H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-01-2005, 03:12 AM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

<span class="ev_code_RED">--HI HUMMER LOVERS!--</span>
Well my H3 should be here within 3-4 weeks (I hope). I'm not really sure if I should buy or lease. I've never leased a vehicle before, but it might be a good way to buy the new comer to hummer. I've been told by the F & I guy that he can get me 4.2% financing if I buy. Can you give me a little insight/pro's and con's?
For those of you that have already taken delivery of your H3, what kind financing did you go with and how much are your monthly payments. How should I go about this? any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
thanks! JP'S-H3
Old 07-01-2005, 03:12 AM
Hummer Expert

Well my H3 should be here within 3-4 weeks (I hope). I'm not really sure if I should buy or lease. I've never leased a vehicle before, but it might be a good way to buy the new comer to hummer. I've been told by the F & I guy that he can get me 4.2% financing if I buy. Can you give me a little insight/pro's and con's?
For those of you that have already taken delivery of your H3, what kind financing did you go with and how much are your monthly payments. How should I go about this? any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
thanks! JP'S-H3
Old 07-01-2005, 06:01 AM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

I paid cash for mine, but if I had to finance I would do it and BUY it, not lease it.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jp's-h3:
thanks! JP'S-H3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you dont drive alot of miles per year leasing is great,but if you do then you should buy.I paid for mine in full sorry.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Banned

entrust clothing is off the scale

it depends on the lease deal, if i lease it i wouldn't wanna put anything down, usually for leasing they want like 3-5k down which is reatarded cause that's like a years worth of car payments almost. my business partner leased his tundra and got an amazing deal, 0 down, 36 month, 15,000 mile per year and free maintance for the 36 months all for like $415 a month, that is unreal for a $42k truck, so if it's a deal like that then lease, but if you have to put money down you might as well finance

i plan on financing my h3, the one i want it $33k and i can get 3.9% and plan on putting $4-5k down which will make my payments in the $430-450 range
Old 07-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

MisterE is an unknown quantity at this point

My 2¢ for what it's worth.

If you plan on keeping for over 3 years BUY, under Lease. However, I'm in a suburb of Detroit Michigan and EVERYONE gets some kind of discount from a car company. (We have the big three HeadQuaters, plus Volkswagen HG all within about 35 minutes drive. Because of this used vehicle has about 0 resale value. Every vehicle I've bought, either new or used, and resold I've gotten screwed on. (One was only 3 years old with 9K miles 4WD Truck)...GRRR

My lease was 1,200 Total Out Of Pocket(tax, title,plates...) 2 year 12K per year at 446. (Adventure, Sunroof, Monsoon) GMS was 29,700. (The dealer also gave me 500 to help get out my old lease) The lease kept my payments low and will cost about 11,500. Had I bought the vehicle I would have had to put a ton down to get that payment and probably would have been in about the same ballpark in 2 years when I tried to sell it. (However, the H3 will probably hold its value better the more convential GM stuff I've driven).

Also, check your Credit Union. Mine is about a full % below our banks at 3.65%.

Hope your behind the wheel soon!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am wanting to lease myself because I get tired of a vehicle in 2-3 years anyway and want something new. If I were to buy, I would be upside down in it at that time unless I put a lot down. Like the previous posts, mileage is the big issue with a lease. The other is if you want to do anything custom to it, you get nothing for it at the end of the lease unless you can go back to stock, ie wheels or aftermarket a/v system. One concern I have about leasing the H3 is that I will be taking it off road and the love to charge you for any wear and tear they can when you turn it in.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

payments were cheaper to buy
Old 07-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that is probably a first

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-02-2005, 01:37 AM
Hummer Expert

I'm most likely buying, because I do plan on doing as much off roading as poss. and certainlty plan on adding my own personal touches. Thanks for the advice! JPS-H3
Old 07-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

I can't tell you how many people come in with trades from 03 or 04 and want to trade in, but can't because they're too far upsidedown. If you have a history of getting or wanting a new car every few years...do the lease -- you'll have lower payments, and typically you wont have to put too much down (TTL normally)..and no fear of being upsidedown in a few years...

http://www.hummerguy.net