H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-30-2005, 02:08 PM

BlackDragon is off the scale

So, I picked up my H2 yesterday, but didn't get to drive it much as I had a course to attend in the afternoon.

My first real experience of driving it was on the evening when my wife and I went out for something to eat. I couldn't really pay much attention to the food, as all I wanted to do was to go and "play" with my new toy.

Today we went out driving - took a 30 mile trip to the nearest "Krispy Kreme's" (hey, this is the UK), and I loved it! The car is so comfortable, sounds awesome (I missed the sound of Chevy V8's once my C5 got sold), and just looks so cool words struggle to describe the experience!

I didn't find the fuel consumption anything like as bad as I'd expected, either. The prospect of seeing 10mpg was a scary thought as petrol is $7.01 here, but what we're forgetting here is that the Hummer reads out in US gallons, not Imperial Gallons which is what UK fuel consumption figures are based on.

With this in mind, the actual fuel consumption on my trip out today was around 15.6mpg. I can live with that!

First modification is coming soon too - everything seems "that little bit smaller" over here, so I've decided to have a parking sensor system fitted. Not that I care about anyone else's car - I just don't wanna damage my H2!

Also - is it bad I don't wanna drive through mud in this thing? I wanna pimp it up a bit!
Old 01-30-2005, 02:08 PM

BlackDragon is off the scale

So, I picked up my H2 yesterday, but didn't get to drive it much as I had a course to attend in the afternoon.

My first real experience of driving it was on the evening when my wife and I went out for something to eat. I couldn't really pay much attention to the food, as all I wanted to do was to go and "play" with my new toy.

Today we went out driving - took a 30 mile trip to the nearest "Krispy Kreme's" (hey, this is the UK), and I loved it! The car is so comfortable, sounds awesome (I missed the sound of Chevy V8's once my C5 got sold), and just looks so cool words struggle to describe the experience!

I didn't find the fuel consumption anything like as bad as I'd expected, either. The prospect of seeing 10mpg was a scary thought as petrol is $7.01 here, but what we're forgetting here is that the Hummer reads out in US gallons, not Imperial Gallons which is what UK fuel consumption figures are based on.

With this in mind, the actual fuel consumption on my trip out today was around 15.6mpg. I can live with that!

First modification is coming soon too - everything seems "that little bit smaller" over here, so I've decided to have a parking sensor system fitted. Not that I care about anyone else's car - I just don't wanna damage my H2!

Also - is it bad I don't wanna drive through mud in this thing? I wanna pimp it up a bit!
Old 01-30-2005, 03:14 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

They are addictive aren't they. You'll love it, even at $7 bucks a gallon (Imp). You don't need parking assist. Just "push" em out of the way!
Old 01-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackDragon:
Also - is it bad I don't wanna drive through mud in this thing? I wanna pimp it up a bit! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least you're honest!

We feel your joy man! Congrats!

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

The fuel mileage will improve as the engine breaks-in, the computer runs it rich for the first thousand or so miles....slightly better mpg is ahead of you.

Ya know, most people do the mud thing a couple times and then realize it's just mud. The price you pay is hours of using a pressure sprayer in a futile attempt to clean. Seriously, I've got mud that has stained the hoses & frame and just refuses to come off. At this point, I avoid the mud or at least take it easy while going through it...leave the boggin' to the hayseeds & hicks!

On the flip-side, water puddles are clean fun and can toss a nice wave onto your windshield!

Enjoy the toy!!!

Btw, "freakin" is spelled f***ckin, not "f*ckin"...now if you'll excuse me I'm off to church with DrtyFn to repent for something Dennis did.