H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-26-2003, 03:41 AM

Tom  S is off the scale

i was looking at driving newpaper that i got when i was in england a few days ago and in the american made classifieds it has six H2s for sale all around 53,000 pound. Last time i did the numbers thats around $90,000 american. Anyone else see a market. Pick up close out 03s for mid 40s and ship them. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-26-2003, 03:41 AM

Tom  S is off the scale

i was looking at driving newpaper that i got when i was in england a few days ago and in the american made classifieds it has six H2s for sale all around 53,000 pound. Last time i did the numbers thats around $90,000 american. Anyone else see a market. Pick up close out 03s for mid 40s and ship them. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

Darren is off the scale

Yeah....but guess what...figure in shipping, VAT (Value Added Tax), and Import Duty, and then add the cost of getting the vehicle modified to pass the stringent SVA (single vehicle approval)scheme/test......and you'll see why the vehicles cost what they do over here !!
Old 11-26-2003, 07:34 AM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

there is probably a profit to be made, but not what it seems on the onset.
shipping is probably only $2K - 3K, the Mods and the rest, you could make a profit if you had someone (the right connected person) on the other end and you could make ~$10K or so per vehicle. if not, it will cost you.
bottom line is get some contacts and do your homework

H2 Black Lux, Air Suspension, AEM Intake, Flowmaster, soon to be blacked out...
Black 02 Fatboy
300ZX TT 500Hp, 10.5Sec completely Blacked out, Wolfe Sport 600 Turbo, Billet Aluminum FlyWheel, Carbon Claw RPS Turbo Clutch, Dual Pop Intake, HKS Intercoolers/Exhaust
Old 11-26-2003, 08:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

Darren is off the scale

Guys,

Don't delude yourselves - there's no way you can make that sort of money unless you have the ability to do all the work yourself in the UK ...AND you are able to sell the vehicles at TOP Dollar here in England. Now if you are a buyer and you are going to pay TOP Dollar for your bright shiny new Hummer then you'll want to buy it from an Authorised dealer - so you can get service, support and the ALL IMPORTANT 3 year warranty. Let's face it if you are taking the fairly bold step of purchasing a Hummer here in England then you will want to have the comfort of the vehicle being supported through official channels! ...I know I did!

Old 11-26-2003, 08:55 AM
Circuitguy

I would love to get into the export bizz. I already sell H2 accessories over seas, why not new Hummer H2's! If any one has some advice "be nice now!" Im all ears. BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
</a>
Old 11-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

Darren is off the scale

BIG C,

Send me a set of BOZE rims and a pair of Vizualogic Headrest DVD monitors and I'll share all of the secrets of succesful Hummer exportation with you !
Old 11-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Circuitguy

No prob Darren! I always try to do my part in keeping good relations with faraway parts of the world. hehe! BIG-C

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darren:
BIG C,

Send me a set of BOZE rims and a pair of Vizualogic Headrest DVD monitors and I'll share all of the secrets of succesful Hummer exportation with you ! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
</a>
Old 11-26-2003, 03:12 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Years ago there were a lot of European spec grey market cars, mostly MB and Porsches. You save a few thousands, but in exchange you get a lot of trouble down the road. 1- the authorized dealers refused to service them. 2- individual modifcations to meet standard are very expensive and unreliable. 3- Buyer avoid grey market cars.

When you see a great deal on MB or Porsche, prices too good to be true, chances are it is a Euro spec. I say "No, thank you" and hang up the phone. Why pay money to buy someone else's problem? The money you saved is lost plus further loses when you sell, if you can sell it. I knew cases where owners simply cannot sell them at any price. To the trained eyes, you can tell instantly which are Euro spec. cars, especially by the bumpers.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

Darren is off the scale

BIG-C,

Joking aside, if you do want any help in exporting cars and/or accessories to Europe I'd be delighted to offer any help and assistance that I could.

Darren