H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-01-2007, 06:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale
Default Heater and Windshield Wiper conflict

I have a mildly bothersome problem with my 2005 H2. When is cold and wet, and I am running the heater and the wipers on intermitent, the heater blower cuts out for about a half a second when the wipers run a cycle. It's not every cycle but varies. The heater may cut out on every cycle then run normally for 3 to 4 cycles and cuts out again. I can't find any kind of pattern to it. I have been able to demostrate this to a hummer mechanic at the dealership who has no explaination. He has done some work looking for a problem but can't determine the cause. There is no effect on the air conditioner in the summer. It seems to be temperature related. Any ideas what the connection is between the heater blower circuit and the wiper circuit?
Happy New Year everyone.
David
Old 01-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heater and Windshield Wiper conflict

Only thing they have in common, other than battery B+, is the ground point; located under the right (passenger) side kick panel, toward the bottom. I AM NOT implying this is the problem, but I can tell you from many years of experience, ground points sometimes cause circuits to act strangely.
If it were me, I would remove the kick panel, remove the bolt for the ground point, make sure it is clean underneath (no corrosion or paint). If there is corrosion or paint, remove it at the location the washer hits the metal. Re-install, and tighten. When re-installing, make sure all the eyelets are clean where they contact the next eyelet.
It might be a waste of time, but it is only about ten minutes at the most, if you have to clean the location.

I should also ask, did the technician check the battery and the battery connections? Make sure they are very tight. A slightly loose battery connection; positive or negative, can affect some circuits with some strange afflictions, and the vehicle will still start ok.

Last edited by f5fstop : 01-01-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale
Default Re: Heater and Windshield Wiper conflict

Ok, thanks for the input. The dealer tech has done some work on it but I couldn't get an answer of exactly what he did. This looks like something I could do myself and know it's been done right. I assure the kick panel comes out without any special tools, I've removed other ones but not on a H2.
Thanks again.
David