H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-31-2005, 02:49 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Darwinism at its finest.
Quote:
Pastor electrocuted while performing baptism
WACO, Texas (AP) -- A pastor performing a baptism was electrocuted inside his church Sunday morning when he adjusted a nearby microphone while standing in water, a church employee said.

The Rev. Kyle Lake, 33, was stepping into the baptistery as he reached out for the microphone, which produced an electric shock, said University Baptist Church community pastor Ben Dudley.

Water in a baptistery usually reaches above the waist, said Byron Weathersbee, interim university chaplain at Baylor University.

Lake was pronounced dead at Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, nursing supervisor Pat Mahl said. The woman being baptized apparently had not stepped into the water and was not seriously injured.

Pastors at University Baptist Church routinely use a microphone during baptisms, said Jamie Dudley, the wife of Ben Dudley and a business administrator at the church.

"He was grabbing the microphone so everyone could hear," she said. "It's the only way you can be loud enough."

About 800 people attended the morning service, which was larger than normal because it was homecoming weekend at nearby Baylor University, Dudley said.

Lake had been at the church for nine years, the last seven as pastor. He is survived by his wife, Jennifer, a 5-year-old daughter and two 3-year-old sons.

At a remembrance attended by about 1,000 people Sunday night at First Baptist Church, Ben Dudley told the UBC congregation that they would move forward as a church.

"I don't know how, when, why, where or what's going to happen, but we will continue as a church in the community because that is what Kyle would have wanted," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas...ectrocuted.ap/
Old 10-31-2005, 02:49 PM
Hummer Messiah

Darwinism at its finest.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Pastor electrocuted while performing baptism
WACO, Texas (AP) -- A pastor performing a baptism was electrocuted inside his church Sunday morning when he adjusted a nearby microphone while standing in water, a church employee said.

The Rev. Kyle Lake, 33, was stepping into the baptistery as he reached out for the microphone, which produced an electric shock, said University Baptist Church community pastor Ben Dudley.

Water in a baptistery usually reaches above the waist, said Byron Weathersbee, interim university chaplain at Baylor University.

Lake was pronounced dead at Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, nursing supervisor Pat Mahl said. The woman being baptized apparently had not stepped into the water and was not seriously injured.

Pastors at University Baptist Church routinely use a microphone during baptisms, said Jamie Dudley, the wife of Ben Dudley and a business administrator at the church.

"He was grabbing the microphone so everyone could hear," she said. "It's the only way you can be loud enough."

About 800 people attended the morning service, which was larger than normal because it was homecoming weekend at nearby Baylor University, Dudley said.

Lake had been at the church for nine years, the last seven as pastor. He is survived by his wife, Jennifer, a 5-year-old daughter and two 3-year-old sons.

At a remembrance attended by about 1,000 people Sunday night at First Baptist Church, Ben Dudley told the UBC congregation that they would move forward as a church.

"I don't know how, when, why, where or what's going to happen, but we will continue as a church in the community because that is what Kyle would have wanted," he said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas...ectrocuted.ap/
Old 10-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you hear me now? BZZZZZZZZZTTTT!!!!!

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-31-2005, 04:05 PM

4churchill is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Can you hear me now? BZZZZZZZZZTTTT!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I blame the microphone manufacturer. There should have been a warning labal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah: WARNING ALL MORONS...do not use this electrical device while standing in water

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 10-31-2005, 04:24 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
I blame the microphone manufacturer. There should have been a warning labal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There should have been one on the pool.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

JohnB.GWU. is off the scale

yes, the microphone needs power, but not that much power. sue sue sue sue sue

how dare that manufacturer develop such a deadly product where a poor, otherwise dumbfounded individual STANDING IN A POOL OF WATER could die from using it. bastards.

here comes a nice $20 million suit...all the while as we watch insurance rates and product prices get higher and higer...
05\' Yellow Lux - BACK TO YELLOW BABY!!!
04 S55 Benz w/Brabus Tuning
Old 10-31-2005, 05:07 PM
Hummer Messiah

I blame the microphone manufacturer. There should have been a warning labal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I blame Jesus. He should have sent a little bird down to tell that nitwit not to do something we ALL learned was a big NO-NO as children. Oh well, at least he gets 72 virgins now.... oh wait, wrong religion.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG!!!!

I bet that was interesting to watch.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2005, 10:55 PM

TootsSUT is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
I blame the microphone manufacturer. There should have been a warning labal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There should have been one on the pool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfect time for my warning label sig change!!

Actual warning label, obviously for the mentally impaired!

\'05 Black SUT LUX/ADV package
Old 10-31-2005, 11:07 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

I knew Kyle Lake very well. I know it's easy to make fun of a freak accident like that, but that freak accident has a wife, 5 year old daughter, and twin 3 year old boys questioning a lot of things right now.

Electricity, like torque, takes the path of least resistance, and when you take a condensor mic connected to a sound system the caliber of the one at UBC, you can put together a pretty big shock.

Make jokes about a lot of things and I'll laugh, but this was a fantastic human being who passed away in a freak accident in front of 800 members of his congregation, including his family. I just don't see the humor I guess.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:24 AM

Bondage is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by aggiehummer...er:
I knew Kyle Lake very well. I know it's easy to make fun of a freak accident like that, but that freak accident has a wife, 5 year old daughter, and twin 3 year old boys questioning a lot of things right now.

QUOTE]

Of course they are questioning. Questioning their faith and their fate. It must be a very difficult for them right now, especially at their young ages. I would suggest sitting them down and calmly letting them know the truth - that sometimes God, in his infinite wisdom, calls the stupid people home, especially when he sees them breeding too much.

Sean
Old 11-01-2005, 12:37 AM

TootsSUT is off the scale

Oh Bond, that was cruel. Definitely funny, but cruel!

Aggie, please understand that if any one of us were standing in his family's shoes, we would find this all quite appalling however we are not. Harmless jokes are all that is going on here.

My condolences to his family.

\'05 Black SUT LUX/ADV package
Old 11-01-2005, 01:24 AM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

I know, it just sucks knowing how great of a guy this world lost yesterday.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:14 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aggiehummer...er:
I know, it just sucks knowing how great of a guy this world lost yesterday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You clearly had a connection to him and his family. Sorry for your lose.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:16 AM
Banned

Dan Rather is an unknown quantity at this point

Dumb ass!!!! Electricity + Jeebus = Dead as door nail!!! Buh-Bye!!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jim_Cantore is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aggiehummer...er:

Make jokes about a lot of things and I'll laugh, but this was a fantastic human being who passed away in a freak accident in front of 800 members of his congregation, including his family. I just don't see the humor I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give it a couple weeks.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: Bish that\'s not cottage cheese!!! You have a yeast infection!!!
Walter_Cronkite is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to agree that God has plans for him.

But what a way to take him out!

God bring teh funnay!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

My Video Collectionez