H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve, it seems many people on this forum are looking for the same, general things: Larger tires, beefier suspension, soft top, vinyl, no carpet, etc. They could be incorporated in a true Adventure Package available on all the HUMMER vehicles.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Hummer Messiah

Attached Images

Old 09-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

That has yet to be approved!
Old 09-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Wow....lots good info!!

Yeah, CTIS....it's controversial:

Con: More cost, more to go wrong, they ALL leak a bit and quite frankly, most owners of Hummer could entirely do without it. Only a frequent offroader who encounters varying degrees of trails would find the CTIS very useful.

Pro: it's a Hummer...the top of the line and primiere "go anywhere" offroad vehicle: such a a super-cool, modern feature....belongs on a Hummer.

Conclusion: improvement & innovation means bringing in new features AND not getting rid of features to make something less "capable". CTIS should be an option, simple as that. I don't care of the base-strippy cost $20k and the top-of-the-line decked-out model is $55k
Old 09-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

Turbo Diesel! - Even small displacement! Its got the torque, the fuel economy, it runs fine of camber or upside down and it can idle all day long on 4 gallons.

Do it.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Whatever happened to the little pickup H3T? Of course it had a lot of things that would never made it to production but it was a concept so it had to have some gadgets for shows. But i thought it was a great idea for starter.

And I am sure GM would have no problem borrowing parts from the current H3. I must add I think they did a great job on the interior! For the engine, like most have mentioned, diesel is the way to go! Especially for a pickup i think. Given GM owns part of Isuzu, which is the biggest diesel engine manufacturer in the world, I am sure it wouldn't be hard to find a 4 cylinder diesel to fit in. I say 30mpg can be done and with a starting msrp of $20K or so, it will sell!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 05:50 PM

4churchill is off the scale

I would like to see HUMMER offer more distinction between the Base LUX and Adventure models. Make the base, base, the LUX luxurious to Range Rover and BMW Status, and make the Adventure as close to the H1 as possible.

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 09-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely put a diesel option in the H2 and H3 lines.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:26 PM

H2HH is off the scale

Steve,
As for improvements:
1) Rubber floor covering like my old pick-up, much easier to clean and won't trap water.
2) Better undercarrige protection with higher ground clearance.
3) Easier access to the roof for routing power and antenna cables.
4) A switch panel to land wiring that wouldn't look like an afterthought.
5) Heat the front windscreen, ending the icing.
6) Put on a real locking Gas cap cover door.
7) Give me a no Chrome option
8) Shield the exhaust even more to preclude grass fires.
Thanks,
H
Old 09-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

Denny Crane is off the scale

It's siomple really and can be done quite easily....

Drum Roll

Create a Special Vehicle Option Group.

Offer everything mentioned upto this point and allow the buyer the choice of options.

After time the program will either support itself thru obvious sales or reduce the options to the majority of parts sold over time.

There shouldn't be a reason i can't build my H2 with a Diesel, OPEN TOP, Interior delete, Chrome Delete - monochromatic paint, CTIS, HID, Winch/Grill, 4-wheel steering, 37" tires 20" wheels or 24" wheels and 3" tall tires, 2" - 8" lift or lowering kits, and last but not least a Supercharger or additional engine performance accessories. So what if it's 95,000.00 when i get it, i won't care as i'll be doing most of the before mentioned upgrades myslef, so GM should get the monies or at least give me the option.

RUF does Porsches, Dinan does BMW, calloway does Vetts Etc Etc Etc.

This would possibly make the H1 obsolete, they sell 300 of them a year at 130K + so a 95K fully customized H2 should sell at least 300 year.

Make HUMMER the most customizable vehicle in GM/FORD/DODGE history.

Then an H2 could be literally as unique as it's owners.

Hummer, the most Individually Unique vehicle in GM's history.

D
Old 09-14-2005, 03:33 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
I think the problem with the whole "talk to GM" concept, is that you have to keep in mind that they probably will not create a whole new platform just for one vehicle... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree...but bitching, moaning and complaining is an American past-time and we must not only embrace it, but celebrate it. Besides, how crazy would it sound 4 years ago to suggest GM buy the rights to HUMMER and start producing a model called an H2? Ya never know Seth...stranger things have happened!

There are some really good ideas here. I'll admit that we off-roaders are in the minority and that big sales numbers to the general blingy-public are the prime concern to GM....but at the same time GM really should take an interest in staying true to what made the HUMMER brand so unique AND CONSEQUENTLY desireable: it's offroad ability and being the ultimate utility vehicle.

GM has done well, but they can do better.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:38 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve R:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
I think the problem with the whole "talk to GM" concept, is that you have to keep in mind that they probably will not create a whole new platform just for one vehicle... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree...but bitching, moaning and complaining is an American past-time and we must not only embrace it, but celebrate it. Besides, how crazy would it sound 4 years ago to suggest GM buy the rights to HUMMER and start producing a model called an H2? Ya never know Seth...stranger things have happened!

There are some really good ideas here. I'll admit that we off-roaders are in the minority and that big sales numbers to the general blingy-public are the prime concern to GM....but at the same time GM really should take an interest in staying true to what made the HUMMER brand so unique AND CONSEQUENTLY desireable: it's offroad ability and being the ultimate utility vehicle.

GM has done well, but they can do better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>As I said, a True Adventure package.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:53 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

You're spot-on Ken! couldn't agree more.

Mercedes has their McLaren, Ferrari has their Enzo: very few are made, even fewer can afford it BUT there it is to stand as a tribute to excellence.

GM shouldn't make a "True Adventure" model just to reap the financial benefits of selling a couple hundred or a thouand per year.....no: they should make it to stand as an icon of HUMMER excellence and to celebrate the concept of diversity that the American spirit examplifies. Ewwww....catchy!!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

Some good stuff here guys, I'm forwarding a link to this thread to the Hummer Design Manager.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally would like to see fewer corners cut. It's a $60,000 vehicle - it should LOOK like one. I want better paint - I have at least 20 rock chips at 22,000 miles, which is 19 more than I had on my previous GM truck (which also had 50,000 more miles on it!). I want the interior to be nicer - the seams on the carpet finished, no more rust on my accelerator/break/glovebox, no more cheap plastic breaking parts. It should be as refined as the interior of the Escalade. And I don't want faux wood trim and all that crap - just attention to details would be nice! GM also needs to address the rust issue on the undercarriage. Also, I like Phil's idea - there should be more options that come integrated into the H2 from the factory for off-roaders, like stronger tie rods, lifts, tires, lockers, etc. And these should be UNDER WARRANTY. If the truck is marketed for off-road use, then off-road use should be covered - without question!

Stacy
Old 09-15-2005, 01:32 PM

1BADH2 is off the scale

DIESEL, DIESEL, DIESEL
Old 09-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 1BADH2:
DIESEL, DIESEL, DIESEL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ditto, ditto, ditto

AND I STILL THINK THE H3T WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION!!!