H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

Hey guys-
I'm considering the H3 and have a few options. I have a relative that works for GM, so I can get a GMID. From reading these threads, I'd have to find a retailer willing to take it. What about the GM employee discount program that's running? Is the H3 eligible and what's the difference between that and the GMID?

Any suggestions on financing? Do I look outside the dealer for financing? The web? I was able to 4.9% on my used Ford Escape. If I bought the H3, I'd want to couple the best deal with great financing.

TIA
Chris
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 09-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

Hey guys-
I'm considering the H3 and have a few options. I have a relative that works for GM, so I can get a GMID. From reading these threads, I'd have to find a retailer willing to take it. What about the GM employee discount program that's running? Is the H3 eligible and what's the difference between that and the GMID?

Any suggestions on financing? Do I look outside the dealer for financing? The web? I was able to 4.9% on my used Ford Escape. If I bought the H3, I'd want to couple the best deal with great financing.

TIA
Chris
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 09-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want full details on the difference, do a search.
The H3 is not eligible for the special promotion of GM employee pricing, very few 2006 vehicle are. GMID is about 2 percent above dealer invoice, GMS (GM employee pricing) is about 2 percent below dealer invoice.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:18 AM

trading13 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">GM employee pricing, very few 2006 vehicle are. GMID is about 2 percent above dealer invoice, GMS (GM employee pricing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey f5,

i went into kachina in scottsdale, az and called pasadena, ca today. in scottsdale they gave me pricing with GMID as 2% below and in pasadena the guy said he couldn't find out the pricing for the lux but would have it for me tomorrow though he said it would be 2% below invoice also. I plan on ordering tomorrow, do you think they'll give me a new price once they actually put the order in or what???? Either way I'll take it, its a huge discount and thanks for the cert. again.

By the way scottsdale said they would take it after first saying they didn't know what it was but policy required a 2000 nonrefundable deposit. pasadena asks to hold a 500 check til it comes in.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:27 AM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

We take GMIDs as well. What are you trying to order?
Old 09-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trading13:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">GM employee pricing, very few 2006 vehicle are. GMID is about 2 percent above dealer invoice, GMS (GM employee pricing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey f5,

i went into kachina in scottsdale, az and called pasadena, ca today. in scottsdale they gave me pricing with GMID as 2% below and in pasadena the guy said he couldn't find out the pricing for the lux but would have it for me tomorrow though he said it would be 2% below invoice also. I plan on ordering tomorrow, do you think they'll give me a new price once they actually put the order in or what???? Either way I'll take it, its a huge discount and thanks for the cert. again.

By the way scottsdale said they would take it after first saying they didn't know what it was but policy required a 2000 nonrefundable deposit. pasadena asks to hold a 500 check til it comes in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could he have been figuring 2 percent below MSRP for GMID, or is he getting GMID confused with GMS?
I guess the discount is what I have been told by finance people, but it was correct for a Corvette. Never actually figure out what the exact below invoice a GMS was. Guess I need to find a bean counter and find exact invoice amounts to actually figure out the discount.
The GM system will show MSRP with GMID and GMS prices, but does not actually say what the invoice is for the vehicle.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Dallas, El Paseo, and many other west dealrs will take it jut call and try to get to the Mgr.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trading13:
By the way scottsdale said they would take it after first saying they didn't know what it was but policy required a 2000 nonrefundable deposit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever you do, do not give them a nonrefundable deposit of any amount. My dealer wanted a $2500 refundable deposit but I told them I would only give the $1000 and they accepted.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 09-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

Laura is off the scale

hey...f5fstop...I bought mine from Kachina and they said there was no Discount what so ever...Are the discounts only if you order one or can you purchase the same day with the discount...
Old 09-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Laura:
hey...f5fstop...I bought mine from Kachina and they said there was no Discount what so ever...Are the discounts only if you order one or can you purchase the same day with the discount... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the other thread about this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Laura:
so....does it have to be on one thats ordered or should have they gave me one when i went in and bought the one of the lot???because i asked and they said no such option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The discount should be available whether you ordered or took one off the lot as far as I know. Dealers don't have to accept the GMID discount if they don't want to but more and more are starting to on the H3. The receptionist at my dealership told me they were not accepting them but a week later when I went in to get my deposit back to go else where, all of the sudden they do accept them. Did you have a GMID Cert. #? You have to get this from a GM employee, it is not a current promotion that is going on through the dealers.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:43 PM

tacocat is off the scale

aggie, where are you?
Old 09-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

Laura is off the scale

no i didnt have a gm #...is there anyway to get one if your a nobody....Can i give my first born--blood--or how about a sign "will work for gm#" just teasing.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Hummer Guru

Somebody here that works for GM might see your post and contact you. GM employees are allowed to give out two a month to whoever they want. If you know anyone that works for GM, they can give you one. Well worth getting if you can.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:40 PM

trading13 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:

Could he have been figuring 2 percent below MSRP for GMID, or is he getting GMID confused with GMS?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're right he did get it confused with GMS he gave me a printout with MSRP 36070 and wrote GMS 31548 including Destination, not including crossbars. Said these were dealer add ons.

The guy I talked to in Pasadena said they take the GMID if I actually have one (lol I dunno what thats about) I specifically asked him if it was 2% above or below and he said below. I'm thinking its above though. I guess I'll find out today because I'm ordering it from somebody somewhere. If he can't give me a price by noon I guess I'll have to drive to Texas or Wyoming.

Hey Laura my salesguy at Kachina didn't know what GMID was until I told him several people were going to Texas to take advantage of it and I didn't really want to go that far but its too much of a discount not too. But he couldn't tell the difference between a Lux and Adv without looking at the sticker either so he may genuninely not have known.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

Laura is off the scale

well i already missed the boat im sure because Ive had it 3 weeks now....Or i could throw a scottsdale bitch fit like most do over there starbucks not being just right...Maybe I could call it the Biltmore Bitch fit (since thats my home base)
Old 09-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

The GMID deal says that it must be used on a vehicle in dealer stock. Some dealers will take them on an order, but those are few and far between. At Sewell we accept GMID numbers.

tacocat, I'm in Plano, TX, about 15 minutes from DFW airport.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Hummer Expert

SteveRH is an unknown quantity at this point

no i didnt have a gm #...is there anyway to get one if your a nobody....Can i give my first born--blood--or how about a sign "will work for gm#" just teasing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You can get a GMID in minutes by going here and following the send email with info directions:
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/dir...w/.ef16de0/534
Old 09-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aggiehummer...er:
The GMID deal says that it must be used on a vehicle in dealer stock. Some dealers will take them on an order, but those are few and far between. At Sewell we accept GMID numbers.

tacocat, I'm in Plano, TX, about 15 minutes from DFW airport. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just based on memory of posts, haven't most that have used the GMID been those that ordered? I could be wrong, happened once before

Old 09-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Any suggestions on financing? Do I look outside the dealer for financing? The web? I was able to 4.9% on my used Ford Escape. If I bought the H3, I'd want to couple the best deal with great financing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your informative posts on the GMID. I just got back from a local dealer (NY) and they said they would take the GMID "depending on which vehichle and how many they had". That's understandable...The sticker price on the vehichle I was interested in was $38,500. Black with Lux.

Any suggestions on where to get good financing. Next step for me is to shop around for a good rate. That, and figure out what to do with my Ford Escape.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
hey...f5fstop...I bought mine from Kachina and they said there was no Discount what so ever...Are the discounts only if you order one or can you purchase the same day with the discount... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the other thread about this:

so....does it have to be on one thats ordered or should have they gave me one when i went in and bought the one of the lot???because i asked and they said no such option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The discount should be available whether you ordered or took one off the lot as far as I know. Dealers don't have to accept the GMID discount if they don't want to but more and more are starting to on the H3. The receptionist at my dealership told me they were not accepting them but a week later when I went in to get my deposit back to go else where, all of the sudden they do accept them. Did you have a GMID Cert. #? You have to get this from a GM employee, it is not a current promotion that is going on through the dealers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As HummerNewbie says, it is for order or in stock, or even a dealer trade, but up to the dealer to accept.

I will add that I just left my dealer, having them make sure my transfer case is at the correct fill-level, and I asked the salesman how business was, and he said it has slowed in the past week. Even H3 sales have slowed. This is the northern suburban area of Detroit, so it might just be in this area.
One reason is many are waiting for rebates on the H3, and the salesman agreed, this may not happen.