H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dick Renaud is off the scale

Sorry I had to bug out earlier. My subject took off and I have been following him ever since. Back at motel now. My partner took over for the night.

We were worried about you. The new coverage indicated that you go hit pretty god. Hope you didn"t have to big a loss.

Anway, glad your back.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

Sorry I had to bug out earlier. My subject took off and I have been following him ever since. Back at motel now. My partner took over for the night.

We were worried about you. The new coverage indicated that you go hit pretty god. Hope you didn"t have to big a loss.

Anway, glad your back.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Thanks. We got hit hard for where we are. Personally, though, we came out OK. Only about $10K in damage and none of it major.

Been w/o power until today. Had to bug outta here in the middle because the wind forecast was way higher than anticipated and trees were already dropping in the neighborhood. Spent a night in Shreveport and then we did generators down at our ranch for about 2 days and then the whole gas thing kicked in and we couldn't get gas anywhere. Had a friend that got electricity on Friday and then we were able to get back home today.

The city is still locked down at night but it's moved back to midnight. All last week, there was a citywide curfew at 8:00pm, no excuses. I added my AR in my truck along with my CCW because it was getting wierd the first several days.

It's been an interesting week but we were way more lucky than those south of us.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, so I take it you're both in law enforcement??? What the heck's an AR and CCW? I'd guess, but I don't want to look THAT stupid

'03 H2
Old 09-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Hummer Veteran

Our PI assoc recieved several requests for clothes and boots etc from some of your souther counties. The cops were giving away all of thier own clothes to the people in need and suddenly they were also in need. When I left to do the assignment I am currently on, they had two semi loads of clothes, boots and other gear on the road to those counties to provide for the cops from all county, city and state departments. We also were sending food and water for them. No donuts.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Hummer Expert

Marcmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

CCW means you'd best not F with me or you'll get a nice suprise.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:04 AM
Hummer Expert

We're waiting for the word from the state to see when some of us from KC get to go. 2 week deployments to Louisana.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
Ok, so I take it you're both in law enforcement??? What the heck's an AR and CCW? I'd guess, but I don't want to look THAT stupid </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The AR is an AR-15 rifle and a CCW is a concealed weapons permit. Everyone has thier neet little letter jungle.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marcmedic:
We're waiting for the word from the state to see when some of us from KC get to go. 2 week deployments to Louisana. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good man.
I wish I could go,but just had a kidney transplant and am not up to speed yet. I suppose with my suppressed imune system it might not be that good right now. So, just sending money and prayers and whatever else we can dream up.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:13 AM
Hummer Expert

We were supposed to be gone last weekend but FEMA put a stop to everyone leaving. I guess they've had a bunch of agencies self deploy to the area and it's a real FUBAR situation. Not looking forward to riding in an ambulance all the way down there but it's better than in a pumper. At least one of us can lie down in the back and sleep. Had to get a bunch of immunizations last week. What fun.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys ROCK! Glad you're okay, Paragon! Good luck!
Old 09-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

We had a lot of our PIs here join with a couple of companies that are supplying police with tactical and command experience to LA & MS. I would have been there. I have 20yrs State, 8 yrs Sheriff and7 yrs Chief of Police. Lots of tactical and command. After Kidney cancer, 5yrs on dialysis and the transplant I am still working out trying to get muscles back. I am not good at sitting by and not being able to help.
They are still having great coordination problems. Communications is still not that great.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:41 AM
Banned

Marc, for your sake, I hope you deploy later rather than sooner. It's such a clusterf*ck right now and it is just plain nasty. I doubt there is enough immunizations to cover all of the junk that's floating around down there.

I can guarantee that NO will not have a corrupt force from now on. Communications is available and portable units have been available but they didn't deploy any of them. NO and LA held everything up and is responsible for this nightmare. The grunts in the PD and the FD just got no support or direction from upper levels. They never had any plans or contingencies in place and just expected to skate through the storm unscathed.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:45 AM
Hummer Expert

If I don't get sent by 9/21 then I'm off the list until late October. They're talking like we may be down there for months on end helping run ambulance calls. So no matter what I'll still be in town to work the race. I'd rather go sooner than later. The later crews will probably be doing a lot of body recovery.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dick Renaud:
Our PI assoc recieved several requests for clothes and boots etc from some of your souther counties. The cops were giving away all of thier own clothes to the people in need and suddenly they were also in need. When I left to do the assignment I am currently on, they had two semi loads of clothes, boots and other gear on the road to those counties to provide for the cops from all county, city and state departments. We also were sending food and water for them. No donuts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You gotta remember all of their **** is gone too. Their houses were wiped clean along with everyone elses and the cleaners. So they probably had whatever was on their back at the time. Those SOBs have been at it a week and still haven't made it into many areas yet. They are still making helo drops into so many areas because there is still no way in on the ground.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:51 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Dick. Hope you have a good recovery.

'03 H2
Old 09-08-2005, 01:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

It sounds like the LA gov and the NO Mayor should find a new place to live and hope the locals don't lynch them. They dropped the ball and then sat on it yelling for the feds to cover thier buts. The gov didn't sign the executive order for FEMA and the fed troups until Wens. Bush had to call her on Sat to get here to issue the evac order.
Of coarse the Libs at CNN kept making it sound like Bushs fault.
what a mess.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
Thanks Dick. Hope you have a good recovery. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, it just takes to long.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Hummer Expert

I'll bet you don't miss dialysis 3 times a week though! Best wishes in your recovery.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:02 AM
Hummer Veteran

I don't miss it at all. I did 3hrs, four days a week so I could keep doing my PI work. My body didn't handle it well. I was weak going in because of the cancer and was never able to build muscle back because of the electrolyt drain. I am trying to play catch up. but it is a struggle. I will get it back. I am working out 2 hrs every day. It is just to slow.
I just keep my mind real active.