H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Future For The H3

Just wondering since the production numbers were posted here for the H-1 H-2 H-3. The H3 seems to be selling quite well. Ok so now the General is haulting production on the H1....(Consumer Version) ..but still selling the MIlitary Version.

And the H2 ..which is very cool but a tad bit more to buy then the H3 is not selling well due to cost or fuel ..take your pick. What does the General do here... I mean there are many different routes the General can go.

Invest more in the H3 and refine it more to what you guys are asking for and try and keep the price down. Or take the H2 and work it down to a different new chassis design or other ways to make it a little more affordable...

There are many different ways to go here. What is the General gonna due????

All I know is that so far they have a winner on there hands with the H3.
Now if they can get the H2 to strat selling a little better they'd be rocken.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Future For The H3

GM needs to step out of the box and step up in the design department. They're getting buried at every turn and if they don't do something soon, we're going to start hearing words such as "Bailout".
Old 08-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
GM needs to step out of the box and step up in the design department. They're getting buried at every turn and if they don't do something soon, we're going to start hearing words such as "Bailout".

When you say Design Dept. Are you speaking about body style and Appeal or Chassis and or engineerimg.?
Old 08-15-2006, 01:19 AM
Steve - SanJose

Hummer (and especially the H3) is one of a few GM success stories lately. But of course Hummer's success is in a low volume niche market.

Currently lots of demand for the Pontiac and Saturn 2 seater sports cars driven mainly by their excellent styling.

S.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:58 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget the Impala and the G6, both big sellers. The new 900 large SUVs are selling quite well too, for this time of high fuel mileage.
Caddys are selling, and they are big profit vehicles.
I'll bet the new Aura will be a winner, and the new Saturn Outlook/GMC Acadia will fit in real well as large front wheel drive SUVs with some great interors (i.e., cross over vehicles).
Trust me, the H3 is not the end of the H's for GM The H2 may have something changed on it in '08
I have seen some of the new vehicles that will be released in the next few years, and the GM design staff is making some very interesting and damn good looking vehicles.

Oh and Vietnam Vette, the General does not make H2s or Hummvees, and never made the H1. Those are all made by the other General (AM General). The H3 was and at this time is, the only Hummer made totally by GM, but you never know what wlll happen in the future.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:35 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Oh and Vietnam Vette, the General does not make H2s or Hummvees, and never made the H1. Those are all made by the other General (AM General). The H3 was and at this time is, the only Hummer made totally by GM, but you never know what wlll happen in the future.

I stand Corrected....
Old 08-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

The H3 is hurt more by gas prices than the H2, at least in my area.

GM really needs to change something for the H2. They put off the total redesign until like 2011, so they need to throw us a bone. People will get tired of the same thing in their driveway, and I'm pissed that GM is asking people to buy the same car 3 times (assuming 3 year leases) before they can buy a new vehicle.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiehummer...er
The H3 is hurt more by gas prices than the H2, at least in my area.

GM really needs to change something for the H2. They put off the total redesign until like 2011, so they need to throw us a bone. People will get tired of the same thing in their driveway, and I'm pissed that GM is asking people to buy the same car 3 times (assuming 3 year leases) before they can buy a new vehicle.
are you shure that it's the H2 that is hurt by gas prices, as the H3 gets far better milage.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Hummer Expert

blindzebra is an unknown quantity at this point

you've got to look at your demographics. Most H2 owners really are not that affected by gas prices in comparison to their average household income. However the average income drops phenominally downward in the H3 category. So on average the gas prices will affect H3 sales more than H2 sales. Don't be offended if your on the right side of the bell curve.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
you've got to look at your demographics. Most H2 owners really are not that affected by gas prices in comparison to their average household income. However the average income drops phenominally downward in the H3 category. So on average the gas prices will affect H3 sales more than H2 sales. Don't be offended if your on the right side of the bell curve.

Something's driiving down H2 sales drastically and gas prices aren't helping.

S.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: The Future For The H3

Up until last year, the Air and Air Force Exchange (AAFES) new car sales program carried GM products including the HUMMER. However, GM discontinued. Why would a company, with its reported problems, decided not to continue this market share and give it up to Ford and Chrylser?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Future is bright. Nothing else comes close unless you like station wagons that really have no balls...
Old 08-15-2006, 11:42 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Redesign is not 2011...that date for a complete redesign is inaccurate. If my powertrain/chassis charts are correct, and I have to assume they are, the redesign will be sooner. Can't say when, but trust me on this one.

I have to agree, H3 is affected more by fuel mileage due to demographics of the owners. H2 owners fall in line with Escalade owners, the price of fuel is not the factor in the purchase. A lot of H3 owners are looking for a vehicle that is "cool," to drive, and not a necessity. (Most also do not visit websites either.)

I would guess the reason GM dropped the AFES sales is due to the fact they were considered fleet sales. No, they weren't selling to a fleet per say; however, they were selling at fleet prices. They still offer a military rebate (at least they do for most of their vehicles). GM is slowly dropping out of massive fleet sales due to the very low profit. That is one reason why GM is not giving the large discounts that Chrysler and Ford are currently giving. (Not in marketing or sales, but this is what I am hearing.)
Old 08-16-2006, 02:06 AM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

I think the H3 could be a big hit as it has only been out a year and scoping out the used car market an H3 is hard to find, so people are hanging on to them and I predict they will easyly out sell the H2.