H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Hummer Professional

Ed G. is off the scale

Includes the '03 / '05 H2 , they didn't say anything except that it was a safety recall. Anyone else have any info.?
Old 04-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Hummer Professional

Ed G. is off the scale

Includes the '03 / '05 H2 , they didn't say anything except that it was a safety recall. Anyone else have any info.?
Old 04-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

Mordak is off the scale

umm can you provide a link to them saying this, as proof?
Old 04-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

GM Recalling 2 Million Vehicles for Safety Defects

Monday, April 25, 2005

DETROIT — General Motors Corp. (GM) on Monday said it was recalling more than 2 million vehicles to fix a variety of potential safety defects, most of them on cars and trucks sold in the United States.

GM, which led the auto industry in U.S. recalls last year, said the largest of the latest safety actions included nearly 1.5 million full-size pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles from the 2003-2005 model years with second-row seat belts that may be difficult to properly position across passengers' hips.

GM said it voluntarily conducted that recall, although it had no reports that the belts caused or contributed to any injuries, and an analysis indicates a very low likelihood of problems occurring.

"Recalling these vehicles to provide improved routing of the lap belt is an important precautionary measure," Bob Lange, GM's director of structure and safety integration, said in a statement.

The recall includes some of GM's top-selling pickup trucks and SUVs, including the model year 2003 to 2005 Chevrolet Suburban (search), Chevrolet Tahoe (search), Hummer H2 (search), Cadillac Escalade, GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon XL and the crew cab versions of the Chevrolet Silverado (search) and the GMC Sierra.

GM dealers will repair the safety belts for free.

The recall is one of the largest for GM since March last year when the world's largest automaker recalled more than 4 million full-size pickup trucks to replace tailgate support cables that may corrode and fracture. That led to a record year in recalls for GM, which ran counter to recent claims that it has improved the quality of its cars and trucks.

GM also announced five other recalls on Monday. They include a recall of 332,202 of the 1500 Series Chevrolet Suburban (search) and Yukon XL SUVs from the 2000 and 2001 model years for possible overheating of fuel pump wires that could lead to engine stalling, failure to start, a possible fuel leak and inaccurate fuel-level readings. Owners will be notified when repair parts are available, GM said.

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_frien...154510,00.html
Old 04-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Hummer Professional

Ed G. is off the scale

Thanks Klaus!
Old 04-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:
Owners will be notified when repair parts are available, GM said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know SEVERAL recalls have been issued on the H2, and I have YET to receive a notice from GM when "repair parts are available." In addition, on MyGM homepage, the recall information site (linked from your vehicle) is ALWAYS down. The only reason I know these recalls exist is because of this website. Anyone else having these issues, or are you actually receiving GM notices in the mail?

Stacy
Old 04-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

HummerLvr is off the scale

I have recieved no notice of any kind in the mail. I usualy will just have the dealer look up the recalls when it goes in for an oil change and get it all fixed at once.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

Lean Machine is off the scale

I was having the same concern. After one recall was reported on the local news, I called my Service Advisor and was informed that I would receive a notice if my H2 was affected. I still havn't received a notice. Actually my Advisor seemed a little confused by the question. I not sure if he had even heard of any recalls.

\'08 H2 Lux White SUT with Sedona interior - SOLD

\'08 H2 Lux White SUT with Sedona interior and 6'' Fabtech Lift
Old 04-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

My service department always tell me that there are no recalls, today after I read this note it was no different, they even sound sorprise on to my question of the recall What I do is to checking on the NHTSA web site for recalls and/or investigations.
http://www.safercar.gov/
"2003 Sage green LUX, wrapped around brush guard with off road lamps, roof mounted SMA light bar, AirAid Jr. kit, Delphi Touchscreen Navigation Radio with a 6 CD changer and more! Also a member of the HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies) pro
Old 04-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

History lesson:
The customers know about recalls before the
dealers!Unless you are a Lexus dealer,They
tell nobody Including the Gov,untill the dealers
have parts,tools and Vin# for concered vehicles.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:55 PM

FreeorDie2 is off the scale

I haven't received a recall notification either, but I list my vehicles on http://autos.msn.com. A recall alert popped up on the Hummer the last time I logged on. Here is what it said:

<span class="ev_code_RED">Recall Alert: CHEVROLET AVALANCHE, CHEVROLET EXPRESS, CHEVROLET SILVERADO, CHEVROLET SUBURBAN, GMC SAVANA, GMC YUKON XL, HUMMER H2
Owner Notification Date: Mar 31, 2005
Number of Units Potentially Affected: 155465
Component Description: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
NHTSA Campaign Number: 05V043000 </span>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description of Recall Campaign: CERTAIN TRUCKS, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND VANS EQUIPPED WITH BOSCH HYDRO-BOOST BRAKE ASSEMBLIES, THE HYDRAULIC BRAKE BOOSTER PRESSURE ACCUMULATOR MAY CRACK AND SEPARATE FROM THE HYDRO-BOOST ASSEMBLY DURING NORMAL OPERATING CONDITIONS.
IF A SEPARATION OCCURRED AND THE HOOD OF THE VEHICLE WERE OPEN, FRAGMENTS FROM THE ACCUMULATOR COULD CAUSE INJURY TO PEOPLE IN THE IMMEDIATE AREA. THE PRESENCE OF THIS CRACK OR FRACTURED SURFACE COULD ALLOW THE HYDRAULIC FLUID TO LEAK FROM THE ACCUMULATOR CIRCUIT OF THE BOOSTER ASSEMBLY. THE LOSS OF FLUID WOULD CAUSE INCREASED STEERING AND BRAKING EFFORT AND A CRASH MAY OCCUR WITHOUT PRIOR WARNING.

DEALERS WILL TEST THE HYDRO-BOOST ASSEMBLY FOR FUNCTIONAL OPERATION OF THE TWO-FUNCTION VALVE. IF THE HYDRO-BOOST ASSEMBLY FAILS THE TEST, DEALERS ARE TO REPLACE THE ASSEMBLY. THE RECALL BEGAN ON MARCH 31, 2005. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT CHEVROLET AT 1-800-630-2438, GMC TRUCKS AT 1-866-996-9463 AND HUMMER AT 1-800-732-5493.
1994 Pearl Yellow Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
Old 04-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

GM to Recall 2 Million Vehicles
To Repair a Variety of Problems

By KAREN LUNDEGAARD
Staff Reporter of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
April 26, 2005

General Motors Corp. announced it was recalling more than two million vehicles in six separate recalls, most of them safety related. One of the recalls involves seat-belt anchors on the Saturn L Series wagons that pulled out of the floor during government compliance tests.

In January, the Canadian Highway Safety Agency alerted GM that Saturn L Series wagons had failed its seat-belt compliance test. GM did its own internal testing in March and told the U.S. government that the "seat-belt anchor separated from the vehicle" during a test at 96% of the force required by the federal standard, which is the same for the U.S. and Canada.

GM spokesman Alan Adler said the company had tested the sedan version of the Saturn L Series to 120% of the standard and it passed, so more testing wasn't done on the wagon. The last of the vehicles rolled off production lines in January of this year. The recall includes 22,115 vehicles from model years 2002 to 2004. Mr. Adler said there have been no reported injuries because of the problem.

The bulk of the vehicles in the recalls, nearly 1.5 million, related to a separate seat-belt problem on GM's full-size sport-utility vehicles and crew-cab pickups. GM had installed a loop to the back of the seat to help keep the second-row center seat belt from falling between the seats when they were folded down. But the loop makes the lap portion of the belt sit too high on smaller occupants, particularly children. Dealers will essentially cut the loop on the recalled vehicles, which include the Hummer H2; Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab, Suburban, Tahoe, Avalanche; Cadillac Escalades, including the ESV and EXT versions; GMC Sierra Crew Cab, Yukon and Yukon XL, all from the 2003 to 2005 model years. GM said no owners had reported injuries or problems related to the condition.

Another of the recalls involves problems with the parking brakes in 143,000 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra half-ton pickups and 2001-2005 three-quarter and one-ton Silverado and Sierras. GM said there had been 75 reports of problems with the vehicles, including 26 crashes and one minor injury. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration had opened an investigation into the matter in December 2003 and upgraded its investigation nearly a year later.

The recalls come as GM is fighting to retain its North American market share. It reported a loss of $1.1 billion for the first quarter last week. Last year, GM recalled a record 10.7 million vehicles in North America, accounting for one-third of all vehicles recalled in the U.S. So far this year, GM has recalled 2.9 million vehicles in North America, compared with 8.5 million at this time last year. The number of recalls, though, is up to 22 from 18 a year ago.

Joan Claybrook, head of consumer-safety advocacy Public Citizen, said it was unusual that GM would announce six recalls at once and noted that the auto maker likely did it for strategic reasons -- to get the bad news over with at once. She said she is concerned about the bundling of recall announcements only if "they hold them and don't do a recall for months and months."

Mr. Adler conceded that if the company announced the recalls separately, one after the other, it might leave consumers with a poor impression of GM quality. More important, he said he thinks the large number of vehicles involved will bring more attention to the issue and motivate people to get the vehicles to the dealership and fix the problems.

The other recalls include:

Nearly 70,000 Buick Lacrosse cars and its Canadian twin, the Buick Allure, for a part of the brake system that might have been inadvertently bent during assembly. GM noticed the problem in early February. Around that time there was a report of one low-speed crash. Mr. Adler said owners are expected to receive letters this Friday explaining the recalls, but GM isn't ordering them to stop driving the vehicles in the meantime.

Nearly 40,000 2004 Buick Rendezvous and Pontiac Aztek vehicles for intermittent stalling because of a faulty ignition part. GM said there has been one minor crash but no reported injuries.

Some 332,000 model-year 2000-2001 Chevrolet Suburbans and Yukon XLs for possible overheating of fuel-pump wires. The problem can lead to the engine stalling or misreads of the fuel level. GM said it was unaware of any crashes or injuries from the problem.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:00 AM

RAM H2 RYDER is off the scale

I received a recall notine about the brake issue on my 05 but it was about 2 and a half moths after I saw it on the news. Now I guess I'll be waiting again. I just brought it in to weeks ago on the last recall.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

More info in NY Times this A.M.:

General Motors issued several wide-ranging recalls on Monday involving more than two million vehicles, including some of its most popular and profitable sport utility vehicles, the Cadillac Escalade, GMC Yukon and Hummer H2.

The largest recall covers 1.5 million pickup trucks and S.U.V.'s with defective second-row center seat belts. G.M. told the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration last week that the belts fasten too high above a passenger's hips and increase the risk of injury in a crash, particularly to smaller passengers. In a letter to the safety administration, G.M. said the defect could expose passengers "to more risk of abdominal and internal organ injury."

The recall was voluntary, and G.M. said it knew of no injuries resulting from the defective belts. The safety administration is not investigating the matter.

G.M. planned to notify all owners of the affected vehicles by mail and to encourage them to have the seat belts repaired free at their dealerships. "It's a pretty simple fix," said Alan Adler, a spokesman for the company. "And we want people to come in to get them fixed."

whole article -
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/26/na.../26recall.html
Old 04-27-2005, 01:40 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I'd rather keep that loop. Definately makes it easier to get to the belt and such. The only time any child sits in the center position is with a carseat/booster....

Don't the H2's have shoulder belts for the center position anyways?

'03 H2
Old 04-27-2005, 03:15 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I picked My rig up May 28,2004. A 2005 model and I have not gotten anything in the mail.
I talk to the Ser. Manager and see what He says.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-27-2005, 10:32 AM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
Don't the H2's have shoulder belts for the center position anyways? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, just a lap belt. That gets in the way every time you flip the seat up/down.

Stacy
Old 04-27-2005, 05:14 PM

RAM H2 RYDER is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devilsfan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
Don't the H2's have shoulder belts for the center position anyways? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, just a lap belt. That gets in the way every time you flip the seat up/down.

Stacy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My 05 has a shoulder belt in the center.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

My 05 has shoulder belt in center also.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-27-2005, 08:17 PM

BlingBlingH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">GM to Recall 2 Million Vehicles
To Repair a Variety of Problems </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

da best way to fix all dis shiz is to recall all GM products, crush dem up, and send all dat scrap on a rocket to sun, burn dat shiz up like a mug. or just crash your sh!t as$ GM H2 into other GM H2's until da are all totaled. the other option is to hope and pray dat you got one of da many GM H2's dat have da wheelz falln off issue. test it out by rippn dat 7000lb trash heap around turns until dat shiz busts. one more ya'll, when you be testn to see if yo floor leaks, just drive dat **** box truck into a huge body of water and floor it so dat yo engine water locks.

GM H2 = Nothing Like a Real Hummer

Your POS H2 or H3 is nothing more then a rebadged GM Truck that \"LOOKS\" like a Hummer. Keep buyn dem overpriced POS GM (wanna be Hummer) trucks you idiots