H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-29-2005, 08:20 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

So today I was told about parking the H2 as close to the back as I could. I asked if he wanted me to park out back - but he said "no, you don't need to...just get as close as you can to the back of the rows". "Customers think we are getting paid a **** load...they were like that when I drove my BMW."

My reply:

Yea, I do most the time(park near the back), I try to get the back area when I can...I see what you're saying though...

Whatever.

So tomorrow I am parking out back - I already called my friend with his H3 - he will be doing the same thing. Too bad the boss's Denali will not be out of site.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:20 PM
Hummer Guru

So today I was told about parking the H2 as close to the back as I could. I asked if he wanted me to park out back - but he said "no, you don't need to...just get as close as you can to the back of the rows". "Customers think we are getting paid a **** load...they were like that when I drove my BMW."

My reply:

Yea, I do most the time(park near the back), I try to get the back area when I can...I see what you're saying though...

Whatever.

So tomorrow I am parking out back - I already called my friend with his H3 - he will be doing the same thing. Too bad the boss's Denali will not be out of site.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:24 PM

ARH1956 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:

My reply:

Whatever.

So tomorrow I am parking out back - I already called my friend with his H3 - he will be doing the same thing. Too bad the boss's Denali will not be out of site. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The majority of consumers don't know a Denali from a base Yukon. They have no idea that a Denali with all options is very close to the cost of an H2 & far more than many BMW's. Don't take my observation as approving of your employers request however.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Hummer Guru

Well many people might agree with him, I am just not sure how to take this. It sucks being singled out because of my truck choice.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:51 PM

RiverRacerX is off the scale

I have an '03 Escalade (did I mention it is for sale?)
My buddy has an '03 Denali.
They are both fully loaded minus Nav.
He paid 2k more than I did.

As they sit mine has a KBB trade in value of 33K. His has a KBB trade in value of 27K.

They are not perceived as high of a luxury vehicle as an Escalade either. (Bad resale)

http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/up...4-h2sut_av.jpg
Waiting for a real one....
Old 08-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

vtstomper,
you must love your job. Because thats bullsh*t. Its to bad people have to judge by what others have. Good luck.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Its to bad people have to judge by what others have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is so true. I was up in the mountians this weekend, and these good old boys tried to start up a comparison of the H2 and a jeep scrambler. I bought them a beer and told them I like the comfort while wheelin, and invited them to take me out to some of their trails.
ended up buying them another beer, and they started admiring the H2, never did see them off of the porch or with out a beer.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dug3x3:
vtstomper,
you must love your job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to at one time...but it has really started to become a nasty place.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Time to quit , I am self employed and so was my father and grandfather etc. I am used to giving directions and not taking them. You do very well at not telling your boss to pound sand up his ass.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Hummer Guru

I just bit my lip, and know it is not worth blowing up. Other factor is my wife being pregnant - it is hard to just walk. I have been keeping all my options open though. I wear so many hats there - so one would think that it would not be wise to have me walk out the door...but who knows.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

L.E. Sniper is off the scale

When I bought our first 03 the Sheriff got a lot of grief about how much his deputys were making if they could afford a hummer. He told them that I was not paid any more than any other deputy, and how I spent my paycheck was none of anybody's business. These people didn't take into consideration my wife owns her own business, and makes more than me. When we bought our second 03 and the Sheriff found out he hunted me down and asked if we had gotton a second one, when I said yes he just rolled his eyes, and shook his head and laughed.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:00 AM
Hummer Guru

LOLOL! I like that - too bad my boss is not more like that!

I have always said - how come it is my fault...people assume too much man! I think it is mostly because I am younger, and in a town where not too many people drive autos priced over 40K.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

As a business owner, I can see the point of "customer perception". It can lead to the customer forming subconcious thoughts of overpayment for your product/service in a high profile vehicle that is profiled as a "Rich mans ride".
The region I live in is overflowing with $$$ and when I show up in my modest H3, I get comments from "good for you, you deserve it" to "You just had to get a Hummer didn't you". My customers do not realize that a F150 loaded up costs MORE than my nicely equipped H3.
It is all about perception and I choose to be percieved as a sucessful business person.
Your boss calls the shots, but I would stand up for your Hummer and spin the situation into a win/win for you and the company. Offer free "Thrill Rides in the Hummer" for the largest purchase of the week. Maybe some creative advertising with the Hummer.
Or you could just tell him the truth...That he should not have such a complex about his employees driving a vehicle that gets more attention than his...
I am of the opposite mindset. I wish I could pay all of my employees enough to afford H2's and H3's, then I could afford a H1.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:38 AM
Hummer Guru

Mx - thanks for the thoughts. I too agree from some aspecs...I just think it is kind of weird that the H2 and H3 owner's have to go out back. But - oh well.

Here is the other shoe...

We are a state regulated public utility!
Old 08-30-2005, 12:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
Here is the other shoe...

We are a state regulated public utility! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you say Benifits? I would live with it too... Park down the street and take a taxi? OK!
Old 08-30-2005, 12:44 AM
Hummer Guru

LOL! That is true!

I want to break out on my own - and I will...just with the baby plans, now is not the best time.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2005, 12:45 AM
Hummer Guru

Might ride the mtn bike tomorrow!
Old 08-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

every once in a while in your career you get the learning opportunity to work for a total ignoramus maximus. learn from it and when youinterview your next boss, make sure you are of same mind...
I feel our pain, been there.....(not with the H2 but)
Old 08-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Hummer Guru

Thanks Orbital! I hear you on that!

Well I am parked out back today...I was going to ride my mtn bike, but it is pouring. So I (and the H3 owner) are parked behind the building with all the company jeeps.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Orbital! I hear you on that!

Well I am parked out back today...I was going to ride my mtn bike, but it is pouring. So I (and the H3 owner) are parked behind the building with all the company jeeps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry to hear of your predicament. The Jeeps should have to park in the Economy section, and Hummers should get Long Term. Put some rocks "out Back" and park on top of them.

BTW, on the other thread, that wasn't my house. But it sure made my Hummer look good!

Congrats on the Baby!