H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-20-2003, 10:33 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

Many of you most likely already know this. Piaa 580's will not fit on a Gobi Roof Rack. Damn I do now.

Took a rare afternoon off.. Stopped at Home Depot.. THey won't put the 30 sheets ofdry wall in barn only throw in driveway..Damn

Get home went to install my four new Piaa 580"s on my H2.. Won't fit..inside the Gobi rack

Damn..

So decided to install new steering wheel on my 1969 C10.. Adaptor has no instructions.. and doesn't fit right..After call to COmpany ( no real help) dremel tooled it into submission.. Now the damn steering wheel will not fit on the adaptor..

Damn..Damn.. double damn... Take the steering wheel back tommorrow..

I special ordered the Piaas for 4x Performance.. not their fault they won't fit.. Oh well gives me an excuse to look for brush guard that will hold them all..

Will the 500's or the 520"s fit in the Gobi Rack.. of course I could customize the brackets and mount the lights forward of the rack rather behind the front bar..

Damn ..now I have a headache from all that thinking.

Thanks to any one you listened.. The wife just won't understand carproblem venting.

Mike
Old 11-20-2003, 10:33 PM

Many of you most likely already know this. Piaa 580's will not fit on a Gobi Roof Rack. Damn I do now.

Took a rare afternoon off.. Stopped at Home Depot.. THey won't put the 30 sheets ofdry wall in barn only throw in driveway..Damn

Get home went to install my four new Piaa 580"s on my H2.. Won't fit..inside the Gobi rack

Damn..

So decided to install new steering wheel on my 1969 C10.. Adaptor has no instructions.. and doesn't fit right..After call to COmpany ( no real help) dremel tooled it into submission.. Now the damn steering wheel will not fit on the adaptor..

Damn..Damn.. double damn... Take the steering wheel back tommorrow..

I special ordered the Piaas for 4x Performance.. not their fault they won't fit.. Oh well gives me an excuse to look for brush guard that will hold them all..

Will the 500's or the 520"s fit in the Gobi Rack.. of course I could customize the brackets and mount the lights forward of the rack rather behind the front bar..

Damn ..now I have a headache from all that thinking.

Thanks to any one you listened.. The wife just won't understand carproblem venting.

Mike
Old 11-20-2003, 11:26 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I totally hear & feel for ya bro...

I HATE when I'm working on something and need a part or something doesn't fit right. Extremely frustrating. Hey...how about this one:

I had the 2 in for some routine service, little stuff...windshield moulding, seat issue, etc. I return the rental Ford Expedition (total piece of crap!!!) and tell them that I have a kid-seat and a bag of parts from Home Depot in the back seat of the Ford. They told me to just leave the stuff in the car until my 2 came up...then I could transfer the stuff over.

I go to nag the Hummer Salesman...when I come back the 2 is up front....but the Ford is gone...along with my stuff. Morons!

So they get on the horn and ask the guy to come back. This should take about 3 minutes. 15 minutes later the putz still hadn't come back. Of course, when called...."he just left". The putz comes back and has the kiddie seat and one item from the Home Depot bag. Where's the other stuff??? You can actually see the hamster running slowly in this guys fragile little mind.

Out of disgust, I tell them I'll drive to the Enterprise rent-a-dump and get my own stuff.

You know what I've found....1 out of every 4 Americans are afflicted with stupidity. I suspect he was figuring the bag of Depot goodies where his to snag. It's one thing to pick up coins on the floor...another to steal.

Let me steal & amend Dennis's latest line:

It's a SAD world after all.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:46 AM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

If you think that only 1 in 4 Americans are stupid, then I find you being VERY open-minded. You are more gracious than I.

gasman
Old 11-21-2003, 01:09 AM

unaslob is off the scale

to solve your problem about the gobi rack.. the rack is sold with PIAA 520's.. if you have the fairing installed, you need to get about 4-6 extra washers to raise the light over the edge of the top of the fairing.

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 11-21-2003, 03:38 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

I have the 580's.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and exhaust, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.
Attached Images

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:22 AM

Appears you did what I was considering. Putting lights forward of the bars ( outside the rack.. ) I may do this if it does not interfer with my 911 light bar.. Thanks

Mike
Old 11-21-2003, 11:33 AM

unaslob is off the scale

tbarrow, is that the regular stock fairing that you have on.. it doesnt have the GOBI stickers on it. I would rather what you have, dont feel like a corporate schill..

it looks lower as well, I dont think you could get those lights over the stock one.

very interested in putting something a bit more powerful on the roof.

did you do anything different with the rear lights???

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 11-21-2003, 11:40 AM

Not sure what he did with farring.. After I put the lower (2") brackets on. I removed the farring completely. The wind noise almost completely gone after I lowered the rack and removed the farring.. Hope that helps..

Mike
Old 11-22-2003, 12:33 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

I have the 2" brackets and you have a shorter fairing with them. The 580 lights fit in the rack except for 3/4" that sits out some ( grills). I had the fairing shipped with no logo. The rear is the regular lights Gobi sells.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and exhaust, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:01 PM

Thanks for info.. I purchased 4 more lights, 520 Piaas.. I will used them.. AS I need some room for my 911 light sticks..

I did not get the lower farring. Gobi orginally sent the unti with 4".. After a phone call they sent me the 2" brackets.

Thanks again.

Mike