H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Hummer Professional

iwillnc is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone else experience any of these problems?

First I have an 03, with 53k miles

1. When I press my Recirculate button there is no audible or noticable change in the amount of air to come out. Is this normal

2. The automatic headlights seem to be more time based then brightness outside. There are times in the morning when it's fairly bright outside and there is no needs but all of my lights are on. However over the past few days we've had rainy days and sometimes at 3 PM it's dark as hell and I can't read a damn button on the radio or the info center is extremely hard to see the wortds such as RPM x 1000, is the sun cell bad or is this common?

3. I have a squeek in the rear driver side around the back wheel area, I've sprayed all the suspension and it's still there, it's very noticable when you hit a slight bump with the window down, could it be a bearing or what else?

4. I've had a leak coming from the roof i've removed the headliner and I've found that the leak is coming from the sun roof frame. Beside the Side roof drain their is a square hole and back of that is a screw hole, they both easily can be leaked on from the drain, the simply drain onto the headlinerwhich then goes down the passenger side A pillar getting drops on to the dash above the airbag and the passenger floorboard

5. where can I find the clips for the drinkholder the metal ones that hold it down,?
Old 04-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Hummer Professional

Default Re: Anyone else experience any of these problems?

one more thing, how do I add pics?

I'm using a phone camera and even it is too powerful for what this forum can handle, they need to update this site, the size of pictures allowed are what you would expect in 1998.

How can I lower the resolution?
Old 04-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Hummer Professional

Name:  IMG_20110405_183938.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  89.5 KB

pic of suunroof, first pic I ever posted on these forums so deal with it haha

It looks like there should be a slot of metal that should screw down on the frame, and since it's missing it's able to allow water in
Old 04-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillnc
First I have an 03, with 53k miles

1. When I press my Recirculate button there is no audible or noticable change in the amount of air to come out. Is this normal. Could be the AC control unit itself...I've had all kinds of quirky problems with these units (both part numbers). The AC control unit in the 03-07s are, IMO, very unreliable. I'm on my way to pickup my third new unit from the dealer this evening...and those damn bulbs don't last for sh!t either. I've always got a light out on one of the buttons.

2. The automatic headlights seem to be more time based then brightness outside. There are times in the morning when it's fairly bright outside and there is no needs but all of my lights are on. However over the past few days we've had rainy days and sometimes at 3 PM it's dark as hell and I can't read a damn button on the radio or the info center is extremely hard to see the wortds such as RPM x 1000, is the sun cell bad or is this common? You might be on to something...sounds like a bad sensor. I've never had those issues with my 05

3. I have a squeek in the rear driver side around the back wheel area, I've sprayed all the suspension and it's still there, it's very noticable when you hit a slight bump with the window down, could it be a bearing or what else? Any spots to lube back there with a grease gun? I haven't been under the rear in a while...can't remember. In reality, what doesn't squeak on these rigs...it's part of the charm.

4. I've had a leak coming from the roof i've removed the headliner and I've found that the leak is coming from the sun roof frame. Beside the Side roof drain their is a square hole and back of that is a screw hole, they both easily can be leaked on from the drain, the simply drain onto the headlinerwhich then goes down the passenger side A pillar getting drops on to the dash above the airbag and the passenger floorboard Dunno about this one.

5. where can I find the clips for the drinkholder the metal ones that hold it down,? Usually inside the console...way down in a nook that you just can't reach with normal manhands. I had to buy one of those magnetic sticks and just fish around for mine one day. Also, the dealer typically has bins of these, I picked some other clips up for free from the dealer before. Worth a shot.

Hope this helps...
Old 04-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Hummer Professional

Thanks man, yea I looked at the sunroof again it's wierd, a put a screw in the other hole because it didn't quite, and so far so well..

AC control unit, I bet that's easily $500 so I can live without that...

I'm unaware of any grease points on the back end, but that damn squeek is about to get the best of me, Ive sprayed the hell out of everything out their, even up into the shocks, I also sprayed the entire wheel and brake assembly... which seems to help for a little while

Def gonna get a shop manual

Last edited by iwillnc : 04-16-2011 at 08:05 PM.