H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-22-2003, 04:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

WhiteH2Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Yesterday im sitting happily in my white H2 at a red light. The light turns green so whats the car do infront of me, well it dosent move so i dont move just give some honks next thin i know the X5 behind just went BOOM into the back of my truck. Since it is my first car i was very very angry. The spanish guy infront gets out and says look im sorry man my truck stalled and im like well you should of put hazards on and he goes listen man i gotta go he runs to his car and takes off. Well mean while i pull my truck off to the side of the road on the grass and the beautifully smashed X5 does the same. The cops are then called and arrive to the scene where the cop walks over to me and says so how far did you move when you got hit and i was like no where he replied dam this thing is built like a tank. Well to finish the story short the cop gives us a accident report and next thing he says is ok your free to go. The X5 was smashed had a crushed hood crushed bumper crushed lights crushed engine fan and most likely engine damae, well what happen to the HUMMER nothing but a broken hitch cover. The X5 had to be towed away as i drove home happy i didnt have severe damage.
Old 06-22-2003, 04:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

Yesterday im sitting happily in my white H2 at a red light. The light turns green so whats the car do infront of me, well it dosent move so i dont move just give some honks next thin i know the X5 behind just went BOOM into the back of my truck. Since it is my first car i was very very angry. The spanish guy infront gets out and says look im sorry man my truck stalled and im like well you should of put hazards on and he goes listen man i gotta go he runs to his car and takes off. Well mean while i pull my truck off to the side of the road on the grass and the beautifully smashed X5 does the same. The cops are then called and arrive to the scene where the cop walks over to me and says so how far did you move when you got hit and i was like no where he replied dam this thing is built like a tank. Well to finish the story short the cop gives us a accident report and next thing he says is ok your free to go. The X5 was smashed had a crushed hood crushed bumper crushed lights crushed engine fan and most likely engine damae, well what happen to the HUMMER nothing but a broken hitch cover. The X5 had to be towed away as i drove home happy i didnt have severe damage.
Old 06-22-2003, 04:23 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I got bumped too by an acura. It put a hole in her hood and didn't even scratch my hitch. Oh well. I just let her go and didn't even call the police.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:37 PM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

Let's see some pictures of your bumpers.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:46 PM

SONA is off the scale

God I love the H2... would like to have seen a picture of the X-5. They should have given a ticket to the driver of the X-5 whether you got damage or not.

"Life is tough... tougher if youre stupid." "Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgement. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life"
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
Old 06-22-2003, 01:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Dont have pictures sorry but i will take a pic of my broken hitch cover and little little bumper damage. also the cop said its a tank !!!
Old 06-22-2003, 02:56 PM

Otto is off the scale

As I has stated in my 'H2 Top Speed' Discussion:
The H2 will end up as one of the safest vehicles on the road. The 'cosmetic' X-5 is not even in the same league.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:08 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

About 2 years ago now when I was still driving around my 2000 pewter Silverado 1500 ext. cab short bed (my first car), I had flashed down a buddy of mine I saw drivin down the road so he pulls onto the road and I pull in behind him, we park, he's about 6.5 feet in front of my truck, slight slight uphill rise. He gets out, and the passenger get out and we talk. After about 5 minutes my buddies g/f reaches up from the back seat of his car and turns the keys in the ignition off. With his car off, in park, with the parking brake on his ford taurus rolls into the front of my truck, leaving this 1cm x 1cm mark on my fake chrome plated bumper. My tow eyes put two holes in his bumper, bowed up his trunk, and cracked the piece between the bumper/trunk. 1800.00 in work, a small scratch to my truck. Can't imagine what that X5 looked like, hahahahaha.

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06
Old 06-22-2003, 03:51 PM

argonaut is off the scale

Similar thing happened to me in my first car, an '83 Volvo wagon... I was backing up in a parking lot, and this dumb girl in a Honda comes barreling around the corner and smacks into the Volvo. Next thing you know, her car is smashede up beyond belief, and I have a cracked taillight. oops. That car was a tank. I have never trusted any cars from Japan after that. Oh, on a side note, my buddy had an Acura he banged up badly. So He parked at the bottom of my driveway (steep steep hill) and puts some blocks in front of his wheels. Then I put my hummer halfway up the hill, and attached my tow strap to the H2 and part of his little Japanese car. Then I florred it. Suffice to say, a lot of the body damage was pulled out. Once again, I lost any faith whatsoever in japanese car safety. My girlfriend drives an Acura, so I made her start driving my BMW M3 after that. I just didn't feel safe with her in a japanese car.
Old 06-22-2003, 04:58 PM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

Sona way would you say the X5 should have gotten a ticket for? Japanesse cars are very safe actual. It may look bad but they will keep the occupent safe, it is more the Korean cars that are the least safe.

Rover owner, with light envy...
Old 06-22-2003, 07:34 PM

SONA is off the scale

Chris, Safety and the issuance of a ticket are not related. Following to close, ie. driving one vehicle into the back of another vehicle is driving to close, or you were not paying attention when you failed to recognize the back of a huge truck (H2) stopped in front of you... that deserves a ticket in my book and it ensures that the other guys insurance company can't come after yours.

"Life is tough... tougher if youre stupid." "Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgement. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life"
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
Old 06-22-2003, 07:41 PM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

Ok thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't sure about that. But I still don't think X5s are evil, I like them...

Rover owner, with light envy...
Old 06-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Dear WhiteH2Kid,

I'm delighted to hear of the minimal damage to your H2...but I'm more concerned about you!

From your writing I can detect a good amount of trauma to your neck, not to mention the inflamation to your spine and several disc seeming a bit out of alignment.

I definitely smell a new stereo system...I mean settlement...I mean genuine medical concern here!
Old 06-22-2003, 10:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

TheGoodHummerMan is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
"From your writing I can detect a good amount of trauma to your neck, not to mention the inflamation to your spine and several disc seeming a bit out of alignment."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Whitey,

Don't forget to check for HIDDEN damage too! Check underneath to make sure it hasn't caused your H2 to start rusting...

Also, neck trauma sometimes doesn't present until after your first meeting with an attorney...

Ed
Old 06-22-2003, 10:57 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

The basic rule is that the auto in the back is at fault for obvious reason. In California, any auto accident damage over $750 must be reported to DMV, even when there is no ticket, besides bad weather or parked auto, a fault will be assigned to a party taking a point or 2 on the driving record. DMV stole a point from my record when my Hummer backed into a car causing $5000 in damages/repairs, which resulted in 50% jump in my new auto insurance premium.

X5 is nice, but too small and just too many everywhere. I went to Blockbuster and saw 4 black X5s on the same block. From home to school every morning, I see 8-10 X5s on that 2 miles and in the school, more BMWs than Hondas and Toyatas combined. Many people said X5 is problematic.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:36 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

Well I have a X5 and Mac I think its bigger inside than my H2. Well if I moved the tire outside I think it might havet the same cargo space. thanks whiteh2kid I always wondered what would happen if I backed my H2 into my X5.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:52 AM

mac, why is too many a bad thing? I think that is a bit elitist to feel like you need something that everybody else doesn't have. Sad... BMWs are great cars. they drive better than any other sedan on the road. the X5 may be not as fun as the H2, but for a "regular" SUV, they are the best. Plus they could kick an H2's ass on road any day. Off road it is a whole new ballgame.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:54 AM

Sorry MAC, I didn't mean to be too harsh. My new Kegerator arrived today and I am testing it out. I'm a bit trashed.. No offense...
Old 06-23-2003, 04:54 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Argonaut, you were not harsh at all.

I said X5 is nice, what else do you want? My sister-in-law has one, I don't, I can't go any further than "Nice". Frankly I don't even know if it is nice or not, I was just being nice. I can be nicer by saying X5 is nicer, or I can be great by saying X5 is great. I said them all, just pick the one you like.

X5 is too small for me, not inside, just the whole thing. I sat in there a couple times, it was, nice. It is not too small for every other person on this planet. I like big cars and I only want BIG cars, full size Cadillac, BenzS, BMW7 sedans are too small for me. That is me and I certainly hope you guys don't agree with me. A part of the reason why I like BIG cars is because I want to be different and bigger than everybody else on the road. It is not to my interest to have anyone agree with me.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:16 AM

Spidey is off the scale

So with refference to being an elitist, I'm assuming that meant yes.

That is however a valid point. In reality we all wanted these mammoth
machines for those exact reasons. We know that they wont become a "common vehicle". It's a blast driving something of such identity, mystic and fame.
I enjoy spotting them as well, all seem so slightly different reflecting masters character and personality. Great Fun.