H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-27-2005, 05:34 PM

Lee Harrell is off the scale

I have a question about the air ride on the H2. I currently have a 2003 GMC 2500HD and I have put the air bags on it to hold up the weight that I pull. I have a 28' race car trailer and I needed the bags to hold up the weight of the trailer. I am getting ready to buy a H2 and would like to know if the air ride on the H2 will hold up the trailer of if I will need to do something else. Thanks for any help.

Lee Harrell
Old 07-27-2005, 05:34 PM

I have a question about the air ride on the H2. I currently have a 2003 GMC 2500HD and I have put the air bags on it to hold up the weight that I pull. I have a 28' race car trailer and I needed the bags to hold up the weight of the trailer. I am getting ready to buy a H2 and would like to know if the air ride on the H2 will hold up the trailer of if I will need to do something else. Thanks for any help.

Lee Harrell
Old 07-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

You may not be able to pull it at all. 6700 lbs max on a 05 and if your trailer has a car and gear in it you will not be happy with how the H2 pulls it. The bags will auto level but the drop will need to be adjusted on the ball.
drive one before you make a choice on that pull
Old 07-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lee Harrell:

Lee Harrell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It would depend on the tongue weight as to whether the air suspension could handle it. How much does the trailer and car weigh? I'm sure it's quite a bit.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The bags, compressor and everything will handle way more than the rest of the truck, towing-wise.

I can guarantee it will handle at least 1000lbs of tongue weight, but the rest of the truck just doesn't like it at all.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Banned

Obviously, manufacturer's GVWR and GCWR is no where near that and should be consulted before towing anything.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I had two customers come back on me becasue they wanted to tow a boat and a another a gig box and bike. I think you gotta be upfront with the Hummers on towing, they don't do it well
Old 07-27-2005, 08:14 PM

Well that makes up my mind then. I have been wanting a H2 for a couple years and finnally decided to buy one only to find out it wont tow my trailer. Oh well guess I will end up with a 2500 Yukon XL. Thanks for the info guys.

Lee
Old 07-28-2005, 07:16 AM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Lee, my opinion is the h2 will tow your trailer no problem. I've towed all kinds of stuff with mine with no prob. . I wouldnt tow for a living with it , but misc. trips it tows excellent. Heres a pic of a 32' trailer filled with motorcycles and a loaded h2. Around 19,500 pounds loaded on a 2000 mile trip. -Doug
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Banned

He's talking GCW, before someone gets their panties all wadded.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:31 PM

Dug, thanks for the info. I have decided to go ahead and buy a H2 and if for some reason I don't like how it pulls then I guess I will have to get something else. My GMC 2500HD has the 6.0 and it handles it well (thought not near as good as my 2001 3500 with the 8.1 did) so I think engine wise the H2 will do ok. Again thanks for the info and I will post back after I get one and let you know how I think it pulls.

Lee
Old 07-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Dug, that pic cracks me up everytime I see it!

Lee, look forward to hearing the results.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Alec, I was down to 30mph a couple of times on big hills. But everthing takes hills hard , i have tractor trailers made for pulling heavy equipment and they dont like hills either. It was kind of surprising to me that when i had it rolling good (70mph) it sailed up hills excellent. I like towing the camper or my mini equipment with the h2 better than a pickup. The air ride is such a good leveler and cushy ride.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:23 AM

humdingger is off the scale

No air ride , and tows like a beast ???? not sure what everyone is crying about . I have towed this boat below with a hd2500 diesel , and 2500 v8 and the hummer , and the H2 does the best . In fact the short length of the hummer makes towing in tight spots and backing up much easier. Add the 4x4 and you have no ramp worries or wet grass issues.
Attached Images