H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

I'm looking at the H3 Lux package. I know that I want XM radio, the roof marker lamps, mud flaps -- there are so many options, my head is spinning. Which are "must have" options. I don't do any offroad -- not yet at least. I just want to know which options make the H3 look more like it's daddy (the H2).

Thanks
Chris
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 09-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

I'm looking at the H3 Lux package. I know that I want XM radio, the roof marker lamps, mud flaps -- there are so many options, my head is spinning. Which are "must have" options. I don't do any offroad -- not yet at least. I just want to know which options make the H3 look more like it's daddy (the H2).

Thanks
Chris
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 09-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Hummer Professional

Webb70 is off the scale

#1) Sunroof - awsome open air feeling.
#2) Chrome - matter of taste, but it looks nice
#3) Tow package - to add 1 later is hell
Old 09-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

I don't think you can order the roof marker lights until GM fixes an issue with them. If they do allow you to I actually wouldn't. See other posts for why.

Mud flaps are good because there a lot of posts about rocks hitting the sides. Get the adventure package also. It is worth it just for the tires alone. Tow package as stated.
Sunroof which I think is standard with Luxery package. Protection rails for off-roading and it looks like the H2 also.

You can get hummer hood handles from other h3 sites but not the factory. Also, if you like them get h u m m e r letters that go on the grill. Looks like the big brother H2.

Also, rubber floor mats are nice.

Check out my website for a lot of information on accessories.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

I forgot brusch guard. Also maybe some fog lights but I haven't seen OEM ones yet.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

I'm probably going to "try and find" one on a lot that has the options I'm looking for...

Is it common to find them with the Lux and Adventure packages. What's the sticker on a typical H3 with Lux/Adventure packages. I looked at an H3 the other day and it was priced at 38,500.

Thanks.
Chris
Old 09-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

I got every option you can get but the DVD navigation which I dont think I would enjoy that much... But to each his own as I cant imagine not having just about all the options that I got.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

I have the TomTom Navigator for Treo 650. Since I have the TomTom, I wouldn't need the nav system.

I'm just browsing all the cool custom stuff you can do aftermarket. Some really cool things and some of the nicer touches aren't that expensive. (Hummer letters on front grille, Stainless Steel Hummer letters for front bumper). The chrome roof grips look pretty cool too.

Roughtly what is the sticker price on a Lux/Adventure H3 (not counting additional options). I'm just trying to put dollars and sense to options. I know I want the Lux package. While the Adventure package was recommended, I'm not sure I need it.

-Chris
Old 09-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

As stated, i got everything you can get less the DvD Nav and I paid 38K.

Also, if you go lux, you will need to go with the off-road package rather than getting Lux+Adventure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cmeinck:
Roughtly what is the sticker price on a Lux/Adventure H3 (not counting additional options). I'm just trying to put dollars and sense to options. I know I want the Lux package. While the Adventure package was recommended, I'm not sure I need it.

-Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As stated, i got everything you can get less the DvD Nav and I paid 38K.

Also, if you go lux, you will need to go with the off-road package rather than getting Lux+Adventure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

bender is off the scale

for the price they're selling these H3s at and the cool piping they use i'd say leather seats are a must!!! i have cashmere leather with a dark brown piping (very range rover-like).

also, XM radio is awesome.

the adventure package is a no-brainer.