H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

View Poll Results: So next week we'll be running the Rubicon of Big Bear (Steve's words). Steve has mentioned that he
Take the H2, be a man, prove to the world (and Yoda) it can be done. 9 42.86%
Stay at home and create videos of old footage 1 4.76%
Ride shotgun with Jason and pretend his spottership is more important than taking out his H2. 0 0%
Ride with RockYoda/share pizza at the end. 4 19.05%
Secretly buy an H1 and surprise everyone at the trailhead and then get stuck anyway. 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2003, 03:26 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

So next week we'll be running the Rubicon of Big Bear (Steve's words). Steve has mentioned that he'll be eating cheetos while running shotgun with me but many of us think he should take his H2 and get through it.

So, which of the following should Steve do?
Old 11-12-2003, 03:26 AM
Hummer Expert

So next week we'll be running the Rubicon of Big Bear (Steve's words). Steve has mentioned that he'll be eating cheetos while running shotgun with me but many of us think he should take his H2 and get through it.

So, which of the following should Steve do?
Old 11-12-2003, 03:29 AM

argonaut is off the scale

Come on Stevie, Just do it!
Old 11-12-2003, 04:01 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Or he could prance around the house in his newest Victoria's Secret outfit. Please no video!!! Keep it to yourself!!
Old 11-12-2003, 04:06 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Two words for everyone:

Alec: ROAD TRIP.....come on down!!!!
DRTYFN: ROAD TRIP.....Bully it on down!!!!
MAC: yeah...like he's gonna read this thread!

Jason: YOU BASTARD...I don't know if I'm proud or disgusted with you for taking such a sneaky tactic to get me out in my H2.

Jason Rosoff: Kill this thread fast!!!!!!!!!!!! and block Buckeye from posting for another week!!! By the powers of my moderator title I bestow upon you this request....

Me & Rockyoda can't possible go in his rig, both of us wouldn't fit AND even if we did...some kind of radical organization would show up to protest the cruel & unusual punishiment inflicted to the suspension of his rig. Some things just ain't right...me & him in his rig is one such thing!!!!

Jason...I knew when I was speaking to you on the phone that you'd go nuts unless I took my H2 out on this trail. This will surely mean the end of my rock-rails AND this will take my bumpers from scratched to thrashed. Why must your offroading endevours neccesitate the carnage of my H2?????

Is this still about all those hills & sections that I cake-walked through and you got stuck in????
Old 11-12-2003, 04:47 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed, sealed & delivered. We'll run the infamous John Bull Trail in my H2 if I have the english delights of one Mr. Alec on board.

Who else can better video-tape me getting through a section and Jason getting his butt stuck?

You hear that Buckeye??? So bring it on, cause over here it's been brought!!!!! Get your protein-packing, lean-cuisine, cardboard pushing, energy-bar suckin' gangster-hat wearing hoochie-momma butt to the trailhead and let's play us some follow-the-leader through the JBT.

WORD to your Hummer. Let's just hope it's out of the shop in time!!!

Alec...we're looking to do this next week...on either Wednesday or Friday. We'll make any day happen to accomodate your schedule.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:56 PM

RockYoda is off the scale

Steve,

I am very happy you are stepping up to the plate! If the H2 makes it through (which i'm sure it will) I will be VERY, VERY IMPRESSED. I would love to go with you guys (if i'm even invited ) but work days are out of the question! If you go on a Sat or Sun, let me know, if not take alot of videos of the first section (its the hardest) after that its all a cake walk.

When i take up some of the trails at the Hammers i will pull the doors and make some more room for us . I will give you some info on the next run we do, and you will be going!

GOOD LUCK!!

p.s. once you make it through the first 200yrds its pertty easy. The first time i took my Dodge my through there i turned around after all the hard stuff (thinking it only got harder) and broke everything on the way down. So once on it.. finish it.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Who else can better video-tape me getting through a section and Jason getting his butt stuck?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you came to your senses Steve! You can't be Mr. H2 and then let it sit in the garage when the trail gets tough. As for me getting stuck (I'm sure I will) but that's part of the fun. It'll give me a chance to work on my recovery skills.

Now we have Alec on board (I'm glad someone has nuts around here), maybe we can convince DRTY and then I think we have the makin's of a very nice trip. Also it can be the Steve/Alec show to see who puts together the best video afterward

I'm sure our good friends Rick, Craig, Kevin, Chris and Billy in the super Humvee will make this one memorable.

BTW Stevie boy, I'm calling Billy to get rock rails installed AND my rig should be aligned by then but if it's not I'm taking the Chevy Malibu through the trail (at least the first 4 inches)
Old 11-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Hummer Expert

Alec,

I'm good any day. I'm sure Steve can adjust the run around your schedule since you'll be coming from out of town.

Shall I put you up in Pasadena?

Jason
Old 11-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Ya know Jason..

When I was talking to you on the phone...I could hear in your voice the dismay when I suggested I leave the 2 at home and just come along to help you with spotting. Why is it I just knew you couldn't leave it alone and had to run this thread. Too funny....but yeah, I'm in, I'm there and we'll do it!!!!

Alec,

I plan to be in the most critical position when running my junk through the tough-stuff. That puts YOU in the drivers seat and me spotting my own rig. Sit-down, strap-in, hold-on and DRIVE!!! (In case you didn't follow that....I'm figuring you'll drive my rig......someone has to spot and please believe me when I say none of these H1 guys in my group can spot a 2 worth a damn!!!!)

We've got guys leaning towards Friday to run this thing...how's that work?
Old 11-12-2003, 11:08 PM
Hummer Expert

I spoke to Humvee Billy who informed me that John Bull is a very difficult trail. He took his Humvee there and almost rolled it but managed to strap it to a tree to prevent this from happening. He did say he was alone and this could have been prevented with a good spotter.

Can an H2 make it? Billy says yes but we all need to take it slow. Most people turn down this trail because they're nervous about damage but a good spotter and lots of patience will get us all through.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:36 AM

RockYoda is off the scale

On my way to the Hammers today i saw Big Bear, covered in snow. I wouldn't run John Bull untill the snow melts. Should be very pertty though.........
Old 11-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Spotters??????
Alec don't need no stink'n spotters.