H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-06-2002, 10:33 AM

SONA is off the scale

My wife doesn't even like to drive at night anymore because so many people flash thier lights at her. The H2 lights are bright, but I think it has more to do with the height of the lense from the ground then with the actual brightness. The dealer was driving his demo home the other week and an approaching car flashed his lights, the dealer ignored him, the car flashed again, the dealer flashed back, the on coming car flashed again, so the dealer put his brights and turned on the light bar on top with all the off road lights on, the on coming car passed did a U-turn and turned on his blue lights... it was a cop. He said, "son, don't turn those off road lights on again or I'll give you a ticket". LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Let me show you my gun collection"
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
Old 12-06-2002, 10:33 AM

SONA is off the scale

My wife doesn't even like to drive at night anymore because so many people flash thier lights at her. The H2 lights are bright, but I think it has more to do with the height of the lense from the ground then with the actual brightness. The dealer was driving his demo home the other week and an approaching car flashed his lights, the dealer ignored him, the car flashed again, the dealer flashed back, the on coming car flashed again, so the dealer put his brights and turned on the light bar on top with all the off road lights on, the on coming car passed did a U-turn and turned on his blue lights... it was a cop. He said, "son, don't turn those off road lights on again or I'll give you a ticket". LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
Old 12-06-2002, 10:49 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

There is another thread where folks were discussing the need to adjust their headlights. I needed to adjust mine as well. As the adjustment is set from the factory, the high beams were shining up into the trees!

A 5/32" allen wrench is all you need. Tighten to lower the beam.

Klaus

"God made man big, and God made man small - But Col. Colt made them all equal."
Old 12-06-2002, 12:38 PM

OUSUCKS is off the scale

You'll find the adjustment right next to each headlight...and allen wrench does the trick. When I first got mine, I was getting flashed constantly. I would get behind people and blind them through their mirrors...I even got flipped off when I was behind some guy. I adjusted the headlights and have had no problems(nor fingers) since.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:01 PM

H2Jim is off the scale

I had to turn the allen wrench 4 full turns to get the lights right. Now I get no flashes from other drivers or rude looks from people in front of me at stop lights!
Old 12-06-2002, 01:19 PM

JCJ is off the scale

So here I am putting washers between the top bolts of the lenses to lower the angle, while could have done same with 4 simple turns w/ an Allen wrench. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Well, in any case, now the angle can be turned down even more. But then I'll defenitely need night vision or a camera mounted in the front hitch receiver. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2002, 02:12 PM

SJ is off the scale

I have never had a single instance, when driving the H2, where an oncoming car flashed its highbeams at me. It truly does sound like a small adjustment to the beam height is in order.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 12-06-2002, 02:35 PM

m998 is off the scale

People flash me, I flash the back and we both go on our way with a smile ...... OH ... you mean lights.
Same answer, but without the smile. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2002, 04:14 PM

SONA is off the scale

we have to get together on the other flashing thingy.... LOL.

Old 12-06-2002, 04:19 PM

NSXTC is off the scale

Is this what people have been finding is 4 turns will do the trick? If I can solicit the experiences of folks here on the list, I would rather not do the beam aiming technique if all I need to do is tighten 4 turns.

Thanks.

==================
03 Metallic Red H2
02 Ducati 998R
H2SUT.com
----------
Red metallic, Lux package, Poron backup sensors, throttle body by-pass, Independent dual DVDs, Volant air box, DRL mod, chrome hood handles and latch.
Old 12-06-2002, 05:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Park it in the driveway about 10 feet from the door. Mark the top edge of the light pattern and turn to drop it a couple of inches. You don't need to get too scientific about this. It' easy enough to drive it that way and tweek it again if necessary.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 12-06-2002, 08:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know how to adjust the horizontal(left/right) on the headlights? My beams are slightly overlapping.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:54 PM

racina is off the scale

Hey Red, you posted the exact information approximately a month ago and it worked for me. Haven't had a "Flash" or a "Flip off" since.
Old 12-07-2002, 03:48 AM

NSXTC is off the scale

4 Turns in. Does the job w/o having to measure. The light barely hits the bottom of the rear view mirror of the car in front of me when I'm behing them.

Thanks for the info Jim.

==================
03 Metallic Red H2
02 Ducati 998R
H2SUT.com
----------
Red metallic, Lux package, Poron backup sensors, throttle body by-pass, Independent dual DVDs, Volant air box, DRL mod, chrome hood handles and latch.