H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-25-2005, 06:48 PM

RiverRacerX is off the scale

If you don't care about the side steps and roof racks, is the Lux package worth it for the black interior??

Would love to hear your pros/cons on the interior color choices.

I am looking at an Pewter'05 Lux with air susp for 48K+fees.

So do I really want black interior? Better for resale down the road?

http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/up...4-h2sut_av.jpg
Waiting for a real one....
Old 10-25-2005, 06:48 PM

RiverRacerX is off the scale

If you don't care about the side steps and roof racks, is the Lux package worth it for the black interior??

Would love to hear your pros/cons on the interior color choices.

I am looking at an Pewter'05 Lux with air susp for 48K+fees.

So do I really want black interior? Better for resale down the road?

http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/up...4-h2sut_av.jpg
Waiting for a real one....
Old 10-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

strongrhino is off the scale

I think it is a preferance. I like the Ebony (as they call it) interior so that is what I got. Black on ebony!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

I think the black interior looks 1000x better. But that's just my opinion. The wheat interior is about 4 different shades since they couldn't get the plastic to match the leather or the cloth. Also for whatever weird reason, I've sat in a friends H2 with wheat interior and the leather in my ebony int feels way nicer and softer. Although his is an 03 so that may have something to do with it.

And I don't want to hear anyone whine about how hot black gets. Tint your windows. I've gone through a 110 degree summer and it was just fine. Get an autostart alarm that will kickstart your AC.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I got my '05 I said I didn't want black leather cause it would be a bitch to keep clean and would mark too easily. Now my truck is in the shop and I'm driving one around with black leather and I friggin love it. I don't know if there is any real difference other than color but it feels much more soft and comfortable. I think the interior looks much better being all the same color as well instead of the black/tan combo mine is now.

I've only had this truck for like 9 months now and I'm gettin the itch to trade it in already due to the damn seats. The last one made it about a year and a half...
Old 10-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frank6150:
I don't know if there is any real difference other than color but it feels much more soft and comfortable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See! I guess I'm not the only one that thinks that. I thought it was a pretty significant differnce between the two.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

MSeeb is off the scale

My 03 had wheat interior which was very easy to keep looking clean. My 05 has the black which I personally think looks better, but it's a pain in the a$$ to keep clean. All and all I would still do the black again.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

For what it is worth, I like the ebony also.

H2_SUT_SC said it all. When I get the bucks, I am converting my wheat to ebony in my black Hummer.

I think the decsion also depends on the exterior color you are contemplating. I think the wheat look fine with yellow for example.

Resale $ has a lot to do with vehicle mileage and condition.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the center concil you rest your arm on is different too. I had an 03 w/ wheat and bought an 05 (for sale BTW) that has the Ebony. The Ebony seems to be a better quality and softer leather on the seats ans door pannels. I prefer the Ebony over the wheat. but the wheat isn't bad or anything. It's still comfortable and good quality.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RiverRacerX:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is the real scoop:
I have the Wheat.
Black sucks if you live in California! It's too hot and frankly I've heard from more than a few Hot California Chicks that they like the Wheat!
It just so happens that I live in New Jersey and actually need Black interior so I suggest for you to get the Ebony and I will switch with you!
Plus I'll give you Dan's famous token 5 bucks as an insentive!

Old 10-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Hummer Professional

CBR_Raven is off the scale

I like the ebony even though mine has the wheat interior. I had the graphite leather interior in my Z71 Avalanche and it was nice also.

2018 Polaris GEM e4
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo RR
2024 GMC Sierra AT4X HD
2024 GMC Hummer EV 2X SUV
Old 10-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

I like the ebony inside way better than the wheat. The wheat, as mentioned, contrasts with everything way too much. And, the center console is hard plastic, not leather like in the ebony. For the looks, I think ebony is the only way to go inside.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:34 PM

Timster is off the scale

I have to admit I like the ebony interior better! I went to the dealer this weekend and looked at the new Pacific (drool).
It looks great and the ebony leather is soooo soft!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NJ H2:
Plus I'll give you Dan's famous token 5 bucks as an insentive! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 10-28-2005, 02:50 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

We will be able to enjoy the best of both colors when We get back from SEMA as Dragon and I decided to have both colors. We are pulling the middle row bench and adding 2 front seats in second row and new katzkin covers on all 4 captains, that will be black inserts and Wheat all around with wheat head rest. Will have company logo HUMMERcustoms in the top piece in wheat embrodery in the black insert and Kat name on bolster on door side of each seat also. They decided to sponsor Us and will do a 3rd row if We get one. But We only have 42" between the new sub enclosures on the first set and full bench will not fit. We will narrow them down so a full can fit later and get it lined up for sell and easier install. Although i would not want to sit back there unless it was turned down. Dragon forgets I'm not into the Boom Boom Boom thing but, at the shows they want it shaking a little. My H2 could not match Dragon's BlUDRG Celica though. You would have to hear it to believe it. 2 12" with 2 15" and 3 amps all JBL I think. He can explain. I think if You could stand it and sit in it and turn it up You really could blow the windows out of His car with ease. So i told Him i did not want that much so He only gave Me a 4 12" Infinity subs 2 on each side and 2 infinity amps all half sponsored. We are doing a complete set of infinities replacing all the bose in a full set but they are balanced. i forget what Dragon called it. But it is a combo set so they are made to compliment each other and sounds super good.

Now back to the leather if You want to feel some fine leather check Katz and even ask about the upgrade Tuscany. Costs 4 times the regular leather. I decided on it when the head of service at dealer told Me they change even the ebony out for Katzkin and You have never felt a leather as nice.

Well if You would like to know more about the sound system in H2 ask Dragon he can exlain it. i'm just around to get in the way a day or 2 a week, he knows it all. Although i have been every day this week doing what small projects i can help with. Some small tedious stuff like LEDS in controll knobs.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 10-30-2005, 02:44 AM

bob hamilton is off the scale

the lux is much nicer and plush.