H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-14-2003, 09:51 PM

unaslob is off the scale

I need some help.

I have a black powdercoated locking gas cap. So earlier this week, I goto fill up, and there is this white chalky powder running out of the lock. I tried to put the key in and could barely get it in. It took several times to get all this white powder out of the lock, finally I was able to get the key all the way in, and barely able to turn the lock.

sure sounds like vandalism, but interestingly, I looked on the inside, and there was the same thing coming out of the mechanism in the back!!! not as much but still there.

Now someone did try to paintball my truck last weekend, but missed. that definitely is not what is in the lock, but it illustrates the point that i might be 'under attack'

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 12-14-2003, 09:51 PM

unaslob is off the scale

I need some help.

I have a black powdercoated locking gas cap. So earlier this week, I goto fill up, and there is this white chalky powder running out of the lock. I tried to put the key in and could barely get it in. It took several times to get all this white powder out of the lock, finally I was able to get the key all the way in, and barely able to turn the lock.

sure sounds like vandalism, but interestingly, I looked on the inside, and there was the same thing coming out of the mechanism in the back!!! not as much but still there.

Now someone did try to paintball my truck last weekend, but missed. that definitely is not what is in the lock, but it illustrates the point that i might be 'under attack'

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 12-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

My guess is that you have a neighbor with a sexual proclivity for fuel doors.

Case closed.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:12 PM

unaslob is off the scale

you know, I figured that... when I read my post, i realized the inuendo was a bit heavy.....

unaslob

Old 12-15-2003, 12:05 AM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had some issues myself lately, in fact the latest one stopped me from going to the happening that was scheduled for today.

I've had my door smacked with a rock, eggs all over my hood, and my drivers tire slashed all within the last 2 weeks. The last one I found this morning. Good fun!
Old 12-15-2003, 12:12 AM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

I have to be reallistic in the fact that I will eventually face such acts against my ride. I'm sure sorry to hear about these things. All I can recommend is to not leave your auto alone when you can help it, and carry a .45 to put a slug into the pussies who mess with your ride. It's revolting that there is a faction of people who hate an SUV so much, but we need to defend our property as much as we can. It's so ironic that these things do not happen to other large SUVs or trucks which get the same MPG, or even worse! Just enjoy your ride and do all you can to look out for it. "Carrying" can only help matters.

gasman
Old 12-15-2003, 12:33 AM

argonaut is off the scale

Shoot 'em all, eh Frank? I had two huuuge X marks on my truck last january. I also had an egg salad sandwich smeared on my windsheild (WTF?). Hippies don't like the things. Oh well. Hippies are stupid.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:56 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

Put a cap in em and go to jail My freedom is a little more important to me than my ride
Old 12-15-2003, 01:41 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

You'd be surprised what goes through your head in the heat of the moment. Man is an animal.

Control your feelings Luke!

I hear squirting wood glue is common not just with H2s though.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-15-2003, 02:08 AM

KMAzz is off the scale

Phil if you find out whos messing with your H2 just let me know.. I'll take the short drive to hazelton and we'll teach them not to f*ck with any yellow hummers

2003 Yellow H2
1993 Ford Probe GT(SHOW CAR)

Old 12-15-2003, 02:12 AM

argonaut is off the scale

Yeah, listen to Dennis, he has personal experience dealing with H2 vandal hippie guys. He likes to drive over their toes...
Old 12-15-2003, 03:22 AM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LonghornRockcrawler:
My guess is that you have a neighbor with a sexual proclivity for fuel doors.

Case closed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One question. Does Hummerman live near you?
Old 12-15-2003, 03:41 AM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

Una,
I had the same thing on my fuel door earlier this week. It appeared the day after the snow storm. I had a white chalky substance around the lock cylinder and in the key hole. I thought it was the snow or salt reacting with whatever type of metal the lock cylinder was made out of. I took some Mothers Chrome Polish and cleaned it up as soon as I saw it. It came off nicely.Whether the fuel door is powder coated or chromed, I don't believe the inside of the lock cylinder has any type of coating or chroming and therefore is susceptible to oxidation.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step
Old 12-15-2003, 10:57 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

That's my guess too - oxidation.

-------------------------------------------------
SUT on order 12/02. 12 months down, 6 to go!
-------------------------------------------------
Old 12-15-2003, 11:21 AM

Centerfire is off the scale

Frank.. Last I checked Auto Vandlism wasn't a capitol crime...

We got a nut just this past weekend for brandishing his handgun to some little old lady who cut him off.. At the very least it is going to cost him a few $1000. to get out of this one..

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frank Hewitt:
I have to be reallistic in the fact that I will eventually face such acts against my ride. I'm sure sorry to hear about these things. All I can recommend is to not leave your auto alone when you can help it, and carry a .45 to put a slug into the pussies who mess with your ride. It's revolting that there is a faction of people who hate an SUV so much, but we need to defend our property as much as we can. It's so ironic that these things do not happen to other large SUVs or trucks which get the same MPG, or even worse! Just enjoy your ride and do all you can to look out for it. "Carrying" can only help matters.

gasman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

The hallmark of an advanced civilized society is how we treasure human lives, each and everyone regardless of their problems or economic or social status or political believes. The foundation of our country is the laws, including the constitution of the United States, whereupon the entire structure of our world is built and maintained. Regardless of what one might think of the current social or legal conditions, such fundamental principles cannot be violeted.

Without which, we will be no different than Congo, Iraq, Burma or Rwanda.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:30 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
originally posted by Frank:
All I can recommend is to not leave your auto alone when you can help it, and carry a .45 to put a slug into the pussies who mess with your ride. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shoot them all, heh Frank? Well lets review our choices:

A)
Assuming they get caught and are found guilty. They would be fined for the offense and ordered to pay restitution to cover the damages. So a little inconvenience to you while your in court and while the vehicle is being repaired. Hardly worth killing someone for.

B)
Assuming they get away before you even notice the damage. You file a claim with your insurance company and they cover the cost of repairs minus your deductable, $500.00 or $1,000.00. Still hardly worth killing someone for.

C)
Assuming you kill or wound them before the police arrive. You are arrested and charged with......1)Aggrevated Assault
2)Unlawful possession of a firearm
3)Possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose-All the of the above crimes fall under the Graves Act and carry mandatory 3-5 year sentences for each.
4)Murder, 1st degree-Life in prison or the Death penalty
5)Murder, 2nd degree-15 years to life.

So if we take your advice Frank we would be facing a minimum of 24 years to 39 years in prison or the Death Penalty.

Yes I know its a tough choice, but I'm sure everyone will make the right decision.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step
Old 12-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Hummer Guru

This reminds me of a scene from Animal House.

Frank comes running in the frat house after discovering his H2 has been vandalized.

FRANK: Wermer...dead!
Marmalard....dead!
Neidermeyer....

OTTER: DEAD!!, Frank's right, a little psychotic but absolutely right, we got to take these bastards. We could fight them with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No in this case we have to go all out. It's gonna take a stupid and fuetal jesture on somebodys part...and Frank is just the guy to do it.

[This message was edited by Spike on 12-15-03 at 12:23 PM.]
Old 12-15-2003, 05:43 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

The very least the bad guys call the police and says "This guy was brandishing a firearm at me, I was minding my own business" He get gets 6mmo to a year. Frank it's only a truck.. you can get another one just like it.

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spike:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
originally posted by Frank:
All I can recommend is to not leave your auto alone when you can help it, and carry a .45 to put a slug into the pussies who mess with your ride. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shoot them all, heh Frank? Well lets review our choices:

A)
Assuming they get caught and are found guilty. They would be fined for the offense and ordered to pay restitution to cover the damages. So a little inconvenience to you while your in court and while the vehicle is being repaired. Hardly worth killing someone for.

B)
Assuming they get away before you even notice the damage. You file a claim with your insurance company and they cover the cost of repairs minus your deductable, $500.00 or $1,000.00. Still hardly worth killing someone for.

C)
Assuming you kill or wound them before the police arrive. You are arrested and charged with......1)Aggrevated Assault
2)Unlawful possession of a firearm
3)Possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose-All the of the above crimes fall under the Graves Act and carry mandatory 3-5 year sentences for each.
4)Murder, 1st degree-Life in prison or the Death penalty
5)Murder, 2nd degree-15 years to life.

So if we take your advice Frank we would be facing a minimum of 24 years to 39 years in prison or the Death Penalty.

Yes I know its a tough choice, but I'm sure everyone will make the right decision.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>