H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Hummer Professional

Scarsman is on a distinguished road
Default Might be buying!

Hi. Well, we weren't quite ready to pull the trigger, but we went and test drove an H2 last weekend. We have been talking about it for a long time, but had never loaded all the kids and car seats and everything and seen just how we "fit." So, we went and did it. Everyone loved it, and my wife LOVES the seats. She hates the seat in our Envoy, as it hurts her back.

So, now the sales guy is calling me and trying really hard to make a deal. Here are the details. What do you think?

It is a stealth gray 2005, and has 21,000 miles. It has the rear DVD, Bose sound, sunroof, rear tire carrier, roof rails, third row seat. It has aftermarket chrome wheels, but stck size. (A plus to me; I am not crazy about plus size wheels on a HUMMER.) It is really like brand new inside. Outside has a couple very minor small scratches, but otherwise like new. Underside is spotless, so never offroad. It has the coils in the rear, so I am assuming it does not have the adventure package? It has chrome nerf steps and rear light guards, and chrome gas lid. No brush guard.

Asking price is $29,988. We owe $16,000 on our 2006 Envoy XL with 31,000 miles. He says they could take our Envoy, and they would pay it off, plus use it as a down payment, and they would give us no money down and push the first payment out 90 days. He thinks payments would be about $50-60 more than what we are paying on our Envoy right now.

What do you all think? Is that good for a 2005 with 21,000? It is a really clean rig, and drives awesome.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

VegasGuy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Might be buying!

Like your prospective H2, my 2005 has 20,000 miles on it. I try to keep up with what people are asking for their H2's in Vegas. You rarely see a 2005 with only 21,000 miles so that's a big plus. Their price of $29,988 retail seems very fair. His trade in offer seems fair, also. It's not a smokin' deal. But it is fair. Read their offer and get all the numbers. The devil is in the details.

By comparison, I have a Lux with partial adventure package, no air bags or compressor. I look at that as a plus. Your H2 and mine are very similar in options. I bought mine for $26,888 1-1/2 years ago when gas was $4/gal. It had 11,300 miles on it. I have not seen a deal like that since. But then at that time the local Vegas Hummer dealer had just closed their doors and people were begging you to take a H2 off their hands. Even the Vegas Rolls Royce/Bentley dealership was desperate because that's who I bought my H2 from. When I see a H2 similar to mine for sale now it is in the low to mid-$30's.

Hope it works out for you. You will not regret buying a H2 in that condition. They don't come around very often.

Last edited by VegasGuy : 05-14-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

seventwozero is on a distinguished road

The truck sounds like it's in nice shape, it's possible the scratches would be able to be buffed out with a little effort depending on how bad they really are.

In retrospect, I paid $23,000 for my 04 suv with 57k miles, in similar condition from how it sounds but with more accessories, chrome everything, 2nd set of wheels and tires, high end security, ect. I've seen a few 05's go for $27ish in my area but they all had 2-3 times the miles your looking at. More recently there was a 06' suv on another hummer site, with maybe 50k'ish miles, go for $23k as well. Personally I would low ball em an offer in $27-27500 and see where he goes from there.

I dont think you'll regret the purchase, my truck was the most money I've ever spent at a single point in my life and I never had a second of buyers remorse, and I get buyers remorse when I buy bags of shrimp at the grocery store! I've had a perma grin for the past 2 months, my H2 is possibly the best vechical I've ever driven.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

One thing you might try is to get them to kick in an extended warranty to clinch the deal. You will sleep better at night with it.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

seventwozero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGuy
One thing you might try is to get them to kick in an extended warranty to clinch the deal. You will sleep better at night with it.

This is a really good idea for a used vehical. I had a couple ugly repairs to do on mine that I sure wish were covered under warrenty.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:32 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGuy
It's not a smokin' deal. But it is fair.

Quote:
You will not regret buying a H2 in that condition. They don't come around very often.

No truer words spoken by a man with such...

ahhhh, fuk it. point is...sounds like a good deal.

Welcome to the madness.

Mark
Old 05-14-2010, 04:02 AM
Hummer Professional

Thanks for the input. I have been watching them in my area for awhile now, and for comparison there is another 2005 Lux at a different dealer with 64,000 miles. It has oversize wheels and full chrome, and roof light bar, and they want $33,000. They also have a 2006 with 30,000 miles for $34,000.

I like the idea of asking for the warranty. I am going to do that. I was also going to see how low they will go. They seem to really want to get out of it.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

father_of_4 is on a distinguished road

The numbers sound pretty good. Have you seen a CarFax or other vehicle history? That might fill in the blanks...

I was looking for a 2008 and one of the lower mileage ones (6500) had a right side impact accident reported on the CarFax. Someone else bought it and I bet they never saw the CarFax....

Good luck. I am picking mine up tomorrow....

Bob
Old 05-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Hummer Professional

Well, I am talking to the guy today. I am going to go for the warranty, and I had another idea. It is at a Chevy dealer, and they have a bunch of Camaros. I'm going to tell him I want to drive a Camaro.

I'll let you all know what happens!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Hummer Professional

Big.Z.hummin is on a distinguished road

i've driven the new camaro and as sporty and Bad A as it looked it just made me want to keep my H2 even more. especially after all the flooding and sh*t we have had the only way i'd say bye to my rig is if someone pried the keys from my cold dead body!

73' Dodge Charger. 400 Magnum. B5 Blue. White Leather.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Hummer Professional

I bought! We got it this morning. This was the easiest smoothest vehicle purchase we have had. We absolutely love this thing! I was really limited on time this morning due to having to go to work.

I will post pictures tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations! You're going to love it.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Hummer Veteran

Congrats, Scarsman! You are going to love your new ride. Remember to put dibs on driving it before your wife does.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Hummer Professional

Ok, here is a teaser picture. I will post on the picture forum with a slide show. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Old 05-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Hummer Professional

CBR_Raven is off the scale

nice color...congrats and welcome to the Hummer family!!!

2018 Polaris GEM e4
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo RR
2024 GMC Sierra AT4X HD
2024 GMC Hummer EV 2X SUV