H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

Pure_Justice is on a distinguished road
Default Rear Vision Camera - Black Display

Hello All,

I am trying to troubleshoot a Rear Vision Camera Problem. My Rear Vision Camera is tied to the Navigation System, Factory Installed.

When I engage in Reverse, the rear vision camera will Display the surroundings and come up with a Yellow top bar saying "Check Surrounding"

My problem now is that when in reverse, no surrounding are displayed, but the Yellow Top bar still displays the "Check Surrounding" warning. To me, this means that the rear vision camera is engaging, but receive nothing but total black out on my display.

When in drive or park, the navigation is operating properly. So I don't believe its the navigation system.

Checked the Fuse (Position 37) and also checked underneath the wiring housing for the rear vision camera. Everything looks good. Not receiving any error warning on the display.

Anyone have any ideas? Only thing that comes to mind for me is that the camera itself is dead.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rear Vision Camera - Black Display

Rearview Camera System Does Not Display
  1. <LI type=1>Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the rearview camera. <LI type=1>Test for less than 10 Ω between the ground circuit terminal D and ground.
    ⇒If greater than the specified range, test the ground circuit for an open/high resistance.
    <LI type=1>Ignition ON, verify a test lamp illuminates between the ignition circuit terminal C and ground.
    ⇒If the test lamp does not illuminate, test the control circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance.
    <LI type=1>Park brake applied, transmission in REVERSE, test for B+ between the B+ circuit terminal F and ground.
    ⇒If less than the specified value, test the B+ circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the BCM.
    <LI type=1>Ignition OFF, disconnect the X4 harness connector at the radio. <LI type=1>Ignition ON, test for less than 1 V between the following signal circuit terminals at the rearview camera harness connector and ground:
    ? Signal (+) circuit terminal A
    ? Signal (-) circuit terminal B
    ⇒If greater than the specified range, test the signal circuit for a short to voltage.
    <LI type=1>Test for infinite resistance between the following circuit terminals at the rearview camera harness connector and ground:
    ? Signal (+) circuit terminal A
    ? Signal (-) circuit terminal B
    ⇒If not the specified value, test the circuit for a short to ground.
    <LI type=1>Test for less than 10 Ω between the shield ground circuit terminal E and ground.
    ⇒If greater than the specified range, test the ground circuit for an open/high resistance.
    <LI type=1>Test for less than 2 Ω between the signal (+) circuit terminal A at the rearview camera harness connector and the signal (+) circuit terminal 6 at the radio harness connector
    ⇒If greater than the specified range, test the signal circuit for an open/high resistance.
    <LI type=1>Test for less than 2 Ω between the signal (-) circuit terminal B at the rearview camera harness connector and the signal (-) circuit terminal 7 at the radio harness connector.
    ⇒If greater than the specified range, test the signal circuit for an open/high resistance.
    <LI type=1>If all circuits test normal, test or replace the rearview camera.
  2. Ignition ON, transmission in REVERSE, verify a clear rear vision image is displayed on the radio.
    ⇒If a clear rear vision image is not displayed, replace the radio.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hey HumTech,

Want to write you and thank you for the information. I will try it out sometime this weekend and let you know how I made out.

Greatly Appreciate the response.

Kind Regards,
Old 05-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hello All,

After going thru HumTech's detail troubleshooting, it looks like the trouble is in the Navigational System.

The dealer also confirmed HumTech's troubleshooting steps I went thru this morning.

Thankfully it is still under warranty. They hope to have a new unit in and installed by the end of the week. We will see what happens.

I will keep everyone posted.

Regards,
Old 05-29-2009, 11:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hello All:

Just a follow up on Rear Vision Camera - Black Display problem I was having.

It was the Navigation System. Dealer installed a new one and the rear vision camera is working again. Now I am just dealing with the vehicle clock/system clock issue I left on another post.

Thanks again for your help HumTech!

Regards