H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-09-2005, 12:54 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMER H3 4 ME is off the scale

This being my 100th post I would like to talk about the H3 I experienced, and the service I experienced today I visited Cerritos Hummer today in L.A. county with my mom. At first we were not sure were it was because it was tucked away in the back. When we got there my mom said, "Is that an H3?""No," I replied, "That is an H2." Then we pulled in a little more and then I saw it. it was a beautiful black H3 parked in between an H1 and an H2 SUT. MY mom said, "Oh my gosh, IT IS SO LITTLE!" Luckily I told here that it was so "little" because it was parked in between those two monsters. Finally we were looking around and we spotted a more accessible Yellow H3. WE opened it up and it was the luxury series. It was nice. It was my first time actually goin in an H3. It was so roomy and was so luxurios. It was a lot nicer than my mom's 1998 Ford Expedition. WE walked around to the back of the lot with the salesman that had found us snooping around the H3's. WE got into a Victory Red H3. Once again it was very roomy. Then next to it was an H2 SUT and for some reason my mom wanted to check it out, so we did. We went back into the H3 because I asked my mom if she wanted to test drivea nd she said she din't want to. But, the salesman heard and said she should. So we got in and it was deffintely cool. It made a nice engine rumble noise. As we took of my mom said she didn't want to go far for fear of totalling the H3. WE went down the back alley of the dealer and she made a tight U-TURN at the end of the road(It was not a through street.) The ride was sooooo smoooooth!!. But that is compared to my mom's car. When I roled down the back window it went all the way down so I could hang my arm out comfortably. It picked up speed quickly, but my mom was too afraid to really test it. The sunroof was soo expansive and very quiet. It road on the 33's I believe and had the chrome package. Yes the door handles are flimsy and light-weight but they are attached well and It didn't feel like they would fall off. The interior was stunning. It was deffinitely refined an luxurios. Cloth seats were very nice and sturdy, but the one we drove had leather.IN THE BACK SEAT IT HAD TONS OF LEG ROOM!!!!!! Which mad up for its semi-narrow body. The back seat will fit two adults and a child very cofortably but three adults may be a little bit tight. The trunk was a nice side and it had the rubber/padded flooring that can be hosed down if needed. The trunk also opened ver interestingly with the hydraulic arm. You just had to pop the handle and it would go automatically. The windows were high up but that was to be expected. The rear windows do have that cut-off point so the back part of the window doesn't go down but you can't really notice it. When getting out off the back seats it is tough withouts the sid-steps( and I'm 5'10"). THe crossbows are very nice and sleek looking. The marker lights look very hummer-esque. The H# looks a little more Military-like than the H2 because of the wheel-welds bet the H2 has plenty of other features the H3 doesn't( but there is quite a price diiference. It was funny too because the salesman said the D-rings were for show, but then he mentioned you could pull someone with them because they are connected to the frame. Is that true? WEll the H3 is a fantastic vehicle and it will sell!! This is deffinitely going to help GM. By the way if you are in this area you should visit them they had about * and they are selling at MSRP. What was weird though was my parents have a GM Card and the salesman said that we could use all the credit that my parents have accumulated. WEird, huh? Well thanks for reading this long description of the all new 2006 HUMMER H3 by a 14-year-old.
Mom: 2008 Cadillac Escalade - Blue Chip
Brother: In the near future: 2009 HUMMER H3T - All-Terrain Blue
Old 06-09-2005, 12:54 AM
Hummer Professional

This being my 100th post I would like to talk about the H3 I experienced, and the service I experienced today I visited Cerritos Hummer today in L.A. county with my mom. At first we were not sure were it was because it was tucked away in the back. When we got there my mom said, "Is that an H3?""No," I replied, "That is an H2." Then we pulled in a little more and then I saw it. it was a beautiful black H3 parked in between an H1 and an H2 SUT. MY mom said, "Oh my gosh, IT IS SO LITTLE!" Luckily I told here that it was so "little" because it was parked in between those two monsters. Finally we were looking around and we spotted a more accessible Yellow H3. WE opened it up and it was the luxury series. It was nice. It was my first time actually goin in an H3. It was so roomy and was so luxurios. It was a lot nicer than my mom's 1998 Ford Expedition. WE walked around to the back of the lot with the salesman that had found us snooping around the H3's. WE got into a Victory Red H3. Once again it was very roomy. Then next to it was an H2 SUT and for some reason my mom wanted to check it out, so we did. We went back into the H3 because I asked my mom if she wanted to test drivea nd she said she din't want to. But, the salesman heard and said she should. So we got in and it was deffintely cool. It made a nice engine rumble noise. As we took of my mom said she didn't want to go far for fear of totalling the H3. WE went down the back alley of the dealer and she made a tight U-TURN at the end of the road(It was not a through street.) The ride was sooooo smoooooth!!. But that is compared to my mom's car. When I roled down the back window it went all the way down so I could hang my arm out comfortably. It picked up speed quickly, but my mom was too afraid to really test it. The sunroof was soo expansive and very quiet. It road on the 33's I believe and had the chrome package. Yes the door handles are flimsy and light-weight but they are attached well and It didn't feel like they would fall off. The interior was stunning. It was deffinitely refined an luxurios. Cloth seats were very nice and sturdy, but the one we drove had leather.IN THE BACK SEAT IT HAD TONS OF LEG ROOM!!!!!! Which mad up for its semi-narrow body. The back seat will fit two adults and a child very cofortably but three adults may be a little bit tight. The trunk was a nice side and it had the rubber/padded flooring that can be hosed down if needed. The trunk also opened ver interestingly with the hydraulic arm. You just had to pop the handle and it would go automatically. The windows were high up but that was to be expected. The rear windows do have that cut-off point so the back part of the window doesn't go down but you can't really notice it. When getting out off the back seats it is tough withouts the sid-steps( and I'm 5'10"). THe crossbows are very nice and sleek looking. The marker lights look very hummer-esque. The H# looks a little more Military-like than the H2 because of the wheel-welds bet the H2 has plenty of other features the H3 doesn't( but there is quite a price diiference. It was funny too because the salesman said the D-rings were for show, but then he mentioned you could pull someone with them because they are connected to the frame. Is that true? WEll the H3 is a fantastic vehicle and it will sell!! This is deffinitely going to help GM. By the way if you are in this area you should visit them they had about * and they are selling at MSRP. What was weird though was my parents have a GM Card and the salesman said that we could use all the credit that my parents have accumulated. WEird, huh? Well thanks for reading this long description of the all new 2006 HUMMER H3 by a 14-year-old.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:24 AM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice perspective. Thanks.

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 06-09-2005, 01:45 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

Nice post -- and the tow-hooks aren't just there for show -- they really can pull out a stuck truck.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 06-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Hummer Professional

I know but htis guy seemed to think that we were not going to do much off-roading, which we aren't. Just love teh look of HUMMER. I've been obsessed for one year now.

BY the way, I noticed that when my mom was adjusting the lumbar/seat adjutments the salesman had the door open. What is up with that, is there that little room?
Old 06-09-2005, 02:15 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

If there was one thing I'd like to change, I'd change the ammount of room to make the drivers seat adjustments. When the door is closed, it is a little hard to get your hand down there...but its not impossible. But, in my personal car, I can't remember the last time I had to adjust my seat. Unless two different sized people are sharing it day in and day out, it probably wouldn't be too much of a problem.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 06-09-2005, 03:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

JnStitz is off the scale

yahoo... I'm not the youngest person on this forum... for sure the youngest owner though. (18)

Anyways, very nice review there!

If I'm not mistaken, arn't the "D Rings" on the H2/H3 not connected to the frame? I thought they were part of the hood, or are they like the h1?
Old 06-09-2005, 05:39 AM

Ely is off the scale

I beg to differ... I'm 16, I just got one of these bad boys. haha sorry to kill that for you...

what does yours have on it?

I have a black Lux with off road package and everything everything except chrome cuz its tacky.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...o/DSC00877.jpg

[img]http://i7.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMER H3 4 ME:
I've been obsessed for one year now.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow I remember those days. I think that is around the time I became obsessed. Of course it would be hard for you to become obsessed much longer or earlier in life being that the brand started just after you were born.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ely:
I beg to differ... I'm 16, I just got one of these bad boys. haha sorry to kill that for you...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Certainly not the youngest ever, but probably tied. I remember those debates back in the 90's. Even though I was 25 when I got mine (10 years of waiting) I heard some younger that were on there second truck already by that age.

This H3 will probably not be your last hummer.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jnstitz:

If I'm not mistaken, arn't the "D Rings" on the H2/H3 not connected to the frame? I thought they were part of the hood, or are they like the h1? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The D-Rings are what are on the front and rear bumpers. The rings on the H2 and H3 on the hood are decoration. Funny though I heard that there was an h2 owner back in 03 or so that thought he could pull someone with them. Someone stopped him first though.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:49 AM

h2sin is off the scale

wow... I have a 14 year old in the house and all he does is chat on AIM and plays games
Old 06-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Hummer Professional

WE haven't gotten it yet nor ordered it but my mom wants white with sunroof, and base because she hates leather. I suggested assist steps(black) and crossbows(black).
Old 06-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2sin:
wow... I have a 14 year old in the house and all he does is chat on AIM and plays games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot talking on the phone ceaselessly. Our fourteen year old just wants my Hummer. Now why does she say "When you die, do I get the H1?" Gives me shivers...

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 06-09-2005, 06:30 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

Thanks! This is the best review on the H3 I have read yet!
Old 06-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

You write very well for a 14 year old.....you should consider journalism.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:11 AM

RT0870 is off the scale

Well......I had the priviledge of test driving a Yellow Lux today, and here is a review from a 34 year old:

Interior: Right on. The ebony leather on the seats was nice and supple (smelled good, too), and very comfortable. The instrument cluster and radio controls were very well laid out and spaced enough apart that you didn't have to worry about hitting the wrong button, or spending too much time searching for a particular function. The 6 disc stereo/Monsoon sounded great. I believe it would have sounded better if noone was around and I could really crank it up! The steering wheel is FAT, and I do mean thick and chubby. It was a nice change from the narrow wheel in my Jeep GC. Very quiet ride, little or no road noise when moving along at 70mph. Even with the sunroof open.

Speaking of the sunroof: Two words...."FREAKIN" HUGE"!! Loved it!!

The size of the cabin was perfect for me. I'm 5'8", and had all kinds of legroom, in the front AND back. Headroom was equally spacious. I will say, though, that the windows are small compared to those in other vehicles.....but I like. As someone mentioned in another post, the "sill" of the window is up kinda high, and putting the ol' elbow out feels a bit weird at first, but I'm sure one would get used to it. One thing worth mentioning about the windows....I had a problem when I rested my elbow on the door handle/rest - it rests right on the window controls, and I kept rolling down the back right window.

The cargo area was as large, if not larger than what I have in the GC. I really liked the fact it was all plastic/rubber. No carpet back there to get dirty, ripped, stained, etc.

Exterior: Chrome package - not as bad as I had imagined from reading previous posts. All the handles were solid, and the mirrors looked really good. I'm not tall enough to get a good look at the crossbows (no jokes please), but I'm sure they were on par, too. The wheels look REALLY good, as well as the tubular side steps.

All 4 doors, rear door, and hood sounded really tight when opening/closing. The assist strut on the rear door helps a bunch when opening, and offered a bit of resistance when closing....that's one big a$$ door, ya know.

Brushbar was super solid. I looked it over pretty closely, and it didn't look so complicated a regular person couldn't mount it by themselves....in order to save some added expense. I could be wrong, but it looked like it was mounted with the same bolts that the D-rings utilize. Ahh yes, the D-rings - for whatever reason, I thought they would be loose, like the ones you see on "lowboy" trailers....you know, clikkity clangin' while you're driving down the road. NOT!! Apparently, there are some hidden rubber bushings somewhere (or something like that), because I had to really grab and pull on them to make them move.

Drive: Sits high and solid. You get a very good view of the road ahead of you. It felt "big" on the road. To me, it feel like my Chevy 2500HD Diesel worktruck. Doesn't feel like a Jeep, or a small truck for that matter. I know some have said it is "so tiny", but I must respectfully disagree.

Power - Compared to my GC with a 4.0 V6, it responds as well, or better. The salesman rode with me, so I couldn't really "get on it" if ya know what I mean. But, with what I could do, I was pleased with it's performance. No problem merging on the interstate, no problem passing, and no problem ascending a decent hill. Again, this is compared to a V6.

I have but two peeves - 1) The tire size on the Lux. IMHO, the tires appeared to be a little on the small side when I looked at the H3's side profile. The 33's are a much better fit in those fairly big wheel-wells. 2) When looking down at and though the side steps when getting in, they looked like they stuck out a bit much for my liking. Instead of being kind of tucked under the body, they protrude out and away from the it.

All in all, I was VERY pleased with the total package. If the salesman and I could have come to better terms on the deal, I would have driven it home tonight.....and took lotsa lotsa pics for you guys!! But, in the end, we were about $6000 apart on the deal.

Oh well....the MSRP for the model I took for a spin was $38860. I'll wait and see what kind of figures we come up with when they get one in without the Lux and all the chrome......

Stay tuned..............