H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

sbmike is off the scale

Let me start by saying I'll be taking my H2 into the dealer to have this checked out but since it's one of those "intermittent" things, they may not find anything. I was sitting at a light the other day about 10 minutes after leaving the parking lot where it had sat while I was at work. When the light turned green, I stepped lightly on the gas and it felt like I still had the brake on for a fraction of a second then it popped loose. The wheels were pointing straight ahead, not turning and it was not raining or wet. I don't think it's the brakes but rather something binding in the transmission that shouldn't be. When I first took delivery of the truck, the trans. slipped a few times and took longer than I thought it should to go into gear and when I took it in to the dealer about a week later, they said the trans fluid was low and it probably had not been topped off at the dealership before I took delivery. Could riding around for a week with low trans fluid have caused some damage that is now starting to show itself? While the incident at the traffic light has not repeated, at times it feels like the truck doesn't really know whether it wants to upshift or not. Also, I've noticed that the trans temperature is up around 185-200 even after short trips when most references to trans temps in this forum seem to be between 100 and 150. Anyone have any thoughts on what it could be?
Hummer Veteran

sbmike is off the scale

Let me start by saying I'll be taking my H2 into the dealer to have this checked out but since it's one of those "intermittent" things, they may not find anything. I was sitting at a light the other day about 10 minutes after leaving the parking lot where it had sat while I was at work. When the light turned green, I stepped lightly on the gas and it felt like I still had the brake on for a fraction of a second then it popped loose. The wheels were pointing straight ahead, not turning and it was not raining or wet. I don't think it's the brakes but rather something binding in the transmission that shouldn't be. When I first took delivery of the truck, the trans. slipped a few times and took longer than I thought it should to go into gear and when I took it in to the dealer about a week later, they said the trans fluid was low and it probably had not been topped off at the dealership before I took delivery. Could riding around for a week with low trans fluid have caused some damage that is now starting to show itself? While the incident at the traffic light has not repeated, at times it feels like the truck doesn't really know whether it wants to upshift or not. Also, I've noticed that the trans temperature is up around 185-200 even after short trips when most references to trans temps in this forum seem to be between 100 and 150. Anyone have any thoughts on what it could be?
Hummer Veteran

sbmike is off the scale

Old 06-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

discofever is off the scale

It’s not necessarily your transmission... The symptom you describe is very common with the 5.3L & 6.0L GM Engines. Cadillac, GMC, and Chevy recognize this problem being caused by either the Transmission Module and/or the Ignition Switch or simply adjusting the linkage on the transmission.

The way to be certain, the next time you experience this symptom after being stopped or at a stop light, keep an eye on the letter "D" above the steering column (P R N D 3 2 1), should the "D" disappear on the digital display, the problem will most likely be transmission module and/or the ignition switch. If the letter is still lit, your transmission requires the linkage to be adjusted.