H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-27-2003, 09:40 AM

Chewy is off the scale

Folks,

I've been lurking on this forum for a couple
of months - you folks are the best and make this a really informative group.

Today's the day I pull the trigger on my H2!
(The wife finally gave the thumbs up ;-).
I have a GM supplier discount and was wondering
if it's a wash cost-wise to go with a 2003 or 2004, or if I can do better on a 2003 because of the inventory glut (my local delaer is showing 88 2003 H2's in stock!). Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:40 AM

Chewy is off the scale

Folks,

I've been lurking on this forum for a couple
of months - you folks are the best and make this a really informative group.

Today's the day I pull the trigger on my H2!
(The wife finally gave the thumbs up ;-).
I have a GM supplier discount and was wondering
if it's a wash cost-wise to go with a 2003 or 2004, or if I can do better on a 2003 because of the inventory glut (my local delaer is showing 88 2003 H2's in stock!). Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:43 AM

CTHUMMER2 is off the scale

Chewy --- please share your story as I am a few months behind you insofar as "trigger-pulling" is concerned but also have the GMS discount paper work in hand good thru 12-03. What little I've seen so far indicates a $725 price increase in MSRP and option prices same as '03?? ... Are you thinking that you can get add'l $ off beyond the GMS discount?? .. that seems strange to me in light of the conversations I've had with (3) separate dealers who have already agreed to take my GMS.

Brian
Old 08-27-2003, 12:06 PM

czar is off the scale

In my past experience the only way you can get under GMS is if there are additional incentives to buy ie: $$'s off msrp. Dealers are supposed to honor the incentives even if it is GMS purchase, GM reimburses the dealership. (as long as the incentive applies to the vehicle being purchased)
Old 08-27-2003, 12:52 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

You should get GMS pricing plus and additional $2000 off since there is a $2000 factory to dealer incentive now.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 08-27-2003, 01:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

RMST is off the scale

Is GMS pricing 20% off invoice?
Old 08-27-2003, 02:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Chewy, I purchase a GMS vehicle each year so here is how you do it.

First, the dealer cannot mess with a GMS price. They are audited albeit infrequent, so you can be confident you are getting an accurate price. Second, 89 vette is correct in saying any other factory incentives are in addition to your GMS price, however, beware some dealers won't tell you this so you need to be proactive about it. Third, equally important is your financing rate. They could try to sting you there so check around, make sure your dealer is rated platinum because they get better rates from GM and are able to pass them along. This could be up to 1% savings from dealer to dealer. Most often I go with GMAC finance. You are probably eligible for incentives with the finance as well but you can check at gmfamilyfirst.com to be sure. Don't let them stick you for the extras ie. side steps, roof rack, chrome wheels etc, on-star sucks so don't pay for any extra services. On-star does, however, reduce your insurance rate because the vehicle can be tracked if stolen. Be sure to advise your insurance agent of this.

Most of this is my experience in buying many GMS vehicles with a couple of opinions.

Good Luck and try to enjoy the process.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:00 AM

Chewy is off the scale

Thanks for all of the replys. Turns out (as some of you thought) you get the $2000 incentive on top of the GMS discount. So I'm getting a LUX with sunroof, third row seat, and air suspension. Sticker is ~$55,000, GMS price is ~$48,000, so final price is ~$46,000.

Thanks Buckeye for the heads up on the financing, I'll be having that discussion today. If all goes well, it's in my driveway tonight!

BTW, the dealer threw in an Airraid setup, Borla headers and a Corsa Touring exhaust system for $2200 installed. Their normal pricing would have been $3400, so I'm pleased (and a bit surprised) that they discounted that too.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:33 AM

Chewy --- Do you mind revealing who your dealer is? What color did you go with??

Brian
Old 08-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Way to go Chewy! Get a great finance rate and you will be the purchase hero for all. Nice job getting the discounts on the aftermarket stuff too!

Remember, you must post a pic of your new ride when you bring it home
Old 08-28-2003, 12:46 PM

Chewy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CTHUMMER2:
Chewy --- Do you mind revealing who your dealer is? What color did you go with??

Brian<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all. It's Criswell Hummer in Gaithersburg, MD. (www.criswellhummer.com).
After a long running debate between black and yellow, I went with black.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:43 PM

Lenny is off the scale

Thinking of an H2 and Criswell is near my home..

What is the GMS price? Who can qualify
for it?

Seems H2 has alot of inventory and prices are great!
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:06 PM

Thanks Chewy ... great job ... love both colors, in fact just did a 24 hr test drive w/ a black one in Florida last month while on VACA .... but the Vette is Black .. so my H2 will be Yellow!

Brian

Lenny - GMS discount is a discount program offered to employees of companies (suppliers) that do business with GM. My company (United Technologies Corp.) does, so I put in the paperwork they required (back in April) and they sent me back a form which I present to the dealer through 12-03 enabling me a big discount off MSRP ... for my Hummer it works out to @ $5K. This thread and Chewy made me realize that dealer incentives (currently $2K) are over and above that figure. Not a bad deal.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:15 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

GMS is the GM Sold price reserved for direct employees and eligable family members. You are buying ir for the GM Supplier price which is employee price + 4%. I'm surprised that your supplier price is that much off. Usually the supplier price is about $4.5K off sticker plus the rebate for a total of $6.5K. My truck sticker was $53965 and I bought it for $47390 or $6575.00 off sticker. An employee could have bought it for around $45.5K.

I mention this because I thought my supplier certificate was good for GMS pricing but I was wrong. The supplier price is like a couple hundred over invoice.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade

[This message was edited by 89vette on 08-28-03 at 11:26 AM.]
Old 08-29-2003, 08:53 AM

Chewy is off the scale

89vette - You are correct. I closed the deal last night. I found out that (as you said) there is a difference between GMS pricing, which is for GM employees, and GM supplier pricing, which is what I had. (Silly me to think that GMS might stand for GM Supplier).

When they went to finalize the deal, they realized the mistake. So my final deal was sticker $55,140 minus GM supplier discount of ~$4700 minus $2000 rebate -> ~$48,500.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:22 AM

Chewy ... thanks for the clarification .. those #'s now make total sense to me as I was quoted $4574 off my H2 (GM supplier disc.) ... sounds like you did great. Enjoy your HUMMER!!!

Brian
Old 08-29-2003, 11:42 AM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I thought the same thing. GMS=GM Supplier seemed logical. The important thing is that you got your H2! Enjoy it and be prepared to get to know the folks at the local gas station very well. I'm thinking of puttng a mailbox there.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 08-29-2003, 12:24 PM

Chewy is off the scale

Thanks to all. I'm on cloud 9!

Next step is to pick a vanity plate. I just

checked and "F ELF" is available. Do you

think that's begging for trouble?
Old 08-29-2003, 12:35 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

My H2 stickered for $54,690, and then with GMS it was $50,110 and then after $2000 incentive cash it was $48,110... Then I put another $4000 on top of that so, there you have I paid $44,110 and it was simple, and thanks to Jim March for the help in my time of need...
Old 08-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Great idea! May want to consider FU ELF or FK ELF! Do you remember those decals of Mickey Mouse in the early 80's during the Iran Hostage Crisis? They had Mickey flipping the bird with the slogan "Hey Iran" underneath. We need something like that.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade