H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Hummer Professional

lonePalm is on a distinguished road
Default Hummer Happening Charlotte/NC Dec 9th

Hey guys check this out hope maybe some of you good folks can make it and help support the cause. Please read this and if anyone thinks there going to go, please email me so I can get a count and make sure there is enough food.

Hummer Help~ 2007

Moe off-roading adventures brought to you by Independence HUMMER, Moe's Southwest Grill and Massey's Septic Tank. We will be having this event Sunday December 9th 2007 at the Bill Hawes farm off of exit 36 in Mooresville. For anyone who has been to Mr. Hawes's farm you know it is an almost replica of Am General's off-road facility. And Mr. Hawes is adding upgrades every day. This will not be an event to miss.

The reason for this event is to help three families who recently have under gone unthinkable tragedies.

On October 4th 2007 two members of the Moe's Southwest Grill Family were taking from us and more importantly their families, in a senseless act of violence.

Jeff Mahar was the assistant manager who had been employed at Moe's for only two months., but he made an everlasting impact on everyone he had come in contact with. He was training to be a manger/partner of his Moe's franchise. He leaves his mother and father.

Vinny Ferens was a managing/partner of the Moe's Southwest Grill in the Dilworth area of Charlotte, N.C. Vinny, knew no limits to his kindness, generosity, and dedication. He leaves behind his wife, two sons aged 8 and 2, and his 6 month old daughter.

Ricky Hudgens.a driver for Massey Septic Tank was taken from us and his family on October 11th 2007 Ricky was taken in a car crash while working hard to support his family. He was dedicated and was loved by everyone he came in contact with. He leaves his 15 year old son, 27 year old daughter and 20 month old granddaughter.

We are looking for donations to help these families try to pick up the pieces and move on with their lives. And with Christmas just around the corner the families have enough to worry about. So any size donation would be much appreciated and very much needed. Thank You in advance for your support.

- .- -¬
- - - - -- - -. .- .¬
This will be a great day of off-roading with any and every obstacle imaginable and with all of the new
upgrades Mr. Hawes has just finished, a great day is promised. Lunch will be catered by Moe's Southwest Grill. We will be meeting at Independence HUMMER at 9-9:30am and caravan to the Hawes Farm. If you live in the Mooresville area and would just like to meet at the farm you should start arriving at about 10¬1O:30am. We will eat lunch at around 11:00am and begin off-roading at about 12:00pm. We will wrap up our day at 4:00pm. Donations will be accepted at registration once we arrive at the Hawes Farm. Please look deep inside and help with any amount. No matter the size, it is just as important!!! (We really hope to see you there) Please R.S.V.P

Email: RightCoastMedical@gmail.com

Last edited by lonePalm : 11-19-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hummer Happening Charlotte/NC Dec 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonePalm
Hey guys check this out hope maybe some of you good folks can make it and help support the cause. Please read this and if anyone thinks there going to go, please email me so I can get a count and make sure there is enough food.

Hummer Help~ 2007

Moe off-roading adventures brought to you by Independence HUMMER, Moe's Southwest Grill and Massey's Septic Tank. We will be having this event Sunday December 9th 2007 at the Bill Hawes farm off of exit 36 in Mooresville. For anyone who has been to Mr. Hawes's farm you know it is an almost replica of Am General's off-road facility. And Mr. Hawes is adding upgrades every day. This will not be an event to miss.

The reason for this event is to help three families who recently have under gone unthinkable tragedies.

On October 4th 2007 two members of the Moe's Southwest Grill Family were taking from us and more importantly their families, in a senseless act of violence.

Jeff Mahar was the assistant manager who had been employed at Moe's for only two months., but he made an everlasting impact on everyone he had come in contact with. He was training to be a manger/partner of his Moe's franchise. He leaves his mother and father.

Vinny Ferens was a managing/partner of the Moe's Southwest Grill in the Dilworth area of Charlotte, N.C. Vinny, knew no limits to his kindness, generosity, and dedication. He leaves behind his wife, two sons aged 8 and 2, and his 6 month old daughter.

Ricky Hudgens.a driver for Massey Septic Tank was taken from us and his family on October 11th 2007 Ricky was taken in a car crash while working hard to support his family. He was dedicated and was loved by everyone he came in contact with. He leaves his 15 year old son, 27 year old daughter and 20 month old granddaughter.

We are looking for donations to help these families try to pick up the pieces and move on with their lives. And with Christmas just around the corner the families have enough to worry about. So any size donation would be much appreciated and very much needed. Thank You in advance for your support.

- .- -?
- - - - -- - -. .- .?
This will be a great day of off-roading with any and every obstacle imaginable and with all of the new
upgrades Mr. Hawes has just finished, a great day is promised. Lunch will be catered by Moe's Southwest Grill. We will be meeting at Independence HUMMER at 9-9:30am and caravan to the Hawes Farm. If you live in the Mooresville area and would just like to meet at the farm you should start arriving at about 10?1O:30am. We will eat lunch at around 11:00am and begin off-roading at about 12:00pm. We will wrap up our day at 4:00pm. Donations will be accepted at registration once we arrive at the Hawes Farm. Please look deep inside and help with any amount. No matter the size, it is just as important!!! (We really hope to see you there) Please R.S.V.P

Email: RightCoastMedical@gmail.com

I would love to attend, however I have to work. Is there a way to make donations otherwise? A site, or anything set-up? Thanks....Jamie
Old 11-20-2007, 03:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

Little General is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to send a donation try contacting Kevin at Independence Hummer in Clt. His email is kmayhew@independencehummer.com . We citizens of Clt really thank you for helping these families. I will be taking two Hummers to the event, hope to see you guys there.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Hummer Professional

Bump!
Old 11-22-2007, 01:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

AtlantaH is off the scale

Billy,

Talked to the wife, count me in. I would like to come up sat afternoon, hook me up with some info on a good place to stay in the area for Sat night. Feel free to call me or drop me an email, whatever is easier for you. Did you get the new tires on your rig yet? Post some pics of the beast with the new set up regardless..i wanna see those rims on your truck!!
Old 11-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Hummer Professional

Great JD, My wife is also going to go, I'll get you the name and # for the hotel about 1/4 mile away, You guys could stay here but i have co coming in for a dinner on sat night, I can join you guys afterwords for some drinks. theres a cheeseburger in paradise 2 min away from the hotel. See if you have any other cats that would like to come. I cant wait to wheel look forward to seeing you again and yes the tires and wheels are still on, probably change the tires 1st of the year. I'll call ya!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

What hotel are you talking about. My company does maintenance on one in Mooresville at hwy 150 and i-77. If you want and enough people want I will see if he will give us a discount.I will check tomorrow and see if I can post something about some rooms.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Hummer Professional

sounds great, We appreciate it!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ok , I spoke with Champ Patel who owns the Super 8 Hotel @ I-77 and Exit 36 (hwy 150) and he said just say you are with the Hummer Outing for that weekend and he would give us a discount. Most all hotels in that area are pretty good, ie no public trans, so good part of the country.I would say its less than 10 miles to the farm from there. The phone number is 704-662-6188. I think you need to let Kevin Mayhew at Independence Hummer know who and how many are coming so he can let the caterer know for the food. Either call 704-971-3400 or kmayhew@independencehummer.com
Old 11-27-2007, 03:09 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Great JD, My wife is also going to go, I'll get you the name and # for the hotel about 1/4 mile away, You guys could stay here but i have co coming in for a dinner on sat night, I can join you guys afterwords for some drinks. theres a cheeseburger in paradise 2 min away from the hotel. See if you have any other cats that would like to come. I cant wait to wheel look forward to seeing you again and yes the tires and wheels are still on, probably change the tires 1st of the year. I'll call ya!

Fellow Parrothead?

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 11-28-2007, 02:40 AM
Hummer Professional

Yes sir! south western Pa sounds like you've been to (starlake) PGPavillion a couple of times. This year marks my 55th show since 1991. Here is a pic of his new boat that I took in St. Barths this year. tried to upload other pics of Atour Du Rocher the famous hotel night club of the caribbean that jimmy used own a part of but they were to large. Front plate on the hummer is a St Barths plate.
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2007, 03:24 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Yes sir! south western Pa sounds like you've been to (starlake) PGPavillion a couple of times. This year marks my 55th show since 1991. Here is a pic of his new boat that I took in St. Barths this year. tried to upload other pics of Atour Du Rocher the famous hotel night club of the caribbean that jimmy used own a part of but they were to large. Front plate on the hummer is a St Barths plate.

Oh yeah....been to the PG Pavillion twice and saw him at PNC park I think it was 3 years ago. So have you tried Landshark Lager yet? We found it in Myrtle beach and "imported" a few cases home in the back of the H2 beer wagon.

How the heck do you manage to get tickets. We've gotten lucky the past three years, but prior to that...nadda.

He said he's coming back this year to PA, so if you are coming to the show, let's hook up and tail gate.

We have local buffett impersonator, Tom Watt, ever seen him. He's great, looks just like jimmy!

Fins up!

Old 11-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Hummer Professional

Yeah I know Tom, my parents hired him for their 60th and 50th birthday party at the rolling rock club, the last show i saw him at was the day he left to go to Boca Grande club for the movie Hoot(He was a jimmy stand in) Yeah we need to hook up, I can tell you some stories.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Yeah I know Tom, my parents hired him for their 60th and 50th birthday party at the rolling rock club, the last show i saw him at was the day he left to go to Boca Grande club for the movie Hoot(He was a jimmy stand in) Yeah we need to hook up, I can tell you some stories.

We'd heard about Tom and got to see him at a local bar here in New Kensington this summer. Was a great show for sure. We'd considered hiring him to play at our company xmas party but my wife thought since not everyone was a parrothead a DJ would be better.

Have you ever seen the Boat Drunks, they are pretty good too, they were in town this summer also playing at the Hard Rock in Pgh.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Hummer Professional

Dont think that I have but I'd try'em out. I go to the Pittsburgh show every year, we pick our tix up from a broker and pay dearly for them, we always get 1st or 2nd row. Thats why I now sober up before I go into the show I wanna remember why I paid so much for the tix
Old 11-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Dont think that I have but I'd try'em out. I go to the Pittsburgh show every year, we pick our tix up from a broker and pay dearly for them, we always get 1st or 2nd row. Thats why I now sober up before I go into the show I wanna remember why I paid so much for the tix

I hear you there....we have always gotten pavillion seating but towards the back. Hey let us know if you can get tix that close this year, we'd be in for at least a couple!

There is usually about 12 of us that go, but not sure if all of them would pony up for 1st or 2nd row seats, but we definately would.

So how much do they usually run? I think last year our seats were about $150 each.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Hummer Professional

Great i'll keep that in mind, they run around 1k each. Alittle pricey but worth it to me.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:23 AM
Hummer Authority

so do you guys do the all day tailgate and get all decked out in parrothead attire?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Hummer Professional

yeah they always say that the lots wont open till 4 but we're there at noon, they dont want the traffic backing up on rte 18 or off the 22 exit ramp shoot me an email to rightcoastmedical@gmail.com and ill send some pics, we go all out with the ezup and grills my gas powered blender made out of a weed eater engine,margaritaville blender....we go ALL out!
Old 11-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Hummer Authority

you've got mail, i sent over a few pics of the gang