H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

Microday is an unknown quantity at this point

Picked up my new '05 Desert Sand H2 LUX yesterday and immediately noticed difference between my '05 H2 Adv. For starters the LUX does not have the air suspension which dramitically improves the ride quality. I was very happy with the ride of Adv series but I was comparing the ride to previous vehicles (Yukon, Avalance, Escalade EXT). This LUX has an awesome ride and something my wife noticed 5 minutes after we started driving.

Average MPG - In my adv series I was averaging 12.8 - 13 MPG on my daily commute which is 60 miles a day that is 90% highway @ 70mph. I have driven the LUX 90 miles and I'm averaging 14.7-14.9 mpg. Identical driving. The only major difference is the mileage, 8,600 miles vs. 14,200 miles respectively.

Seating - The LUX seats seem to be more comfortable and have more cushion. Again my wife noticed this immediatley, the all black interior looks and feels nicer in our opinion. Our adv series had the two-tone interior of black and wheat which we really like until now.

I stopped by the Hummer dealer last night to pick up a brochure on the H3 (my mother-in-law is looking to buy) and talked to my salesman about the difference and he confirmed that my observations were correct regarding the two packages. They are no longer buying the adv series, you have to special order if you want this package. When I was looking for a new H2 on gmbuypower.com last weekend I notice most of the dealers are only carrying the base or LUX models. I wonder if this is a sign that the Adv series will no longer be available.

H2 Rocks - I notices you did the same trade I did, adv to LUX. What differences did you notice?

The trade was the best decision I have made, the Desert Sand is an awesome color.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

Picked up my new '05 Desert Sand H2 LUX yesterday and immediately noticed difference between my '05 H2 Adv. For starters the LUX does not have the air suspension which dramitically improves the ride quality. I was very happy with the ride of Adv series but I was comparing the ride to previous vehicles (Yukon, Avalance, Escalade EXT). This LUX has an awesome ride and something my wife noticed 5 minutes after we started driving.

Average MPG - In my adv series I was averaging 12.8 - 13 MPG on my daily commute which is 60 miles a day that is 90% highway @ 70mph. I have driven the LUX 90 miles and I'm averaging 14.7-14.9 mpg. Identical driving. The only major difference is the mileage, 8,600 miles vs. 14,200 miles respectively.

Seating - The LUX seats seem to be more comfortable and have more cushion. Again my wife noticed this immediatley, the all black interior looks and feels nicer in our opinion. Our adv series had the two-tone interior of black and wheat which we really like until now.

I stopped by the Hummer dealer last night to pick up a brochure on the H3 (my mother-in-law is looking to buy) and talked to my salesman about the difference and he confirmed that my observations were correct regarding the two packages. They are no longer buying the adv series, you have to special order if you want this package. When I was looking for a new H2 on gmbuypower.com last weekend I notice most of the dealers are only carrying the base or LUX models. I wonder if this is a sign that the Adv series will no longer be available.

H2 Rocks - I notices you did the same trade I did, adv to LUX. What differences did you notice?

The trade was the best decision I have made, the Desert Sand is an awesome color.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

I just traded my 03 Lux for a new Adv. Contrary to your thoughts, my new one rides MUCH better than the old one... although, that may be due to the model year changes.

If what you say is true, I may regret NOT looking at the new Lux trucks... although, to save my marriage, I best not even THINK about it!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 07-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

IMHO The black interior looks too Pontiac Grand Am for my taste. Supension : take an off ramp about 15mph faster than recommended speed" big difference"( not a good one), the take same 15mph figure to a parking lot speed bump even bigger difference. As for the mpg lay off the crack rock !!
Old 07-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

I should qualify my comments before I get killed on this post. My comments only refer to highway driving, I do very little off road driving.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoLo:
I just traded my 03 Lux for a new Adv. Contrary to your thoughts, my new one rides MUCH better than the old one... although, that may be due to the model year changes.

If what you say is true, I may regret NOT looking at the new Lux trucks... although, to save my marriage, I best not even THINK about it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoLo - I also think it might have something to do with the mileage. I have 6,000 more miles on my new truck so it is very possible that the Adv will breakin to a smoother ride. However I will not miss the air compressor automatically turning on, I complained to the dealer to see if it was working properly. I was told this was normal operation.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Microday:
However I will not miss the air compressor automatically turning on, I complained to the dealer to see if it was working properly. I was told this was normal operation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks (I think! ) for warning me on this one... I haven't had it happen, yet, though!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 07-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

Drove both...bought the LUX. Better ride,auto-hieght adjust. Just IMHO what I liked.

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5