H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

tony d is an unknown quantity at this point

ready to order my h3 . is there any must have options ? I am not going off road so I don't need off road package . going to order lux with every option except offroad (want the chrome wheels ) any suggestions ?
Old 07-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

tony d is an unknown quantity at this point

ready to order my h3 . is there any must have options ? I am not going off road so I don't need off road package . going to order lux with every option except offroad (want the chrome wheels ) any suggestions ?
Old 07-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

I personally (and any owner will agree) like the Monsoon system that comes w/ the Lux pack, but order w/ XM. I didn't think I'd like it, but I had it for a week and I was hooked..

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 07-23-2005, 01:41 PM

BeerDog is off the scale

I agree with Hummer Guy, I wasnt' very interested in XM, but it happened to come with the H3 I purchased... I'm totally hooked. Sounds like you're going to order every option anyway... So enjoy. My H3 is going to the Dealer on Monday to insall Roof Marker Lights, mud flaps, and Chrome Gas Cover if they carry. My H3 is Birch White, and I noticed that I needed Mud Flaps ASAP... Enjoy
Old 07-24-2005, 12:34 AM

angelus is off the scale

Have to say that the must haves are mudder floor/cargo mats, splash guards, lux package and marker lights (waiting to get these myself since they were originall taken off my order).
Old 07-24-2005, 12:59 AM

Jersey Guy is off the scale

The monsoon and XM are Great Sunroof is a Must I would hold on the roof lights marker or off road we seem to be having noise problems with them
Old 07-24-2005, 07:06 AM
Hummer Authority

off-road light appearance? not too bad...function? sucks..they shine on the windshield and hood and blind the driver...but outside the vehicle they're VERY bright...

Old 07-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer Guy:
off-road light appearance? not too bad...function? sucks..they shine on the windshield and hood and blind the driver...but outside the vehicle they're VERY bright... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was wondering about that. I have windshield mounted 130 watt KCs spots on my Jeep and unless they are aimed to shine way out, they reflect off the hood. Are these H3 lights adjustable to shine way down the road, and are the bulbs standard so that they can be replaced with 100 watt bulbs (55 watts are worthless on dark desert roads)? (Wiring should be able to carry an extra 4 or 5 amps.)
Old 07-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Roof marker lights look cool, but the glow at night, and especially if you have any snow or a light colored hood is downright distracting and in fog, they're eerie. I had them on my old F250 and ended up taking the bulbs out of half of them. Also, I had a few marker lenses cracked in car washes. I've also heard some wind noise complaints about them. They do look nice though!
For my two cents worth, my Hummer came with the XM radio and I REALLY DIDN'T WANT IT, but now I love it. You can get real time weather updates when travelling, and it's so nice to listen to music without commercials. Now I want one for the house! Also, even if you don't use them, the tubular sidesteps prevent door dings.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer Guy:
off-road light appearance? not too bad...function? sucks..they shine on the windshield and hood and blind the driver...but outside the vehicle they're VERY bright... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was wondering about that. I have windshield mounted 130 watt KCs spots on my Jeep and unless they are aimed to shine way out, they reflect off the hood. Are these H3 lights adjustable to shine way down the road, and are the bulbs standard so that they can be replaced with 100 watt bulbs (55 watts are worthless on dark desert roads)? (Wiring should be able to carry an extra 4 or 5 amps.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's not a whole lot of adjustment that can be done w/ the stock lights...ont this truck i'd make sure they were at least a foot back on the roof, or just do the grill mounted...

Old 07-24-2005, 02:46 PM

H3OH is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My H3 is Birch White, and I noticed that I needed Mud Flaps ASAP... Enjoy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a Birch White as well, and I went through a little puddle and the entire "hump"on the back doors were covered with dirt.

I pretty much got a good chunk of the options, and will chime in stating that I absolutely did NOT want XM radio, but after trying it out, I'm so glad I got it! It's very cool!

I'm planning on getting the mud flaps, tire cover, chrome gas cover (to match chrome package) and the rubber floor mats.

If you are limited to just one option, get the sunroof! It pretty much turns the H3 into a convertible. I LOVE it and have had many compliments on that and the black/peweter piping leather.

Hope that helps!