, I want to improve the H2's breathing. I have notice that most of the aftermarket filters are of the open type. There has been some discussion on this board relating to noise and possible water ingestion from the open filter arrangement. Would a K&N filter in the factory box work almost as well with out the problems?

On tires, My truck was delivered with 30 lbs. in each tire. The door sticker clearly indicates 37 lbs as the correct pressure. After going to 37 lbs I noted a 2 mpg improvement on the trucks computer along with better performance. Can I go higher and still maintain even long term tire wear?

How many miles can I expect out of the stock tires if I keep them properly inflated for everyday driving?

I’m not an off-roader and most of my driving is within 100 miles of home. The worst terrain my H2 will see is grass, so, I’m considering the removal of the spare tire from my H2. In the interior it occupies too much space and blocks rear vision. Mounting it on the rear also blocks rear vision and hinders easy access to the rear hatch. Roof mounting is out because it will not clear my garage entrance. It has been my experience that today’s high quality tires rarely blow out, if
they do pick up a nail or a screw they will still run but slowly leak air. My intension is to carry a 12 volt air pump and a few large cans of stop leak just incase I pickup something away from home. This sounds
workable to my, is there anything I’m missing?

Thanks

NO Muslims - NO Terror
Old 10-18-2003, 11:02 AM

On air filters, I want to improve the H2's breathing. I have notice that most of the aftermarket filters are of the open type. There has been some discussion on this board relating to noise and possible water ingestion from the open filter arrangement. Would a K&N filter in the factory box work almost as well with out the problems?

On tires, My truck was delivered with 30 lbs. in each tire. The door sticker clearly indicates 37 lbs as the correct pressure. After going to 37 lbs I noted a 2 mpg improvement on the trucks computer along with better performance. Can I go higher and still maintain even long term tire wear?

How many miles can I expect out of the stock tires if I keep them properly inflated for everyday driving?

I’m not an off-roader and most of my driving is within 100 miles of home. The worst terrain my H2 will see is grass, so, I’m considering the removal of the spare tire from my H2. In the interior it occupies too much space and blocks rear vision. Mounting it on the rear also blocks rear vision and hinders easy access to the rear hatch. Roof mounting is out because it will not clear my garage entrance. It has been my experience that today’s high quality tires rarely blow out, if
they do pick up a nail or a screw they will still run but slowly leak air. My intension is to carry a 12 volt air pump and a few large cans of stop leak just incase I pickup something away from home. This sounds
workable to my, is there anything I’m missing?

Thanks

NO Muslims - NO Terror
Old 10-18-2003, 11:04 AM

cmb31078 is off the scale

About the spare tire thing. That is what the free on-star is for Roadside assistance.

Craig

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension
Old 10-18-2003, 11:25 AM

Patriot is off the scale

Welcome!!!

On the air filter issue...I use the Xtreme flow unit. It does exactly as you describe. It puts a K&N like flter within the factory airbox. Very easy to install. Give them a call.

On the spare...I went with the exterior spare tire carrier. Not too much trouble to swing away from the rear for access but the wife does complain. I may go with a Gobi down the road as I don't garage my ride. As others say...you have On-Star too!!!
Old 10-18-2003, 11:39 AM

But can On-Star plug a flat tire?
Whats a Gobi?????
Thanks
Subgunner

NO Muslims - NO Terror
Old 10-18-2003, 11:44 AM

Batson34 is off the scale

On tire presure

B]FORD EXPLORER!!!![/b]

Follow the tire manufacturer reccomendations printed ON the tire.

You'll read lots about people messing with tire pressures but that revolves around off-roading & traction.

Keep a tire gauge in your Hummer and check the pressures often.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:36 PM

Patriot is off the scale

GOBI= Gobi roof rack...see ad/website this page to the left

On-Star can't plug tire...but the guy they call to come out to help you can/might. Just tell them when you make the call that you have NO spare and need a service that can plug tires and re-inflate roadside.
Old 10-18-2003, 04:32 PM

argonaut is off the scale

Onstar is notalways the most reliable either. they claim it is a satellite service, but it is actually analog cellular, so if you are out of range, you are screwed. I trust the beefy tread of the BFGs to resist a blowout, and I think a tire patching kit would be a good idea.

As for the no muslims no terror thing, are we forgetting european terrorists like the Irish, or the Jewish terrorism against the British, or the catholic church's terrorism throughout history? Terrorism ran rampant throughout the french revolution, and it was the ultimate weapon at Stalin's disposal. how about the Zealots that plagued the Romans in Judea? Don't be naive buddy. Terrorism predates the Muslim Faith by thousands of years, and will probably long outlast them.

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 10-18-2003, 05:18 PM

Thanks Guys, alot of good ideas.
Also, thanks to Argonaut for the lecture. You may be right about the past but today the religion that is responsible for terrorism and murder against Americans and Jews is Islam. Enough said.
Subgunner

NO Muslims - NO Terror
Old 10-18-2003, 10:58 PM

cmb31078 is off the scale

If you have the rear air ride you have an air compressor on board. Just carry a patch kit and you can make it to get it fixed.

Craig

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension
Old 10-19-2003, 12:03 AM

I don't have the onboard compressor but I can buy one for under $30. I will ditch the 100 lb wheel and carry the compressor, tire plug kit, tire stop leak in a can and On-Star. I had an opportunity to try different tire pressures for street driving and settled in on 38lbs for all four. It seemed to provide a good ride and economy.
Subgunner

NO Muslims - NO Terror
Old 10-19-2003, 11:12 AM

Patriot is off the scale

Alec and Phil,

Gee..what ever happened to "free speech"?? You don't have to agree with him....

How about if he changes it to "No radical Islamic's"????

I usually have the tag line "Pledge allegiance or pack your bags"...would that get me in trouble too???

Too much PC in this forum sometimes....

...back to the topic please.....

[This message was edited by Patriot on 10-19-03 at 07:07 AM.]
Old 10-19-2003, 11:55 AM

Centerfire is off the scale

I am new to this site.. I find it interesting how unrelated comments(not H2) mirror other sites. I spend part of my work day answering questions on our web page and folks just go off on the littlest things... So anyway. Go for a new intake.. hell they are only a couple hundred dollars.. if you do not like it throw it away or sell on ebay.. I put an Air Raid on my H2 2 weeks ago.. Do not know if it does anything other then I know it is on their. Just like the last 12 GM trucks ( suv).. I will be adding an exhaust as soon as I can determine which one.. Shoot guys and gals we spent in excess of $45K for the toys whats another few dollars for more toys.

Mike
Old 10-19-2003, 12:58 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Patriot,

That's just as offensive to some people as,

" Kill all Americans "

Free speech???? A line must be draw. "No Muslims=No Terror"???WTF??

It's **** like this that put us in this new world we live in. Don't take the stupid path, Take the challenging one.

Understand the Muslim = No Terror

"A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words."

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-19-2003, 01:30 PM

Patriot is off the scale

Dennis,

Nope, don't buy it....

Insult me all you want...

I didn't say I agree with the statement... but it's close..."NO Islamic radicals = NO terrorism"

...but I don't "need" to understand the "Muslim"....WHAT I DO understand is that they will not compromise no matter how much YOU understand them.

Islamic radicals would slit your throat and your families and watch you bleed to death as they laugh...UNDERSTAND THAT DENNIS.

A least a dozen terrorist happenings can be attributed to Islamic radicals.....

I may be "stupid" but you are "naive"....naive to think your PC "compromise & understand" crap will work in the mind of a terrorist???

Oh..by the way...

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military barracks in Saudi Arabia!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11/2001!

Etc...etc....Yes, Dennis, I understand them....

Disclaimer: Subgunner, I apologize for the off-topic hijacking of this thread but this really hits home for me.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:39 PM

Lighten up guys! My tag line does not say anything about killing a billion Muslims.

Phil D, I think you need to go back to reading school.

It is deceivingly simple, it displays my dislike for radical Muslims and the many non-radical Muslims who condone, protect and even defend them. It is a reminder, so we will not forget the death and horror brought to us by those very same Muslims and as an aside it will always bring to the surface those Politically Correct Fools who fail to understand the First and usually the Second Amendments to the Constitution. The First Amendment is not about speech you agree with, Hello... IT’S ABOUT ALL SPEECH!

I joined this board to talk H2 not politics, so for those sensitive souls who have the panties in a bunch I do apologize and remind you that “I do feel your pain.”

I further suggest that if you find my beliefs offensive, just ignore my posts, you are not forced to read them.

Now can we move on?

Subgunner

NO Muslims - NO Terror

[This message was edited by Subgunner on 10-19-03 at 12:31 PM.]
Old 10-19-2003, 06:12 PM

argonaut is off the scale

So by this theory, because more than a dozen rapes have been commited by white people, does that make all white people rapists? The ignorance of people is very astonishing. When you travel around the world you notice that people in other developed nations tend to be much better educated and more intelligent than the average Americans. Why are Americans so stupid? I just don't understand. I think it is the prominence of our media and how it doesn'r allow the average American to think for his or herself. even our friends up north are smarter and more worldly than the stupid Americans in this country. I just don't get the ignorance. Do people understand how incredibly uneducated and downright inbred that they sound when they make those blanket statements? The IRA has commited more acts of terror against the british that any radical islamic group, or all of them put together for that matter. But do we label all Irish as terrorists? your stupidity astounds me. every time an ignorant person is confronted with their idiotic statements they hide behind the constitution like a little baby. Grow up buddy and get a life. I am just as proud to be American as you are, but unlike you I am not afraid to open my eyes and crticize this country and its people.

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5