H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how much is my '03 H2 worth?

I still don't get the whole "upgrade from 03 to 07" thing. What does this get you? The H2 hasn't changed significantly. All you are doing is spending $25K and that value will depreciate to nothing in 3 years. But I do see a lot of people doing it. I have no idea why.

I'm sticking with my 03 for many more years. Ir would take an option like a bigger engine to get me to switch. But I wouldn't be buying a new one. I'd wait a couple years and get a bargain basement price.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Hummer Professional

CBR_Raven is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
I still don't get the whole "upgrade from 03 to 07" thing. What does this get you? The H2 hasn't changed significantly. All you are doing is spending $25K and that value will depreciate to nothing in 3 years. But I do see a lot of people doing it. I have no idea why.

I'm sticking with my 03 for many more years. Ir would take an option like a bigger engine to get me to switch. But I wouldn't be buying a new one. I'd wait a couple years and get a bargain basement price.

yeah, you have a good point...i don't know, i guess i just get the itch for something new every 2-3 years

2018 Polaris GEM e4
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo RR
2024 Rivian R1S Adventure
2024 GMC Sierra AT4X HD
2024 GMC Hummer EV 2X SUV
Old 01-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

keep it and take a bath on something else
Old 01-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_Raven
yeah, you have a good point...i don't know, i guess i just get the itch for something new every 2-3 years

I've been there done that. I used to buy a new Grand Cherokee every 2-3 years. Man, I wasted a LOT of money buying the same dang car all the time, eating a $20K depreciation every three years. I will never buy new again.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I've been there done that. I used to buy a new Grand Cherokee every 2-3 years. Man, I wasted a LOT of money buying the same dang car all the time, eating a $20K depreciation every three years. I will never buy new again.
For a minute I thought this was posted by Tim.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
For a minute I thought this was posted by Tim.

Ahhh!

CHummer.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

i bought a very slightly used 2006 LUX for $52K, had 2800 miles on it, stickered for $63K.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 01-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Hummer Professional

Captain of the Titanic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejr
i bought a very slightly used 2006 LUX for $52K, had 2800 miles on it, stickered for $63K.

2800 miles is definitely still new. Nice savings of $11000!

Hell, that $11,000 would by a decide Harley if you shopped around!

2006 Twilight Maroon H2, Procomp 6001 rims, 35" X 12.5 X 17 Xterrain tires, Ram over-the-hood brush guard, Jet Stage I, Warn 9.5 winch and winch bumper, Hedman Headers, K&N Air charger, Lightforce driving lights, a little CHROME for good measure

2006 Victory Red H3 (The Titanic), R.I.P. - It didn't float

1968 Mustang GT convertible

2005 Harley Davidson Hertitage Softail, Stage I, Vance and Hines Big Shot Longs - Sold

2004 Jaguar S-Type (the wifemobile)
Old 01-11-2007, 03:19 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

yup...was a great savings....and it still had that new hummer smell! Couldnt pass it up. I kinda liked letting the prior owner take the pounding instead of me for a change.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 01-11-2007, 04:07 AM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
yup...was a great savings....and it still had that new hummer smell! Couldnt pass it up. I kinda liked letting the prior owner take the pounding instead of me for a change.

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 01-11-2007, 04:16 AM
Hummer Professional

Goalkeeper has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

I feel the same way...awhile back, prior to the 07 release, I inquired about the 07 updates. I didn't think they were enough to get me to upgrade from my 03.

I may look to trade up when the 08's come out...but we'll see. I just paid off my 03 so who knows...

-Matt
01 - Ducati 748 Bip, Yellow- Giddy Up!!
Old 01-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Mikejr
Thought I would relate to You how good a deal you got also.
My 2005 Stealth Gray with chrome package which included the chromed wheels, well everything except NAV. It listed for $67,930 with air ride I got it for around $53,000 new if i remember right, been a little bit since I did deal. I paid for it in May 15, 2004 which it was not to be sold untl later in summer, I guess building inventory? I just told them I'm here now so sell or I got 4 others lined up in Dallas TX, Springfield MO, St.Louis MO, and Raliegh NC.
So considering You got yours 2 years or more after i got my 2005 and I have around 12,000 miles the price has held down quite well for You and I feel You got a great deal.

Anyone looking at trading for 2006 H2's that are left around are being discounted real heavily around my part of the world in central Arkansas. My dealer said that anyone I bring can have invoice plus a little reguardless of year. This could change if Hummer comes out with diesel of course then on that rig price would be tougher I would guess. Have a couple in works for friends so will be able to see how it works out. It is easy to go online and figure what invoice is to get a feel of what i may be able to help anyone with.

My dealer is a sponsor on the show Queen. Dragon and i go and represent them at car shows sometime compete in contest that Our dealer is a sponsor of just to help push their name by winning easily in local shows. Do not know if it would be of much help to any but, thought I would mention it since He made offer to Me that if I bring in anyone that is Buddy He will work hard for Me and Buddies. I get nothing out of deal and would not do that to friends or forum Buds. Well really anyone I would help if I can. He did mention of course that if there are trade ins then to be sure the friend understood that it could change the deal some but, He would work hard to make it come out well. Selling Yours first would most likely help You come out better anyway buying from my dealer with no trade involved. That is another area I hope maybe Dragon and I can help is see what dealer wants to offer on trade then He and I buy it for a little more to have to make diesel conversions and resell them.

Dragon and I are looking at getting into diesel upgrades say for guys that have 2003 or 2004 that still have great looking rigs and maintained where they could convert to diesel and still have quite a bit less invested than if they went out and traded up. Plus we are looking at just buying 03's and 04's at auction to convert to diesel and resell Ourselves. When we put the numbers down it looks like i think a guy would be happier keeping his older model but, have that turbo diesel logo on the side and save allot over new H2's. We are just off I-40 running east and west and not far up from I-30 from Dallas,TX. Close to full service airport and have a small very nice city airport in Conway, AR for those who would fly in with personal plane and We can pick you up from either airfield.

We are looking into developing a financing setup for guys interested in conversion to diesel and I'm discussing options with a supplier of new factory engines to low mileage motors which would lower cost for drop in ready. We have a finance program now for most anything else you could buy like tire and rim mounted sets shipped, Visulogic screens or complete units with DVD and Pioneer head units as well as others etc.. Our Magnuson Superchargers in powder coated model is priced lower than anyone we know of on purpose so that it falls under the $4500 credit line the company allows although with down payment which is required many things could make it under the $4500 or so limit even the polished supercharger. Dragon may have got limit raised but, will not raise prices. I have not seen a sell price on Magnuson SP's yet which match's what Dragon has done as We felt sell more for less rather than making allot on a few. Make it more affordable for allot of Buds.

Customers have been pleased with it so far or unless Dragon has encountered problems I do not know about yet. You could call him or email and find out. With Me having gotten ill again over the last 3 to 4 months and My Mom dying on Christmas Day her own Mothers birthday last 4 months have been real tough and Dragon has just dealt with everything and not loaded Me up with anything unless He needs to. Dragon I Thank You for that consideration and the thoughtfull friend You are.
OK the mushy stuff is past but, I have learned even just turning 50 sometimes You do not say these things enough to people to show graditude.

Well anyway Mikejr You can see You did a good job on Your H2 purchase considering price was vey close to my 2005 even with Me buying it while Hummer craze was still strong in 2004 and not long after i got my H2 the fuel started up in price. So anyone that can match what I did with newer model has done well and I commend You all.

Well if I have raised any questions please let Me know or contact Dragon.

Happy New year to All.

TAZ

Quote:
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Anyone looking at trading for 2006 H2's that are left around are being discounted real heavily around my part of the world in central Arkansas.

Taz,
I didn't have the time to read your entire post, but I have people going through it now and will briefed on the highlights later.

Anyway, I see this stuff about "big discounts" and "cash back", but it's pretty meaningless. That implies that it's now 'economical' to buy a new one when it's not. The value of the H2 depreciates about 8,000-10,000 per year. A $6K cash back discount doesn't even cover what you'll lose in value in the first year.