H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-04-2003, 12:27 AM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

Well I finally got my H2 back from the shop after a total of 15 days... After I submitted my list with over 20 things wrong, I get it back with the list narrowed down to only about 5 things that they told me, "those are as good as it will get and no better." PLUS, get this, someone in the shop or at the wash facility actually STOLE OUT OF MY HUMMER!!!!! I was shocked.... I mean it was a compact disc, but to me this was a SPECIAL CD, IT IS MY FAVORITE ARTIST.... So now I am in a situation, they "Ron Carter" tells me this is as good as it will get and another dealer here in town tells me I do not have to deal with that and they want to buy it and put me in a new one...
So we shall see.... Going to give Ron Carter one more shot to make good and possibly put me in a new one cause I will not deal with less than perfect in a 55K Hummer... WOULD YOU???
Old 08-04-2003, 12:27 AM

BADRAP is off the scale

Well I finally got my H2 back from the shop after a total of 15 days... After I submitted my list with over 20 things wrong, I get it back with the list narrowed down to only about 5 things that they told me, "those are as good as it will get and no better." PLUS, get this, someone in the shop or at the wash facility actually STOLE OUT OF MY HUMMER!!!!! I was shocked.... I mean it was a compact disc, but to me this was a SPECIAL CD, IT IS MY FAVORITE ARTIST.... So now I am in a situation, they "Ron Carter" tells me this is as good as it will get and another dealer here in town tells me I do not have to deal with that and they want to buy it and put me in a new one...
So we shall see.... Going to give Ron Carter one more shot to make good and possibly put me in a new one cause I will not deal with less than perfect in a 55K Hummer... WOULD YOU???
Old 08-04-2003, 12:58 AM

Apex IV is off the scale

BADRAP:

First, the [DISCLAIMER] - I have never had any personal or professional dealings with the Ron Carter dealership, so all I can offer is here-say.

OK, that being said, as a former H1 owner, I can remember several people on various off road and Hummer-specific forums complaining about how that dealership treated them with their Hummers. Of course, a few responded with positive stories, etc. but the majority (as I remember) were all about how that dealership's people treated them poorly.

When I had my Hummer(now H1), the local dealership here in San Antonio was horrible. So bad that I finally gave up and sold my H1 to someone who lived in CA. I was ECSTATIC when I learned that Ken Batchelor Cadillac in San Antonio had gotten the Hummer dealership and immediately went down to order an H2. For what it is worth, this dealership (www.kbcad.com) has had a 15+ year reputation of customer service and I cannot recommend them highly enough! The guy to contact there is Craig Cutcher and he is a forum member here, as well ("Ken Batchelor Hummer".) Recently, a guy wrote in here describing problems he's having with his self-installed Xenarc 6024 HID project, and Craig is researching this for him with their techs at the dealership in order to help the guy out.

Anyway, if you are of a mind, you may wish to contact him and see what he can do for you or at least consider them for your next purchase. SERVICE IS EVERYTHING. You know, we're less than 200 miles away... practically "next door" in Texas terms.. :-)

I just traded in my Yellow H2 and purchased 4 Green H2's for my office, and yes, they treated me well, but I have to say that their service was EXCELLENT back when I had just the one H2. Brian Woolard is my service tech at Batchelor and he is top notch.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
Old 08-04-2003, 03:55 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

You just need to give up on Ron Carter. Man, f*ck those guys. I met with Eldon Lutz on Saturday, 8/2, at McGinnis Hummer and Cadillac and we are now done with the H2. I will be purchasing it at the end of August. I would also like to add that Eldon reconfirmed that McGinnis will indeed have a H storefront here in a year. If I were you, I would give Eldon a call. Contact me offlist if you want the number.

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*
Old 08-04-2003, 04:10 AM
Circuitguy

Bad,

Have the dealer put it in wrighting that it is unrepairable. Get it now and get it fast. With that in hand and all your repair orders you can demand GM to buy it back! Threaten them with other actions if they do not do so. It will work and you will be out of that truck very quickly. It worked for me with BMW three times! It will work for you... You can do it my freind! BIG-C

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX
Old 08-04-2003, 09:56 AM

TJ is off the scale

BADRAP: I am truly sorry to hear that they couldn't/wouldn't fix your H2, but if I were you, I wouldn't mess around with this dealer any more. You had a list of over 20 items and they only addressed 5 of them and then told you "that's as good as it will get"?

Make sure you get everything in writing and keep very meticulous and very detailed records, not only the actual service records, but also every time you talk to them, who you talked to and what was said. If they cannot reproduce a problem, make sure that your paperwork lists the problem with along with whatever comment from them...not fixed, unable to reproduce, whatever. This will help protect you later on down the line.

When the brake problems first surfaced on my H2, the dealer was "unable to reproduce" and blamed it on "vehicle size, tire size and road conditions." But amazingly, later on down the line, they did in fact have to do some repairs on my brake system. I can't tell you how many times they said my severe roof rattle was due to the roof rack, either that or they were "unable to reproduce". I told them every time it was NOT the roof rack causing it, even went so far as to have them remove the roof rack altogether to prove it (during which process they also ended up chipping my paint, but that's another story). Of course many months on down the line a different dealer found what was causing my roof rattle right away...loose A pillars/moldings. Had a "SERVICE 4WD" issue, they essentially said it was "operator error", because I wasn't "operating it properly", but amazingly once again, later on down the line they ended up finding transfer case problems. I could go on and on...

But just don't feel too bad about your H2 being in the shop for 15 days though...it could be worse. At last post my H2 had been in for a total of 58 days. Took it back in a couple of weeks ago and I still don't have it back yet, so add yet another couple of weeks to that 58 days now...and the really sad part is that I haven't even had my H2 for a year yet.

No one should have to put up with problems like this on a brand new vehicle, and not even first year models should have these kinds of problems. But, it's not an easy thing to ask GM/Hummer to buy it back or replace it...not even with over 70 days in the shop within the first year of ownership, for problems including not just rattles, but some major safety issues. Just keep very, very, VERY good records, and if the other dealer offers to make the first dealer's and/or GM/Hummer's mistakes right, I would probably consider taking them up on the offer...because believe me, it's a lot easier than trying to fight General Motors. Just make sure that you don't lose any money on the deal. After all, the H2 belongs to you, but the problems belong to GM/Hummer. You bought your H2 in good faith, expect nothing but good faith in return.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:49 AM

BADRAP is off the scale

Well I am going back to have a talk with them today, I know that I want my CD replaced and I am not sure what to do about the other issues, but I will talk to them and get stuff in writing and then talk to Hummer and go from there... Thanks
Old 08-04-2003, 12:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

Doug is off the scale

Well sorry to hear about all the problems. But I will put a plug in for my dealer.
Ramp Hummer of St James NY. Although I had my share of problems (most of them minor) I have to say Ramp has always treated me with the utmost respect and fairness. Never a question, if there's a problem, they adress it.
For anyone in the NY/LI area I highly recommend Ramp for service and sales.

Doug
2003 Metalic Red H2
Adventure Series. w/navigation/Sat Radio/Winch
Old 08-04-2003, 01:16 PM

BADRAP is off the scale

I understand that everyone wants to jump in with a dealer plug and that was not really what I was looking for, I was more looking for an idea as to where to go from here. I think that I have talked to several people and I have an idea now so I am going to the dealership today to have a talk with them. I will post an update as to what takes place and what will be done about this. Thanks again guys...
Old 08-04-2003, 01:36 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

My recommendations:

1. Go back to your normal dealer one more time. Try the "get it in writing" thing (good luck).

2. Try a different, recommended dealer. If they fix it, great! Otherwise…

3. Trade it, even if you lose money (you will). After all, what is all this aggravation worth to you?

I speak from experience. I bought a new 1996 Ford Mustang Cobra. There was an issue with those cars overheating in hot climates. The engine computer would shut down cylinders when too hot. To make a LONG story short, I traded it in on 1996 Corvette. I lost 5K, but I also lost the aggravation as well.

Again, only you can decide what the aggravation is worth to you…

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."
Old 08-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Bad,

I don't know if this is down your alley.
My wife had a hugh disagreement with the Land Rover dealership about warranty work. I'll cut straight to it.

I knew my wife was right (quite rare ) so I drove down to the dealership (in my H2 of course) and met with the manager who knows us well.

My ULTIMATUM was if they did not cover the repair, I would have my guys and company trucks, picket the establishment warning people to stay away.

The thought of bad publicity and lost sales will make these f*ckers jump. It works great. She even got away with a golf shirt. But alas, my shameless plug...Dueck Hummer guys are top notch here. They treat us like everybody else, excellent dealership. Good Luck buddy, Dennis

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-04-2003, 05:41 PM

BADRAP is off the scale

Well I called the dealer and told them that I wanted a price on a new black lux, and I wanted to best deal that they would give me... Also I talked to them about the issues that I am still having with my H2 and they are standing by the "That is as good as it will get theory." So now we are going to talk trade in or buy back and then work from there....
Old 08-04-2003, 05:49 PM

Detonate is off the scale

BADRAP.

I have one of those http://www.gminthedriveway.com/ certificates if you are serious about buying a new H2.

It will give you the GM Supplier Discount + 4%.

It's yours if you want it. Just be certain you want to use it. Otherwise I'll save it a bit longer and give it to someone that is going to use it for sure.

I have 3 of these certs left, and I'm trying to make sure they find good homes.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder
Old 08-04-2003, 05:49 PM

Detonate is off the scale

Just email me you name and address to:
detonate @sbcglobal.net

I'll mail the cert asap. And ignore the fact that it says it's expired, they extended the program.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder
Old 08-04-2003, 06:05 PM

BADRAP is off the scale

Thanks man, I emailed ya...