H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-14-2003, 02:46 AM

NVR STUCK is off the scale

I was at my first Hummer Happening today - it rained all day - but everyone had a great time. I was just getting ready to start on a trail when I notice that I had water dripping out of my dome light (to the rear of the sun roof. No other water just a dome light half full. I thought I remember someone else having the same problem, but can't find it. I have had the drain lines cleared and re-routed on both sides. I was parked on a slight angle with the drivers side rear down an incline. Yes the sunroof was securely closed! I know someone would ask.

No Limits! Your Never Stuck in a Hummer!
Old 09-14-2003, 02:46 AM

I was at my first Hummer Happening today - it rained all day - but everyone had a great time. I was just getting ready to start on a trail when I notice that I had water dripping out of my dome light (to the rear of the sun roof. No other water just a dome light half full. I thought I remember someone else having the same problem, but can't find it. I have had the drain lines cleared and re-routed on both sides. I was parked on a slight angle with the drivers side rear down an incline. Yes the sunroof was securely closed! I know someone would ask.

No Limits! Your Never Stuck in a Hummer!
Old 09-14-2003, 02:58 AM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

I will bet it is coming from one of the front lights on the roof. I would suspect one of the end lights on the right or left. Although, since your truck was (if I read the truck's orientation right)sitting with the left front wheel lower than the rest of the wheels, it could be one of the rear lights on the roof. Anyway, have your dealer figure out the problem.

[This message was edited by H2 Daddy on 09-13-03 at 10:12 PM.]
Old 09-14-2003, 03:26 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

NVR STUCK

The SUNROOF has a front and rear resvoir with a drain in each corner. When either the left side or ight side tube gets clogged or pinched an overflow can occur when the H2 goes off level from side to side.
The amount of water dumped into the dome light - (which happens to be the center low point) can be significant. It is unlikeley it is from one of the front two marker light conduits but it could be. When these areas overflow the water usually drains into the front pull handles and ONSTAR mic area.

Either way it SUX.

Good newa is almost never does the headliner stain and need to be replaced. Get it into the dealer quickly.

Best of luck, Hummer Man
Old 09-19-2003, 05:57 PM

Took it into the dealer today. As I thought about it - I was parked on a hill. Such as you would be in a steep driveway. My dealer told me that it was normal and the sunroof will leak if I park on a hill. I guess that means I can't park in my driveway while it is raining. I have a steep driveway. Anybody else that can't park on a hill. H Man, my dealer said that there are only two drains, both in the front. I guess the dome light must be considered a reservoir!

No Limits! You're Never Stuck in a Hummer!

[This message was edited by NVR STUCK on 09-19-03 at 01:06 PM.]

[This message was edited by NVR STUCK on 09-19-03 at 01:07 PM.]
Old 09-19-2003, 06:06 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

NVR STUCK, That's a pretty lame excuse by your dealer. Make them fix it or tell them since you live on a hill you guess you can't have a hummer. It also is VERY HELPFUL to tell them you are posting their response on THE HUMMER FORUM for everyone to see. This will help to keep them in line. You might want to post the jack ass' name so we all can call him from around the country until they fix your leak.

We're here for ya'