H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-01-2003, 09:35 PM

Hum2me is off the scale

Picked mine up from GMC Hummer. Most dealers in So Cal are GMC and or Chevy/Hummer
Old 08-02-2003, 12:02 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

In general, any dealer can sell any brand, if he is well connected and equipped. All he has to do is pick up the phone and call the Lexus or MB or BMW or Hummer dealer, or look into the computer or printouts. People in the trade know each others, move around the dealerships, trade favors and attend workshops and conventions. That is common in every trade. I have in-laws who used to own several dealerships, I'd asked my bro-in-law at Lincoln about the black S500 I saw at MB lot, he called me back and told me the background details and the best price he can get on it.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:35 AM

Raj is off the scale

Which dealer did you pick up from in Southern California? What kind of deal did you get?

Thanks,

Raj

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hum2me:
Picked mine up from GMC Hummer. Most dealers in So Cal are GMC and or Chevy/Hummer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-03-2003, 12:09 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I really don't buy that any dealer could/would/can carry Hummers. Hummer is going to great lenghts to market to a specific segment. This segment does not buy Pontiac, Saturn but will buy from Caddy, GMC, Chevy. If you saw or see H2's at dealers other than Caddy or a Platinum Chevy/GMC dealer it is because GM didn't have an outlet in the area so they gave a dealer limited rights to sell Hummers. They are probably getting a feel for sales in the area i.e. Cape Cod. If the vehicle really pops they might consider a true Hummer dealership but given that Ford is the only dealer I see here in Chatham (Cape) and its limited size I doubt that a Hummer dealer is in the works. So I think GM is just working with what they have but don't plan on seeing H2's at Pontiac dealers for long and don't think that they can just trade out vehicles either. It is very expensive and time consuming for them to do so and I expect there is some other reason why these dealers have the vehicles.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

JohnnyBoy is off the scale

DRTYFN, GM Warranty is valid anywhere in North America. I get warranty work done on my GM cars when I'm in the states and friends of mine get warranty work on there GM cars when they are in Canada.
I doubt it very much that a US dealer is buying Hummers in Canada and selling them for cheaper in the US. It dosen't work that way.

==================================
'03 Hummer H2 Adv./Lux. Pkgs. Sunset Orange W/Sunroof
Air Spring Susp. Pkg. + 3rd. row seat & DVD System.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

The New West Ford Dealership here advertises an H2 new. I went by there to check it out and the sales guy told me it was sold.

The sales guy tried to persuade me into one of their models but I said no. TALK ABOUT BAIT AND SWITCH sales tactic!

That was last week, it's still being advertised in the paper just to lure them in.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-03-2003, 01:49 AM

DCfromCapeCod is off the scale

This vehicle is here WITHOUT the knowledge or permission of Hummer.

However, the dealer (according to Hummer) does not need their permission to sell it as new. They are free to trade with other dealers for any cars they want...the warranty is good no matter what they do.

As the dealerships are privately owned, it is possible that they are testing the waters. It is more likely that they are looking to make some money.