H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it still covered under warranty? I thought GM parts had a year warranty on them?

GMpartsguy?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 12-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Hummer Guru

Is it still covered under warranty? I thought GM parts had a year warranty on them?

GMpartsguy?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 12-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

I dont have a clue. But what is the part in question?? Doug
Old 12-08-2005, 11:54 PM

MIZZOU H2 is off the scale

yes any replacement part is warrantied for like 50 or 100k miles after replacement. At leaset that what they told me on my old truck.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Hummer Guru

Opps, my bad. Before I bought my '03 H2 used. The driver's outside mirror was replaced. I noticed the last few weeks that it jiggles cause it's loose.

I wonder if they are still covered under warranty once they've been already been replaced once.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 12-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OrangeCrush:
Opps, my bad. Before I bought my '03 H2 used. The driver's outside mirror was replaced. I noticed the last few weeks that it jiggles cause it's loose.

I wonder if they are still covered under warranty once they've been already been replaced once.

Thanks,

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes. Unless your dealership is crappy.
I've heard the new 06 models are better, even our service tech says they are better.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:17 AM
Hummer Guru

Didn't I see a bulletin that someone mentioned that if a mirror had to be replaced, they were to update them with a newer version?

Mark
Old 12-09-2005, 01:30 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OrangeCrush:
Didn't I see a bulletin that someone mentioned that if a mirror had to be replaced, they were to update them with a newer version?

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes. Nov. 28.
06 mirrors
I got it to put a title on the link.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:33 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, this is true! Got my 2006 mirrors a month ago. I like the look

Make sure you ask though, I've heard some dealers will try to use up excess stock they may have on hand!
Old 12-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBob:

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, this is true! Got my 2006 mirrors a month ago. I like the look

Make sure you ask though, I've heard some dealers will try to use up excess stock they may have on hand! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to this website, the dealership is suppose to replace them with new style unless the customer prefers not to wait or wants the original mirror.

H2 Outside Rearview Mirrors
Adm Msg - 2003-2005 HUMMER H2 Outside Rearview Mirrors #HUS20050065 - (Sep 19, 2005)
2003-2005 HUMMER H2 Outside Rearview Mirrors

The outside rearview mirrors have been redesigned for the 2006 HUMMER H2 and are much improved over those used on prior models. Should you have the need to replace a mirror on a 2003-2005 H2, replace both mirrors with the 2006 parts which are a slightly different design. Also, the new mirrors are all chrome - there is no black version (this should be fine for most customers). The new part numbers are 15835056 (LH) and 15835057 (RH).
These new P/Ns are not currently available through GMSPO but are expected to be available the week of October 17, 2005. It is suggested to delay any mirror replacement until that time. However, if a customer prefers not to wait or wants the original mirror, the older parts are available in quantity.

We'll see what my dealer says.

Mark
Old 12-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBob:
Make sure you ask though, I've heard some dealers will try to use up excess stock they may have on hand! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did that to a buddy of mine a month or two ago and he is still having problems with the new ones

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 12-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

Kooter is off the scale

I had mine in for the power folding portion of my drivers side mirror just before it went off waranty in June. Called today because it is not working and they said the warranty on the last one they put on was for 12 months or 12K miles. I have 12,700 miles since the work was done and they told me to pound sand. Hope you have better luck than me!!! 12K miles? You gotta be kidding me! Oh well, just glad it's a function I use twice a year.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Hummer Guru

I went to the dealership today and talked to the manager. He said since I had 53K miles on my truck and the mirrors had been replaced once before that he couldn't do it.

Fortunately since my bodyshop does alot of work with a Pontiac dealership, the manager there made it happen.

And Kooter, let me give you a piece of advice. Call customer service and get in touch with the warranty rep for your area. I don't know how many miles you have on your H2 but most service managers can "goodwill" warranty work up to 60K miles if you are the original owner. (if it's a big dealership, they can even do it if you are the second owner)

HTH's,

Mark
Old 12-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

Kooter is off the scale

I am the second owner...bought it with low miles and now has 48K. They did the "goodwill" thing for me on my air conditioner...compressor went out in March. Had like 38K on it I think. I paid around $400 for what they said was a $1200 dollar bill. Guess I can't complain to much there. Extended warranty is starting to look like a better option all the time. I usually try and fix most of my repairs myself so I didn't opt for the three thousand dollar extended warranty. I'll try the service rep thing...couldn't hurt! Thanks.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Kooter, I see your from Sioux Falls, SD. Did you see the Zip feed demo job?? Heres a clip of the blast. Doug

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=d6a00382-68bd-426d-a3...06/64&p=Source_ifilm
Old 12-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Kooter is off the scale

Yea, we watched from the comfort of home but a lot of people went to watch in person. It was about 5 degrees out that day and I said I didn't think the damn thing would go down.... As it turns out, I was right! Sounded like someone skimped on the TNT!! It was funny watching all the peoples faces when they hit the switch, the building dropped 20 feet and stood there! Everyone acted like the just paid full price to see a 3 minute concert! Priceless. Sad when the only time South Dakota makes the news is for voting out the Senate minority leader (Daschle) or failing to blow up a building!