H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

KANE is on a distinguished road
Default It's gone:(

Well I got to the point that I had to make a hard decision to trade my H2. I found myself towing alot more than I should with my H2 and I was worried I was going to loose my tranny. I just stopped by a ford dealership to look at the 2011 diesels and next thing you know I'm making a deal on a 2009 f250 Diesel King Ranch Crew Cab with 15k miles.

It's funny, my wife has always said I make my cars great for the next person....she's probably right, but my H2 was a great truck that I will truley miss.

I would just like to thank everyone for the help along the way with mine. Sites like this are so helpful and I would have never attempted to SuperCharge my H2 myself without the support and help from everyone here.

I still have a few things left over that I'll be posting in the classifieds so check them out.

Thanks again to all!!!!
Mike
Old 06-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale
Default Re: It's gone:(

Good luck with your new Ford. If I were to trade in my H2 I would go with Ford also. Screw GM!
I'm sure I'll see you back again pretty soon, Just like myself, Orange Crush amd few others. You'll have a nervouse break down soon enough.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:20 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercooled
Good luck with your new Ford. If I were to trade in my H2 I would go with Ford also. Screw GM!
I'm sure I'll see you back again pretty soon, Just like myself, Orange Crush amd few others. You'll have a nervouse break down soon enough.

I wish ya luck but after I got rid of my old H2, it wasn't a matter of moths before I came back with another.

Mark
Old 06-21-2010, 02:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

VegasGuy is on a distinguished road

Hope your wife is cool with your trade. Mine would never let it happen. She still regrets me selling a '75 Trans Am we bought new. She loved that car. But she loves the H2 even more.

Given the times we are living, a GM guy cannot fault your choice to go with Ford. Hope your Ford finds itself with a happy owner.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

I wish I could've kept the H2 and bought the f250, but they did step up to it so away it goes. As far as getting another....it's not out of the question!!

I will definitely keep following Orange Crush's project and look forward to hearing some great things about it!!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Enjoy your Ford. A year after I gave my son my H3 I missed the Hummer a lot and test drove a new H3 and an H2 and knew I just had to have another. It's funny how Hummer drivers come back. I've seen it time after time. Even when I went 11 months Hummerless, I was still known by several people as "the guy with that Hummer."
Old 06-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

dvl57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE
Well I got to the point that I had to make a hard decision to trade my H2. I found myself towing alot more than I should with my H2 and I was worried I was going to loose my tranny. I just stopped by a ford dealership to look at the 2011 diesels

I've been actually contemplating on trading or swapping out for a 2011 F350 Diesel King Ranch.

They are definitely good trucks, but I've been dreading the idea of not driving my H2.

It's been on my mind the past several weeks....nothing wrong w/my 08 H2.

Just having an itch to get a '11 F350 Diesel.

If I do, I'll probably sell mine privately, vs. trading in.

Did you get a good price on trade in?

2008 H2
Billy Boat Exhaust
Old 06-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl57
I've been actually contemplating on trading or swapping out for a 2011 F350 Diesel King Ranch.

They are definitely good trucks, but I've been dreading the idea of not driving my H2.

It's been on my mind the past several weeks....nothing wrong w/my 08 H2.

Just having an itch to get a '11 F350 Diesel.

If I do, I'll probably sell mine privately, vs. trading in.

Did you get a good price on trade in?

That is exactly what happened to me...read alot about the 2011 got an itch and stopped by to take a look...really, really nice truck, but at $61,000 I didn't want to buy the first year. My plan is to keep this truck for 1 1/2 - 2 years and trade on the 2011-12.
I bought a 32' travel trailer and had to borrow my buddys GMC Diesel to tow it up to Maine, and thats what got me on the Diesel kick. After driving the Gmc and sitting in the Ford, I liked the Ford alot more.

I do think they gave good money for mine - $22,500 off of 42,500. My new truck is a 2009 f250 4x4 Crewcab King Ranch Diesel,15kmiles, w/Nav,Sync(which is awesome!) and every other option offered. Mine was a 2005 Lux with 58k miles and it was Super Charged, which usually hurts the trade, but my truck was not abused and in really good condition. I thought if I sold it outright I could get around 24-25k but I didn't want some Monkey to blow the tranny and give me an ass-ache about it....just made sense to me.
The Diesel's nice and a beast of power, but the H2 kicked ass w/the supercharger and I'll miss it, but I had to scratch the itch!!!! Those itches sure cost alot of money-LOL!

Mike
Old 06-22-2010, 02:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

seventwozero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE
That is exactly what happened to me...read alot about the 2011 got an itch and stopped by to take a look...really, really nice truck, but at $61,000 I didn't want to buy the first year. My plan is to keep this truck for 1 1/2 - 2 years and trade on the 2011-12.
I bought a 32' travel trailer and had to borrow my buddys GMC Diesel to tow it up to Maine, and thats what got me on the Diesel kick. After driving the Gmc and sitting in the Ford, I liked the Ford alot more.

I do think they gave good money for mine - $22,500 off of 42,500. My new truck is a 2009 f250 4x4 Crewcab King Ranch Diesel,15kmiles, w/Nav,Sync(which is awesome!) and every other option offered. Mine was a 2005 Lux with 58k miles and it was Super Charged, which usually hurts the trade, but my truck was not abused and in really good condition. I thought if I sold it outright I could get around 24-25k but I didn't want some Monkey to blow the tranny and give me an ass-ache about it....just made sense to me.
The Diesel's nice and a beast of power, but the H2 kicked ass w/the supercharger and I'll miss it, but I had to scratch the itch!!!! Those itches sure cost alot of money-LOL!

Mike

I woulda paid that price for your 2! Shipped it off to ND and you never would've heard from me again Ahh well.. nothing wrong with mine.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Hummer Novice

isellpower is off the scale

You'll be back, soon. I sold my 03 H2 and within a year picked up an 05 H2. During that time I always had my 07 f250 gasser and my Viper. After I sold the 05 I bought an 08 SRT8 Cherokee. With all the mods I have on it it's a real giggle machine. I recently purchased an 09 f350 crew cab long box dually diesel. I have yet to put the tuner on it, but its power is already insane. It feels like I can pull the moon closer to earth if a wanted to. Howevery, you will very shortly love to hate your 6.4 power stroke. In two months mine has had an "emergency shut down pull over immediately" and pages of other repairs and tow-ins. I call my 6.4 daully the pet elephant. It's seems like a really good idea to own one until you bring it home and have to live with it. All of your friends and family think your elephant is really cood, but behind the scenes, feeding it and cleaning up its sh#t is a real pain. First oil change with fuel filters was $200. Don't even plan on modding it, a simple air filter change from stock will void the warranty. They will blame everything you try to warranty on improper maintenance. Water seperator and regen alarms constantly going off, etc. I'm alread looking at trading mine in on an 09 H2 and I'll pick up a V10 gasser for towing. I just can't figure out why a straight 6 cat diesel can run 1 million miles, yet a 6.4 is garbage after 100K. Just do some research on the diesel sites and you'll be looking at the NADA trade-in on that King Ranch.

Last edited by isellpower : 08-15-2010 at 03:55 PM.