H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-25-2005, 01:31 PM

Bill Kervaski is off the scale

Hey guys, I just bought a new SUT and don't necessarily want to tear it up yet but I want to go to Moab this year, what kind of damage can be expected?
Old 06-25-2005, 01:31 PM

Bill Kervaski is off the scale

Hey guys, I just bought a new SUT and don't necessarily want to tear it up yet but I want to go to Moab this year, what kind of damage can be expected?
Old 06-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

None if you are careful. Most of the Moderate to Difficult trails in Moab can be done in an H2 with no damage what so ever if you are either an expirenced (I can never spell that word right) off-roader, or have a good spotter.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

GeneseeMtn is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey guys, I just bought a new SUT and don't necessarily want to tear it up yet but I want to go to Moab this year, what kind of damage can be expected?

- Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll be fine. Moab has many levels of difficulty & some of the hard obstacles have bypasses. If you go with the hummer club http://www.thehummerclubinc.com, there's no chance of body damage because they're so careful.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeneseeMtn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey guys, I just bought a new SUT and don't necessarily want to tear it up yet but I want to go to Moab this year, what kind of damage can be expected?

- Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll be fine. Moab has many levels of difficulty & some of the hard obstacles have bypasses. If you go with the hummer club http://www.thehummerclubinc.com, there's no chance of body damage because they're so careful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't say "no" chance but it is a drastically reduced possibility. Just prepare yourself for a kickass time!

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 06-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeneseeMtn:
You'll be fine. Moab has many levels of difficulty & some of the hard obstacles have bypasses. If you go with the H2 club there's a rare chance of body damage or breakdowns because they're in more reliable Hummers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FIXED

My Video Collectionez

Old 06-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll be fine. Moab has many levels of difficulty & some of the hard obstacles have bypasses. If you go with the H2 club there's a rare chance of body damage or breakdowns because they're in more reliable Hummers. Unless you are in an S10 which is guarenteed to break something everytime. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

You might consider these for the sides and a bra or cables (front of hood to front of roof) for the hood. Almost all my scratches buffed out 100%, but I'm considering the shields.

On the other hand, you should probably expect some hard knocks and dents to your skid plate, cage and frame. Nothing too significant, just part of the game.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:
You might consider these for the sides and a bra or cables (front of hood to front of roof) for the hood. Almost all my scratches buffed out 100%, but I'm considering the shields.

On the other hand, you should probably expect some soft knocks and dings to your skid plate, cage and frame. Nothing too significant, just part of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
FIXED!
Don't worry Billy Bob from Birmingham, there's plenty of trails in Moab to choose from. Take Lions Back for example. You'll never even touch the bottom or the sides of your truck at all! But the drivers seat may need a little repair.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:46 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't need the side shields or cables going to the roof. WTH? If you are wise to which trails to stay away from, there will be little to no brush to scratch up your sides. Your skid plates will take a beating along with your frame and possibly the rock rails. I have been to Moab with the CO group(s) four times and the worst I have done for damage is I had to replace the skidplate.... and that's because I had a Canadian chasing me durring our Moab 2000 baja race.

You may want to consider off roading your vehicle a few times and than head out there with a couple of people that have run the trails or hire Dan Mick (local trail guide) to take you through.

It's a blast!
Old 06-26-2005, 02:01 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll be fine. Moab has many levels of difficulty & some of the hard obstacles have bypasses. If you go with the hummer kibitzing club there's no chance of body damage because they sit around and politic & whine. And they're a bunch of pussies.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fixed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:
On the other hand, you should probably expect some hard knocks and dents to your skid plate, cage and frame. Nothing too significant, just part of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you'd have listened to your spotter you wouldn't have had any damage, newbie(). You won't have to worry about trail damage next time anyway- you'll be holed up with Blondie and planning your wedding.

Bill, just get your butt to Moab and have fun. No one will push you or pressure you into doing something you're not comfortable with. The only "damage I got was a scraped rock rail, but that was from the Escalator and it was pretty easy to rattle can it back to new.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

My 2 cents worth on the subject. I was a complete newbie when I went to Moab with the group from this forum. I had Absolutely no body damage, a few pin stripes that buffed out without any trouble. Trust your spotter, try to listen to just one guy, too much input can get a fellow confused. Take things slow. Let the truck do the work. You can expect some frame rail scratches and scrapes perhaps a scratch or two on the rock rails and or skid plates but nothing to serious so long as you don't go gonzo and try and duplicate what you've seen in the Baja 1000. If you are anal about your paint the magnetic shields will help on the doors and rear panels but the hood and front fenders are fair game unless you go with a bra to protect the front end. But like Tim says, trail choice is important or just carry something to clear the brush away if things look to narrow or you see the guy in front of you getting his share of pin striping.