H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Elcova Rookie

beastie is on a distinguished road
Default Heated Seats

Bought my H2 a couple of weeks ago, it was 90 degrees out at the time so I didn't check the heated seats......

At the dealer they said that the seats had been re-upholstered and the heat seat components had been stripped. They can fix but it will cost $2500.

Question: Can I swap in Escalade, Tahoe, Yukon, Silverado, Avalanche, etc. seats they all look similar except for the cover "design".

-or-

Can I add the "tahoe heat pads" (saw that mentioned) and is it plug and play? Is it true that the hummer seat heaters are integrated into the cover? I do have the service manual so I can trace and splice wiring.

Thanks in advance for the help
Old 10-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Heated Seats

I can see redoing the seats, but why someone would actually rip out all the **** seems pretty stupid.

My sluts still going through transformation at my buddys shop, so i can't just go out and look. Service mannuals are there also.

The body control module controls the heated seats, the seat buttons on the doors just send a signal to the computer. Nothing is direct wire controlled anymore. Do you see a disconnected plug under the seat?

IF they are just disconnected and you only need covers w/ the heating elements in them, I just found a set on craigslist-
------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------
Hummer h2 oem leather seats covers with heat - $150 (Winona lake )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-09-17, 8:37AM EDT
Reply to: sale-hestf-2603048895@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I purchased new leather seats covers from factory for my h2 when driver seat side started showing wear I changed all my seats front and back so have a full extra set they are what is called wheat color they look light grey all in good shape except driver bottom which showed wear on side from getting in and out they are heated front and back if you have a damaged set in ur h2 this is what u need you can text me with questions or for pictures they have been stored in box in garage since I removed them text me at seven six five 6039953 thanks and have a great day

?Location: Winona lake
?it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2603048895

Old 10-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Elcova Rookie

beastie is on a distinguished road

Thank MUD, yeah I thought it was pretty stupid also, why not just throw some seat covers on....

They also cut and spliced the wires under the seat to the connector, luckily the wires were all correctly in place for the connector (according to the service manual).

Found some Escalade seats for cheap, swapped out the covers (easier said than done, cut the S%$# out of my fingers). Wired them up everything works, toasty buns, lumbar, etc!! Only difference is that the Escalade seats have airbags in the side with the corresponding extra wires underneath that I did not connect.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

Good job man! Saved a ton of money.