H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

meathook is off the scale

I have a 2004 hummer h2, the dealer tried 3x to repair the steering to no avail,when at a stand still with foot on brake power steering failure,anyone else have this as well and what is the fix if any ?? had new linkage stering box and pump stuill same problem.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

I have a 2004 hummer h2, the dealer tried 3x to repair the steering to no avail,when at a stand still with foot on brake power steering failure,anyone else have this as well and what is the fix if any ?? had new linkage stering box and pump stuill same problem.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

Planohummer is an unknown quantity at this point

set tires to 40 PSI. Past that not much you can do. steering wheel should free up as soon as you release brake pedal.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

well i dont get it we pay all this money for a hummer,and there is no fix isnt this a breach of the warranty?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:15 PM

why are you trying to turn while stopped?

you'll break a tie rod, then you'll need an alignment. there's an expert on alignments here that can fill you in, and i have 2 tie rod ends if you need them, just pay shipping.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shorterbus:
you'll break a tie rod, then you'll need an alignment. there's an expert on alignments here that can fill you in... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny right there!
Old 12-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Banned

R2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shorterbus:
you'll break a tie rod, then you'll need an alignment. there's an expert on alignments here that can fill you in... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny right there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You idiot yes he need a allingemente u priked fat farm boy.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomp*:
You idiot yes he need a allingemente u priked fat farm boy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Damn, that hurts to read.

It's not unusual for the wheel to be hard to turn at a stand-still with your foot on the brake. BTW, you can run around 45-50 psi in those tires.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomp*:
You idiot yes he need a allingemente u priked fat farm boy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rarrrhhhhh11!!
Old 12-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Is tomp the fag everyone has been laughing about?

Need to catch up on the read.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember H2F AND his wife pulling on the steering wheel when they were climbing Hell's Gate? Now that was funny to watch.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Did I mention she likes to re-arrange the furniture, on her own, when she's bored?

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">(Cracking the whip developes strong arm muscles I guess...)</pre>
Old 12-21-2005, 11:31 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You idiot yes he need a allingemente u priked fat farm boy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

since when does wearing a helmet to school mean i grew up on a farm?
Old 12-22-2005, 12:01 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:

That's funny right there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You idiot yes he need a allingemente u priked fat farm boy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>is that penitentiary talk?
Old 12-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Planohummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by meathook:
well i dont get it we pay all this money for a hummer,and there is no fix isnt this a breach of the warranty? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Let me know how that conversation with a mediator/state judge turns out for you.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

This condition is called "Static Steering". It is very common for ANY vehicle, not just Hummers, with large contact tires (read that as tall and wide). If you attempt to pull against these forces, you will either break the steering pump shaft by overpressure or cause damage to the steering gear itself. The "fix" is to allow tire movement by letting your foot off the brake in a controlled manner while steering in the direction you wish to go.

Learn to drive the vehicle properly and you'll enjoy it.

Or, you could be a pussy and whine about the cost of the vehicle and how it doesn't drive like your Mercedes or your old Excursion. So, quit riding the brake pedal and turn off your turn signal when you complete your lane change, the truck won't do that for you either!

I'm grouchy today, so piss off!
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 12-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by meathook:
well i dont get it we pay all this money for a hummer,and there is no fix isnt this a breach of the warranty? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, another thing...

Where in the warranty does it say it covers inept driving skills?

Moron.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 12-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Hummer Expert

OldHiker is an unknown quantity at this point

I have this all the time when wheeling. No one could fix. Excuse is that the brake system and power steering are linked.

I release the brake very slightly and it immediately releases the steering. BTW - I asked the same question several months ago with about the same replies.

Live with it. I won't drive another vehicle.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well i dont get it we pay all this money for a hummer,and there is no fix isnt this a breach of the warranty? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's all an illusion. None of us bought a "Hummer." We bought Tahoes and put some new body panels on them. You were just stupid for falling for the marketing and buying a pretend vehicle that doesn't really exist.

That's why we don't have problems with our steering or paint peeling off our baby steps.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

hey GM Parts Guy iam not a moron iam a helicopter pilot , so when you make a comment like that i can only belive that you have no f-----ing clue you know what you are talking about
and furthermore if GM cant build a simple vehicle to work,it shouldnt be my money to test a product that has problems,and if you are really a GM parts guy than i will excuse you form your comment,you cant help yourself its caused from blowing yourself!